His Fledgling Queen

Xander

Elizabeth belonged to Xander. It wasn't a pretty or subtle way of saying what was true, but Xander had never been a man known for such things. Especially not considering his background. He was a hard man. He was cold and cruel at times. Elizabeth was one of the only people in the world who ever saw what might pass as the "good" in him. And he wanted to keep it that way. No one had any right to see what was good in their king. He ruled with a hard fist just like Shaun did. Though he gave more mercy than Shaun did, it was only because he had to. Xander wasn't a man who forgave after all.

Xander stood at the window in his chamber. It was a small window, easily covered during the day. He preferred not to waken with burns on him every evening. That left him bad-tempered which virtually screwed anyone who crossed him. Then again, they were usually lucky when he was like that. it meant that they had it all over and done with quickly instead of allowing them to taste the slow pleasure of a long death. That was usually what Xander preferred. It was also something that pissed off Shaun. Another bonus likely.

A tentative knock came at the door and Xander sniffed the air, his assumption of who was at the door quickly confirmed. Xander turned towards the door and moved across to it. To humans, it would have been a blink of an eye from the time when he had first turned and when he began to open the door. To him, it had been a casual stroll across the room. Humans always had been slow in that way. He had saved Elizabeth from that. She deserved the night, blood, a kingdom to bow to her. Xander had given it to her in exchange for her being his. And she was his. He would never let her go and he knew that she would never leave him.

He opened the door and looked down at her slight, pale form. She barely had any proper womanly curves as most men called them. He couldn't have imagined waiting for her to grow up more though. She had been sixteen when he had turned her. To him that was a woman. And she was a lovely one at that with her blonde hair and honest blue eyes. He stared back at her with his own intense eyes as she entered the room and scurried over to the bed. Xander shut and locked the door behind her and watched as she sat on it.

"Wha' is it Lizzie lass?" He demanded. He had never been a man to beat around the bush. Something was bothering her. He wanted to know what it was. And she knew that he wouldn't stop until he had the answer. It would be easy to have it out of her in the end.

He could smell her blood as it came to the surface turning her face a pretty shade of pink. Only the fact that he was the kind of man who smiled when he was about to kill kept him from smirking at her blush. He watched as she worried her lower lip and looked away from him. "Uhm....I-Diane, she..." The blush grew. If Xander had been a lesser man he would have sighed with a bit of frustration, but he was a Scott. He was a king and he was her sire and keeper. He was no lesser man. He contained his emotions as he waited for her words to flow forth as he knew they eventually would.

"Diana and Myles had sex and she told me about it and I felt weird and ...and..."

Xander's eyes narrowed a little. He hated at times the fact that she was still so close to that damn twin sister of hers. It wasn't to say that the lass was a bad egg, it was that he wanted Elizabeth all to himself. He didn't want her looking back on her old life. She was only to think of him. He had turned her for that reason after all. He couldn't help but see her embarrassment as she said the word sex though and saw through to the root of the situation. His anger slipped away as he thought of the prospect he was being presented with.

"I heard ye say 'sex'. Is that what ye're inquirin' of me, Lizzie lass?" He knew it was. He was teasing her. Only Shaun would be able to tell though. The man could read him as no other could. It was why Xander preferred having the man rule at his side rather than as an enemy, superior, or lesser. They worked best as equals. It was a well-known fact. He knew what Elizabeth really wanted, but he was going to keep her from it for a little while. He kept to his own accent as he explained the whole affair. He could hold out the syllables a lot longer than he could with "unaccented" English as some called it. It seemed the best way to explain the whole "sex" experience to Elizabeth. It also was the best way to torment her as he dragged it all out.

He waited for her reaction knowing that she was not satisfied with his answer. It probably made her even more embarrassed than she already was. It was what made it all so sweet to him. It would make their moment something special. Something she would never forget. He wanted that for her. Elizabeth deserved that.

When she finally decided to look up at him, he knew she had probably not heard a word he'd said. It was a rarity for Elizabeth. She usually always listened to him without question or hesitation. She seemed squeamish and he let the moment stretch before he finally spoke again. "This wasn't quite what ye wanted from me, was it, Lass?"

"No...no, not exactly what I wanted sir," Elizabeth murmured.

Xander approached her slowly. "Don't call me sir Lizzie lass...ever," he ordered as he sat down on the bed next to her. Elizabeth turned and put a hand on his shoulder before she shifted onto his lap. His arms slid around her waist as he stole her mouth in a deep kiss. She always tasted so good. She tasted like sunlight and life. She tasted of blood and innocence. Could a man truly blame him for not wanting to let that kind of thing go?

He made certain that he was slow with her. It was her first time and it was something that he wanted her to know only with him. It was a sweet promise for what would be to come in the end and forever. She needed to know of the things that he would give her. It was his duty as her king, as her sire, and as her lover.