Status: Can't update without comments

Because Of You

Chapter Twelve - Isabella

‘If you were my lady I can prove that I can be your man,

And make you understand,

And talk about our future plans,’

Who’s voice is that?
The words embraced me as if it was directed towards me. I wasn’t aware of where I was or who was with me. All I could do was hear the sweet melody of that song being played.

‘With ever promises is kept in my heart,

Nothing can break us apart,

Cause I love you with all my--’
the words stopped flowing naturally and it went quiet.

“I love you too. No! Where did you go?” I whispered unconsciously. My eyes flew open and I looked around for that voice again. I needed to hear those words. I needed to feel that love. My heart sank when I looked next to me and the bed was empty. Sliding down to where Brandon and Rachel once laid, I inhaled remembering last night.

‘I love you Rachel. I love you Brandon.’

‘I love you too. More than you know.’


Those words I heard last night before I fell asleep made my heart race. I let a childish groan escape when I thought of it all as I mistake. He was probably asleep when he said that. He probably didn’t mean it. I gripped the sheets where they both slept and sighed. I don’t know how long I was just laying there thinking, but I was pushed into reality when I heard a chuckle from my door way. Looking up from the bed I saw Brandon leaning against the door, just watching me.

“…Hi.” I managed to say, trying my best to ignore the thoughts running around in my head.

“Good morning Isabella.” My name rolled of his tongue perfectly. I couldn’t control the grin that appeared on my face. Stop it! He lives with you! I gave out another groan and plopped back on the bed, avoiding eye contact with Brandon.

“Morning,” I mumbled into the sheets. His laughter startled me when I noticed his voice was closer than before.

“Why can’t you look at me,” his whisper echoed throughout my room. “Did I do something wrong?” I didn’t know where he was. He could be hovering over me again, but I wouldn’t know. I couldn’t get myself to look up from the sheets and meet his eyes. “Isabella?”

“Mmm,”

“What’s wrongs with you? Why can’t you look at me?” Brandon’s voice was sitting right beside my bed. His sentence lingering in the air, ended by a teasing laughter that made me jump onto his back. My legs wound themselves around his waist and my arms secured around his neck as he spun me around laughing. He finally stopped and slowly sat on the bed. “That was an interesting way to get out of bed.” I nodded, resting my head against his back as I held him.

“Why couldn’t you look at me?” he asked my reflection in the mirror. I shrugged my shoulders, blushing and avoiding eye contact again. He jumped up and tilted back and forth, side to side, threatening to let me go if I didn’t answer.

“I was just thinking. That’s all.” It’s the half truth. I didn’t completely lie.

“About?” words lingering, I shrugged again. His look threatened to drop me again, but a little voice filled the house from downstairs.

“Mama! Stop it!” we heard Rachel laughing from downstairs. For a split second, Brandon forgot what we were talking about. Wasn’t long before he directed his attention to me again.

He slid me off his back and onto the bed. Brandon hovered over me, using his arms as support. “Is this why… you couldn’t make eye contact with me?” Teasing me seemed so easy for him to do. He bent down lower so his lips could brush lightly against mines, not actually kissing me. Lingering there he laughed, probably because of the “pleading” face I had on. I had enough of this damn teasing. My arms shot up to wrap around Brandon’s neck and I pulled him closer, making damn sure he knew that I wanted this.

He chuckled and kissed me back. I felt the bed dip lower as Brandon put more of his weight on it, trying his best not to fall over.

“Well, that was a VERY interesting way to start off this morning.” He backed away and I shrugged finally getting off my bed. We both froze when we saw Rachel standing in the door way, arms crossed over her chest.

“Uhm, what’s wrong Rachel?” I asked, still not moving.

Her bottom lip jutted out, “No Rachel. Me your Babygirl.” She said pouting. I laughed, “Okay Babygirl.”

Brandon’s head rested on my shoulder while his arms wound themselves around my waist pulling me closer. “What about me?” he asked curious. “I call you Rachel but you don’t get mad at me.”

“Because Mommy is nicer.” She said smiling proudly.

I heard Brandon gasp, letting go of me and stepping forward to stand beside me. “I’m nice!” he exclaimed, sounding like a little kid.

“Mommy is nicer.” She crossed her arms again slouching to one side of her body.
Brandon did the same, trying to copy her. She flipped her hair back, showing she had attitude and Brandon did the same with his ‘long’ invisible hair. “Daddy! You don’t have long hair like me!” Rachel walked towards us laughing.

“I guess so. But Mommy does.” He said placing his hand on top of my head. He bent down to sit on the ground in front of Rachel. Both of them starring at each other like they were mad.

“Breakfast!” We heard my mom yell from downstairs. Rachel blinked and Brandon hopped up and down yelling ‘I win I win!’

“You guys are such little kids.” I laughed walking downstairs.

“But you still love it.” Brandon said kissing my cheek. Mom glanced at us and winked at me, causing me to blush.

“Mommy loves me more more more!” Rachel yelled hugging my leg.

“Not! Mommy loves me more!” Brandon sat on the ground hugging my legs, pouting like a little kid.

Mom coughed and walked over to me, “Both of you are wrong. ‘Mommy’ loves me more, because I knew her longer.” She said hugging me and kissing me on my cheek.

“Awww man!” Rachel yelled walking to the table. Brandon looked at us and grabbed his chest acting ‘heartbroken.’

“I lose to thee lovely almighty Queen.” He bowed to Mom before sitting next to Rachel.

Mom and I looked at each other smiling, “What little kids we have in this house.”

---------------------------------------------------------------

After breakfast we all settled down in the living room to watch a movie together when we heard tires pull into our driveway.

Mom, Brandon, and I looked at each other confused. “I didn’t invite anyone over.”

“Neither did I.”

“I didn’t either.”

We looked at Rachel, “No way!” we stared in disbelief.

Heels made their way to the door and the person practically tried breaking down our door with all the kicking, ringing, and punching she was doing.

“Sheesh, what did the door ever do to this person?” Brandon asked as we walked to the door. He held me close to his chest as I was about to open the door.

I opened the door only to get a hello from a fist that almost made contact with my face. I gripped her wrist and squeezed it. Without looking at her I shouted, “What the heck is your problem!?”

“You have something I want!” A man shouted from beside her. The lady stomped her feet just like a little girl. Brandon looked at them, speechless. Aw shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
o_o.' Uh-oh, wonder who they are ;)
Comment, Subscribe, & keep reading reading reading.
I lost a subscriber ! :'( What did i do wrong!?

Thank you for the people who are still reading <3 ilove all of you guys!