Status: Active.

Lovers Lost In Space, Just Searching For Our Saving Grace

One.

“Just shut up!” His scream echoed sickeningly off the walls around us, and I felt my heart breaking. No, not breaking, that was too simple a word for this; too easy to fix. Fracturing and crumbling to pieces seemed more correct.

“Tristan, please..” My voice sounded so weak and pitiful compared to his. I don’t think he noticed though, because his angry facial expression never changed, except maybe to grow even angrier.

“Don’t even try that. I told you. I fucking told you what would happen if you did it again. And you did. That’s it, I’m fucking done!” He stormed away, out of my room, and towards the front door.

I couldn’t find the strength in my trembling body to follow and try to stop him from leaving. Tears filled my eyes but didn't spill over, while my small frame shook uncontrollably. Shock prevented me from making a move, although I longed deperately to collapse to the floor.

I heard the engine of his car start up, the car I'd ridden in the front seat of over a countless number of days. The place that meant so much to the both of us. Where we'd shared secrets upon secrets. Where I'd first kissed my best friend. Where he asked me on out first date. The memories piled on me mercilessly.

I slumped to the floor, shaking as sobs wracked my body. My mind almost couldn't comprehend what had just happened. Almost.

I heard light footsteps and a worried voice close to me. In my current state, I couldn't recognize the voice. Skinny arms wrapped tightly around me, and I recognized the flash of white blond hair. Autumn.

I buried my face in her neck, sobbing. Gentle hands ran themselves through my hair comfortingly. She whispered reassuring words that I couldn't quite make out in my ear. My eyelids drooped lower, sleep trying to overtake me, until I heard her ask the one fatal question, concern shining in her eyes.

"What happened honey?"

I managed to stutter out one word - or specifically, a name - before collapsing into tears again. "T-t-trist-tan."
♠ ♠ ♠
Woo! I'm quite proud of this. Sorry it's so short.
For those of you who haven't checked, Lost To Me is on hiatus. I'll be updating this though, hopefully pretty often. I've got a good feeling about this one.
Bonus: Who can tell me what song the story title's from? (Not you Jessi!)