Foreign Feelings

; the Second

Pierre's P.O.V.
I met her clear grey eyes, shining darkly in the faint light, and pulled my pant leg up, revealing my shoes fully. “Nothing wrong with a little originality,” I mocked playfully.

Eva laughed fully, throwing her head back so that he dark hair shivered behind her. I noticed she took a step towards me.

“So Pierre,” she started, looking away from my eyes to the raging party inside. “What brings you to Australia?”

I took a step closer to her, so now we were only about a foot apart. “A mixture of things, really,” I said truthfully. Eva raised an eyebrow at me. “One, I've always wanted to visit Australia. Two, I'm still in school, well, college really, and this exchange is part of that. And thirdly, to learn the English language.”

Surprising me, she snorted. “Dude, I swear you speak English better then me.”

I snorted at her snort. “I wouldn't really say that; I've only been learning the language for 3 and a half years.

“You sound seriously good to me, though.” She stopped for a moment, and her eyes wondered off to the left as she thought. “You can speak French, right? Fluently?”

I gave her a long look and fought the urge to laugh. “Non, no I can't. I've only lived in Paris since I was born, grown up around French-speaking people, and no, not in my short 19 years of living have I actually taken the time to learn the language.” I ended on a sarcastic smirk.

Eva gave me an equally sarcastic look, her eyes narrowing into dark slits. “So, in other words, yes, you are fluent in French.”

“Oui oui.” She smiled at me, that twist of the lips lighting up her whole face, and I found myself smiling in return. “So, Eva Harper, would you care to dance?”

Image

I leant heavily against the polished wooden bar, trying to regain my breath from all the dancing while Eva laughed light-heartedly beside me. Her laugh was sweeter then the music we'd been listening to.

I turned to the bartender, a girl around the age of 25, with blonde hair and big brown eyes. “Could I get a coke?”

She smiled at me and pulled a glass from under the bench. “Sure thing.” She looked at Eva. “And what about you, Eva?”

Eva turned to face her and a mischievous smile crept onto her face. “Oh, you know, the usual. Thank you Mandy”

“'The usual,'” I questioned as soon as Mandy had turned her back. My eyebrows rose as Eva shrugged her shoulders and pouted her abnormally full, pink lips. The drinks were set in front of us, and I grabbed hers before she had a chance to. I took a sniff.

“This has alcohol in it,” I stated, and even though it wasn't a question, Eva said, “Yes. Now give it back.” She reached for it, but I held it out of her reach.

“How old are you?” I questioned.

“I'm 19.”

“You're lying.”

“What?! No, I'm not!”

“Yes you are.”

“And so what if I am? What are you gonna do about it?”

“I'm not going to let you drink this.”

“Why not?” She narrowed her eyes at me again, but this time with no aura of humour. “What gives you the right?”

“Well, I'm here, and legally an adult, therefore, I'm responsible for you. Plus, I don't want to get on your dad's bad side before I've even officially moved in.”

“Things are different here in Australia.”

I paused, and then, hesitantly, “You're lying again.”

“No.”

I studied her, saw the way she tried to meet my eyes, yet the way they were flicking off to her right. And I made up my mind. “You're gonna have to do better then that, Eva.”

She smiled a fake smile at me and took a step closer, standing on her tiptoes to get closer to my height. Her breath washed over my face as she spoke, and I shivered involuntarily. “I'll tell you what . . .” She paused and tilted her head to the side so her dark hair fell across half of her face, shielding it from the light. She was so close, I could see the orange specks in her eyes, count the faint freckles across her nose, and feel the heat radiating from her body.

My lip trembled at her proximity. I stared into her eyes as she looked into mine. Then she smiled wide, showing all of her teeth, before blowing a lungful of air into my face. She grabbed the glass from my unsuspecting hand and was gone before I realised what had happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, second chapter.
Lemme know what you think of this. I'll love you forever and ever if you do (: