Status: Like fire and rain you can drive me insane but I can't stay mad at you for anything..

You, Me, We're Face to Face but We Don't See Eye to Eye..

We're Face to Face but We Don't See Eye to Eye..

I lied on my bed staring up at the ceiling waiting for him to call as he said he would around this time. I had been waiting for almost 2 hours, why hadn't he called me? He probably just go busy or something. So I gave up on waiting for a call that I assumed probably wouldn't come through and went downstairs.

"Hey dad."

"Hi."

"Are you still doing all that paperwork?"

"Honey, I have to get it done. It's part of my job."

"Whatever." I sighed and went into the living room and sat down on the couch. Mine as well watch t.v., it's not like there's anything else to do. So I turned it on and flipped through the channels but nothing interesting seemed to be on and I turned it back off and not a minute afterwards, my cellphone rang.

I picked it up and looked at the caller I.D. Well it wasn't Alex but I answered it anyway.

"Hello?"

"Hey! I'm coming over."

"Um..okay?"

"Great! I'll see you in 5!"

"Bye." I stood up and shoved my phone in my back pocket then went back into the kitchen, where my dad was.

"Hey dad, um, Baylee's coming over okay?"

"That's fine. Just make sure you two are quiet okay?"

"No problem, we'll probably just go somewhere else when she gets here."

"Okay." I went back through the living room and out the front door. I stood on the porch for about another minute before I saw Baylee walking up with her phone in her hands doing what she did best. Texting.

"Hya!" She finally moved her gaze from her phone to me as she walked up my driveway.

"Hey."

"Ready?"

"For what?"

"I don't know. Let's go!"

"K." I leaped down from my porch and landed by her side.

"So!" She shoved her phone in her back pocket and looked at me. "What's up with you and Alex?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean how are you guys doing?"

"Oh, we're pretty good. I talked to him till 4 in the morning last night."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. I mean, I got so tired, I felt like I was gonna fall asleep talking to him, but I didn't wanna hang up."

"I know the feeling!"

"Yeah."

"So have you talked to him yet today?"

"No, not yet. He said he'd call me around 12 and 1 and it's now.." I looked at my phone. "3."

"Wow. He really be sleeping in."

"Yeah."

"Yeah I talked to him yesterday on Myyearbook. All he could talk about was you."

"Aw..really?"

"Yep. I couldn't even try to change the subject with him. It was impossible."

I laughed. "So what did he say?"

"He talked a lot about you. Like how much he loved your smile and your laugh and the way you just lose yourself in a conversation."

"Ha! That's cute."

"Yeah, for you maybe. I'm still single!"

"Sorry!"

"It's fine!"

"Okay so is that all he said?"

"Yep, pretty much."

"He's so sweet!"

"Yeah, I guess."

"I have to get you a boyfriend."

"Yeah, well.."

We'd been walking for at least 2 hours now and my feet were starting hurt.

"Hey you wanna head back? I could ask my dad if you could spend the night."

"Sounds great but I can't I have to babysit for the kids tonight, my parents are going out."

"Oh okay. Well I'm gonna head home, see you later!"

"Later." I turned and started walking back.

When I got home I was exhausted from all that walking so I just threw myself on the couch and closed my eyes and tried to drift off into sleep.

Obviously I had been sleeping for 5 hours straight, because it is now 8:00 p.m. I stood up off the couch and went into the kitchen to find my dad heating himself up some food in the microwave.

"Frozen dinner again?"

"I'm still a little busy so that's all I can fit in."

"K. But I'm not really that hungry so I'm just gonna go upstairs."

"Thats fine."

I drug myself up the stairs and into my bedroom. Then I lied down on my bed and decided I'd call Alex. So I grabbed up my phone and dialed his number. I let it ring at least three times when I realized he wasn't going to answer.

So I sighed and threw my phone beside me on the bed. I was so bored. But I didn't really feel like doing anything anyway, so I just closed my eyes and tried to drift off to sleep again which didn't work. Seconds later my phone vibrated. I grabbed it up and looked to see who had just sent me a message.

Baylee. She said:

"jeenii have you talked to alex yet ?"

Me-"no, I just tried to call him and he didn't answer."

I sent the message then curled up and closed my eyes again when not 5 seconds later my phone vibrated again.

Her-"ugh. i hate it when people don't answer phones."

Me-"ya, that's life."


