Status: Completed.

Brittle and Broken

1.

I’ve been sitting in this room for hours now, where are you? I wouldn’t have been so patient if I didn’t love you. Did you know that? This room is cold and dark. I have nothing to keep me busy, or to keep my mind off of you. I’ll still wait though, you know I will.

Why do you do this to me? I give you everything: my love and my life. I gave up so much to be with you and this is how you repay me. I never complain, I always do what you say. I never give you any trouble. Why can’t you see that I’m the perfect woman for you? I don’t ever nag you. I would never ask you to do something you didn’t want to do. I put my own selfish needs to the side for you. I do it all because I love you. Do you love me? I thought you did. That is why I did all of this for you. I’ve spent years in this same room, making you as happy as I possibly could.

I have seemed to run low, though. My love for you is gradually running out. You have broken me down and made me weak. I used to be strong-willed and hard to love. Now I am who you wanted me to be. I comply to you and make myself to be someone you can’t resist. So why do you treat me this way? I used to be bronzed and my eyes used to glow; now my skin has grown to be pale, and my eyes are a dusty gray. My hair used to flow freely down my back and fall softly in front of my eyes; now it is tightly pulled back and hidden beneath the scarf you gave me, where no one can see it. My beauty used to be my pride, and now it is my shame.

Today, I'm unraveling that dingy scarf and putting on that dress I made you believe I threw away. You've made me something I'm not, and I refuse to live like this anymore. I'm changing the way I am and am going to be the woman I'm supposed to be.

You have made my heart brittle, but at the same time strong, with unrequited love, and now I will sit in this dark and cold room for the last time.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's okay.
Kind of a drabble, kind of not.
Comment if you want.