Foreign Feelings

; the Eighth

Pierre's P.O.V.
Monday morning already. The nerves swam in my stomach as I slipped the shirt on over my singlet and made my way downstairs. I was about to walk into the kitchen to find something to eat when Abe's voice stopped me.

“Pierre, would you do something for me?”

I looked into the lounge room where he was straightening his tie.

“Of course.”

“Would you go wake up Evarah for me? That girl sleeps like a log and takes forever to wake up.”

“Ah. Are you sure?”

“Of course I'm sure. Now run along. I don't want her being late to her first class.”

I ran my hand back through my hair and retraced my steps up the stairs, stopping next to the first door on the left. I knocked hesitantly with my knuckles, and opened the door a crack when there was no answer.

“Eva?” I whispered. Slowly I opened the door more, just wide enough so that I could stick my head through. Her room was dark and set up in much the same style as mine; Bed in the middle, tallboy on one side, small table on the other. A door leading to her bathroom on the right, and a large window positioned over the head of her bed.

Eva stirred under the mass of purple, pig-printed comforter, before groaning and continuing to snore softly. I laughed as quietly as I could and strode over to the window, reaching over the bed to pull open the curtains.

And yet she still did not wake up. I rolled my eyes and bent down to her level, whispering, “Evarah Lee Harper. Wake up for school. You don't want to make me late for my first day, do you?”

“No,” she mumbled, turning her face towards me. Bed hair (not like I hadn't seen that before), grey eyes fluttering to look up at me, sleep in the corners. “Pear, why are you in here?” Voice thick with sleep.

“To get you up!” I poked her through all the blankets and she squirmed away from me, a giggle escaping her lips. That was a sound I decided I wanted to hear more of.

“Go away.” Her eyes were open all the way and she lifted herself up on her elbows, staring at me. “I'm not getting up with you standing here.”

“Why? What are you wearing?”

She chucked a pillow at me.

“Okay, okay. I'm going.” I smirked at her as I left, shutting the door behind me.

Image

Half an hour later Eva was finally up, her hair pulled into a loose, swinging ponytail, and her uniform decorating her body.

She grabbed a Granola bar from the cupboard before sticking it on her mouth and pulling her shoes on. Then she grabbed her bag, swung it over her back, and told me to get my ass outside and in the car.

“I'm driving,” she told me as she shut the front door behind herself, locking it.

“Not if I can help it.”

It took about 5 seconds for it to register in our minds that we would be racing to the car, parked about 15 metres away. We took of at the same time, pushing past each other to gain the lead.

Despite my attempts to past her, Eva was winning, always about half a step in front of me. I managed to grab a hold of her wrist, pulling her back into me where I dug my fingers softly into her sides, making her writhe and laugh in my arms.

“Not . . . f- fair,” she managed to gasp around the giggles that were filling her throat.

I smacked my palm to the bonnet of the car and released Eva, who pushed on my chest and glared. “Dude! I was so going to win!”

“But you didn't,” I gloated, walking to the drivers side.

“You cheated!” She exclaimed before grabbing my wrist and yanking me behind her while she quickly slipped into the driver's seat, pulling the door shut and locking it. She stuck her tongue out at me.

“I don't want to die!”

“And what makes you think you would?”

“Abe said you can't drive.”

“No, Abe said I didn't have my license. He didn't say anything about my not being able to drive, though.”

I rolled my eyes and slid into the passenger seat. “So, Eva, what are we going to do today?”

“Well, you're going to be visiting some of the Year 8 student's French classes. Most the time though you're going to be coming to my classes with me. I'm in Year 10.”

“Did you know I'm already finished High School?”

Eva looked over at me. “Yeah, I figured. You're 19, right?”

“Right.”

“How does it feel to be going back to school?”

“I'm a bit nervous and-” I gripped the dashboard tightly as Eva swerved around a bike. “Holy shit!” I yelled.

Eva barely glanced at me. “You aren't scared of me, are you?”

“Not of you. But of my life? Hell yes!” Eva spun the wheel again, and if it weren't for my seatbelt, I would have smacked my head on the window. “Slow down, will ya?!”

That was when she slammed on the break, and I barely caught myself in time to keep from banging against the dashboard.

Eva smirked at me before patting my shoulder. “Don't worry. You'll get used to it.”

“No, I don't want to. That's why I'm driving us everywhere until I teach you to drive.” I undid both of our seatbelts and walked around the car, opening Eva's door and pulling her out.

“But- It's my car!”

“That excuse didn't work on your father, and it won't work on me.”

“But we're almost there anyway!”

“No.” I pushed her over to the passenger side before sitting her down and doing up her seatbelt for her, all the while she sat there with her arms crossed and slouched it her seat, making it as difficult as possible for me.

I started up the car and drove down Hogbin Drive and towards the school Eva had showed me yesterday. I chose a park and got out of the car, walking around to get Eva out too, because she was refusing to move.

I laughed as she went limp in my arms, the only thing holding her up being my hands under her arms. “Merde sainte, Eva. You are so immature!”

“I'm not immature. I'm unique!”

“Immature,” I repeated, setting her on her feet and letting her go. “Now come on, let's go to school!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh Pear!

I love this story. Do you too?
Let me know, and thanks to those of you who have.
I'm happy to have your support!