Foreign Feelings

; the Ninth

Evarah's P.O.V.
Eyes.

Green, blue, brown, grey. Slanted, straight, big, small, dark, light. Mascara and eye-liner and eye-shadow.

Lots of eyes.

All looking at Pierre.

I huffed as I slid into my seat in the cafeteria-area, scooting over to make room for Pierre. He slid in beside me, a giant smirk plastered over his mouth.

He was watching me fume. Not doubt my face was red with frustration.

“What's wrong Eva? You look like you want to stab someone.”

Glancing up at Pierre, I once again saw why every girl was staring. Dark hair, dark, midnight eyes, perfect bone-structure; He was the hottest thing here. Not to mention French. I huffed again and looked back at the steam floating up off of my pie.

“You know why.” I stabbed my spoon into my pie and used it to pick it up. I took a bite, not caring that I burnt my tongue.

“What? Are you jealous?”

I just rolled my eyes. “Jealous of what, exactly? You? Them? No, I just don't like the way they look at you.”

“How do they look at me?” His voice had gone all low and deep. God, I hate it when he does that.

“God, I don't know! Like you're the best thing in their world? One look and their already swooning!” My voice had risen, and I lowered it again. “They've all got the hots for you-”

“What's wrong with that?” His smirk was back.

“-And they don't even know you! For all they know, you could be the biggest fucking jerk in the world. You could be a sexist, hit girls . . .” I gathered myself again, and matched his smirk with one of my own. “They think they know you, only because they know your bloody name. They don't know how perfectly-”

“Awesome? Funny? Amazing?”

“-Average you are.”

“Average? I'm average?”

I smiled secretly. And just like that, I was okay again; Calm.

“Listen, Eva.” Pierre put his hand over mine. “You don't have to worry about them, okay? I'm not interested.”

I scoffed. “Pear, I wasn't worried about them swooning. I was just pissed that they would obsess so easily over someone they don't even know.” I pulled my hand away from his and picked up my pie. Through a mouthful; “Anyway, I s'pose it's not that big a deal. If they want to obsess like little . . . lame people, then that's their problem.”

Pierre laughed and shook his head. “It was never anybody's but their problem in the first place, Eva. You have to learn to chill a bit.”

“Chill. Hmm. Yeah, that's something I can do.” I smiled up at Pierre, and our eyes met. He was smiling back at me playfully, but his dark gaze was so intense I couldn't look away.

“Ah.”

“Eva . . .” he began, voice husky. “I-”

Here you are!” Yelled a voice. I looked away from Pierre and over to the other side of the table, where 3 people had just slid in. “We were looking everywhere for you.”

I felt my face turn red. I glanced at Pierre. He was smiling politely and didn't seem at all embarrassed at being caught with me.

Okay, so maybe nothing had happened . . .

I shook myself and finally seemed to see the people across from me. “Sarah, this is where always am.”

Sarah, small and petite with soft brown hair, furrowed her brow. “Well, yeah, but you weren't here when I walked past before. I thought maybe you were with,” she glanced at Pierre, “him, somewhere.”

“So, naturally, you went to find me?”

Sarah looked down. “Yeah.”

“Well, you were right. I was with Pierre. In the damn lunch line.”

Sarah's ears turned red, and she looked back up at me. “Hmm. I guess I just have too big an imagination, eh?”

“Eh,” I agreed. “So, Sarah, this is Pierre. Pierre, these are my friends; Sarah, Bonnie, and Josh.”

Bonnie was blonde with dark eyes and super-smooth skin. Josh, her boyfriend, who had an arm around her waist as they sat, was good-natured and funny, if not quiet. He had brown hair and green eyes.

“Bonjour,” Pierre said, kissing the top of Sarah's hand; turning on his charm. He turned to Bonnie and Josh. “And bonjour to you, as well.” He addressed them all just as I was taking a mouthful of my chocolate milk; “Any friend of Eva's is a friend of mine.”

I started to laugh. And that was when the milk came out of my nose.

Image

“Oh my god, that was so embarrassing!” I whisper-screamed as I wiped milk off the front of my shirt with a wet paper towel.

When nobody said anything comforting, I looked up. Both Sarah and Bonnie had their hands over their mouths, obviously trying not to laugh at me.

“Oh shut up!” I yelled, chucking the wet piece of paper at them. “Aren't you two great friends?”

“You know we're not laughing at you, right?” Sarah asked, finally managing to speak.

“Yeah. We're laughing with you,” Bonnie added. They looked at each other and I watched as their faces turned red as they tried to hold in their laughter.

And then Sarah snorted loudly, which made Bonnie crack up. I rolled my eyes at them, and struggled to contain my own smile. “Guys! I'm soaked with milk here! Will you help me already?”

“Right, sure.” Bonnie grabbed a handful of paper towel and held them under the tap before helping rub my top.

We were in the girl's bathroom. Girls kept coming in to use the toilets, and when they did they would glance at me and smirk. Funny, isn't it?

“Do you know how bad milk smells when it goes off?” Sarah asked, also rubbing my top.

“Sarah, you are not helping.”

“It's okay, Eva. We'll get this out.”

“Sure,” Bonnie added. “You'll just have this big wet mark down the front of your top.” She picked a ripped piece of paper off my top.

“But that's okay. People will think you've spilt water down your front.”

“Hmm.” Bonnie nodded seriously. “They won't have any idea it was milk.”

“Yeah. You see,” Sarah said, smiling, trying to cheer me up. “That way, the joke's on them.”

I rolled my eyes. Sarah and Bonnie weren't the sharpest tools in the shed, but they were good people.

I love my friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
It has been so long since my last update. I'm so sorry about that.
But, finally, here is a chapter.

Enjoy! xxx
And thank you so much for all your amazing support!