Heaven Help You

In Memoria

His hands were trembling. His whole body shook with fear and horror. What had he done?! He was breathing heavily as he watched the congealing blood on his hands begin to clot and dry. He had done this. He had caused this. He knew that he had. He could remember himself doing it. He could remember the lose of control. He could remember the screams and the blood. The pleading and the pain.

Tears rolled down his blood stained face as he pulled her lifeless corpse into his arms. He held her close and careful. Blood stained her clothes from where he had caused it. Bruises crept up her bare shoulder. He cradled her head to his own shoulder and began to rock slowly back and forth.

"I'm so sorry," he whispered hoping that her spirit could hear him. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to. I didn't want to hurt you. I swear. It was an accident. I only-I only..." He couldn't find the words to finish the statement. He buried his face in her long curls and just cried. He couldn't stop himself from doing it. She had been precious. Perfect even and he had killed her. He was unworthy to live.

"Step away from the girl!" He looked up dazed a the police officers that stood in the doorway pointing guns at him. They would be his salvation.

"Kill me," he begged softly. "Please..."

"Let the girl go and step away!" The officer ordered again in reply.

He slowly lifted up one trembling hand and showed the officers it's blood coated state. "Please...please...shoot me...make it go away..." He closed his eyes waiting for the officer to end his life. No one would blame the man. After all, it was his fault. It always was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, first chapter of a new story! I know, another insane asylum story on this site! But I'm hoping that you'll find this one is different.