Status: Finished. I hope everyone enjoyed. Stay tuned for the Prequel to this story. ;D

Life Given.

The Master and Apprentice.

I sped there from Anaheim and walked inside with Jimmy shouting “I told you so” from behind me. I would have punched him if he wasn’t totally unreceptive to physical pain.

“You lost your band and we lost our drummer. So you understand where we stand on our apprehension to replace him. He was family, and we’ve never met you before in our lives.” Syn said, they were all standing making me feel really short. “But, none the less we can’t deny that you are a very talented musician and contrary to popular belief, you could do him some justice. So, you want be apart of Avenged Sevenfold, kid?”

“Who told you so? That’s right, Jimmy. I. Told. You. So.” Not only did I have a ghost celebrating in my ear, on the inside I was throwing a damn party.

“That… that would be amazing.” Way to sound like a fag though, who stutters anymore? I smiled like a damn jack-o-lantern. The guys nodded in an apprehensive approval, and Jimmy danced.

“We go on tour in two weeks, kid. Here’s the music. Learn it.” I was handed a binder full of sheet music and rhythms and about everything under the sun. If I wasn’t mistaken there was a voodoo doll and forty dollars in snickers as well. But maybe I was just going crazy. Again the nerves set in as I realized that I had to know all these songs upside down and inside out in two weeks.

“You act like you didn’t play in marching band. You got this. Stop freaking out before I possess you.” He was right, damn ghosts.

“Thanks…” I wasn’t really sure if I should be thanking them or signing my own death certificate. I was going to be practicing all day and all night for the next couple of weeks.

“Can you feel the arthritis?” Oh, the desire to punch a ghost: forcibly resisted.

“No, thank you kid.” I had a feeling I was going to be called ‘kid’ for a very long time.

-

A week of nothing but drumming and Jimmy explaining how to play it correctly. The dull ache in my wrists died down after the first day and life was alright. My drum-kit wasn’t equipped with what was needed so I had to make some of it up.

I was actually called back to the studio to get set up with a different set of drums at one point, so they were to my specs. Seeing as how I was left handed and played as such, they were also backwards from the set I played at the audition. I didn’t mind.

Another week passed and I about had everything and their mother memorized. I had written all over the music with different colored crayons, it seriously looked like a seven year old god a hold of it and went to town. But every little mark helped me memorize it. I knew all the songs, even the new ones. But I really doubted I would be getting rid of the binder any time soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do I say?
I update because it's two in the morning where I live and I felt like I should because this is a really short chapter.
I finished the entire Life Given story a couple hours or so ago. I'll most likely put up a chapter a day. (For my time zone, no idea how Japan time translates anywhere else.)

That doesn't mean comments and any kind of critique or criticism isn't entirely too welcome.
Because I would love to hear how you guys want it to roll or think I should change it.