Heaven Help You

A Black Sky

Jonathon was staring at the doctor through the curtain of dark hair that fell over his forehead. He was getting more and more anxious. He had another session with the doctor in a few hours and he still wasn't sure how he would provoke the doctor standing across the room talking to one of the nurses. He needed to figure it out soon though. It was that or he do it himself and he still didn't know how to do that.

Well...unless he tried that.

Because he was considered catatonic, no one had bothered to think that he might be suicidal. He could use that to his advantage now.

His head still bowed, his eyes flicked down to the ground and he began to shuffle towards the door. No one turned his way. They weren't really surprised that he was moving. He did sometimes though he never spoke, never responded to any kind of stimulus. They just knew that he moved at times. They had grown accustomed to it honestly. And that worked well for him. It meant that no one would stop him.

Though why they would stop him in the first place was beyond him.

The door to his little cell of a room was open allowing him to simply slip inside and close the door behind him with a bare twitch of his hand. He couldn't lock it though. He would have lied to. Instead, he moved in a way that no one had seen him move in months. He slipped over to little table that sat by his bed and slid it in front of the door. It wouldn't do much in the way of stopping people, but it was something. He moved over to the bed and pulled the sheets off quickly tearing them into strips and tying them off on the bars on the top of the bed.

Looking back at the door, a tear slipped down his cheek. Paper and soft tip pen sat on the table and he wrote a few words for them to find and read when it was all said and done with. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes as he moved back to the bed, using all his strength pull it up so that the noose hung just above him waiting eager for his neck. He looked back at the door once and closed his eyes tight for a moment.

He didn't say a single word as he pulled the chair over to him so he could stand on it and pull the noose over his head. They would all thank him for doing this even if they didn't realize it yet.

Jonathon smiled as he kicked the chair away and his body began to jerk.