This conversation continued for about a half in hour until she gave up on texting me back. And not caring I threw my phone behind me on the bed.

I was so tired, yet couldn't sleep at all. So I leaned down into the floor and grabbed my laptop from under my bed. I opened it up and signed in then went to Myyearbook.com. I loved that site. I did all my chatting and stuff there. So after I logged in, I check to see who all was online. Not many people. So I just signed back out and put my laptop next to my bed.

Not that much longer later my ringtone started playing and I grabbed up my phone to see that it was Baylee. I swear if she didn't talk to me 50 times a day I don't think she would live.

"Hello?"

"Hey come over."

"What?"

"Come over here and spend the night with me. My parents said they;re going to a movie so they won't be back till later tonight and I don't wanna stay here with a bunch of short people for hours!"

"So you want me to go over there keep you company?"

"Yes!"

I sighed.

"Please?"

"Fine, I'll come!" I hung up on her and shoved my phone into my back pocket then I grabbed up my jacket and went downstairs and into the kitchen.

"Hey dad, I'm gonna go over to Baylee's house for the night okay ?"

"That's fine, have fun sweety."

"Thanks, bye!" I went through the living room and out the front door. Baylee's house wasn't too far a walk from here anyway.

Hours after I'd gotten there, Baylee's parents finally got home and we went to bed. I waas so tired after watching all FOUR of those kids. Wow, her mom needed a hobby!

Anyway, the next day finally arrived and when it did, something really didn't want me to get myself outta the bed.

"Rise and shine!" Bayee popped up at the side of the bed.

"Morning." I grinned.

"Have fun last night?"

"Hardly."

"Aww! Who woke up on the wrong side of the bed?"

"Obviously me. I'm gonna go home."

"What? No! Stay here for a few more hours!"

"I don't think so. I'm too tired to do anything anyway."

"I don't care, you're staying!"

I sighed. "Whatever."

"That's what I thought."

I sat up and grabbed my phone off of her nightstand and looked to check if I'd had any missed calls. None. 0. So I dialed his number and waited.

Ring.
Ring.
Ring.
Ring.
Voicemail.

"Hey, Alex it's me. Call me back when you get this. Bye!"

I threw my phone beside me and looked down at Baylee who sat criss-cross-applesauce on the floor.

"Why didn't he answer?"

"I don't know. Ya think if I knew I'd tell you?"

"Maybe.."

Okay so anyway, skipping to the point. Days passed and I'd still heard nothing from Alex. Abosulutely nothing. And at first it didn't really bother me but now..It's been almost a week and nothing. I was mad.

So I decided to take Baylee and go over to his house, so we got in my car and headed up the road and into town, which was where he lived.

And when we arrived, I hesitated, but pulled up in front of his house. Then I hopped out, slamming the door behind me. "Baylee, you coming?"

"Hey, whatever it is, Imma let you two work it out..WITHOUT me!"

"Whatever." I went up and knocked on his door, nearly pounding it in. And after about 5 minutes of knocking, noone answered, so I just went back down to my car and got back in.

"Nothing?"

"Or noone."

"Jeenii! You have to get a hold of him somehow, why isn't he answering your calls or your messages? No dude treats his girlfriend like that!"

"Baylee.."

"Don't 'Baylee' me! You know I'm right!"

"And maybe you are. There's just no way I can get to him right now."

"Fine."

I sighed.

Still waitng and anticipating, it'd been over 3 weeks now. and NOTHING. So now..He's gonna really need something to protect his face when I see him.

I went downstairs and out the front door, getting into my car and heading off to his house. WITHOUT Baylee this time. And when I got there I marched up to his front door and started pounding again..and again and again. And nothing. But I wasn't just gonna leave, so I sat down on his porch steps and waited. I waited for hours.

Now, darkness had fell. And I was still sitting on his porch and not too long after I woke up I saw a car pull into the drive. And I was surprised to see Alex climbing out of the drivers side, while some other girl I'd never seen before climbed out of the passenger's side.

I now stood up. "Alex?"

He froze and looked at me with wide eyes. Then I'd looked down and saw he was holding the other girl's hand.

"What-but? No!"

"Jeenii, please!"

"No! What? So this is why you've been ignoring me!? You jerk!" I ran past him and got into my car.

"Jeenii PLEASE!" He came over to the driver's side of the car, which was where I was seated and knocked on the window until I opened it.

"No! You know what!? Baylee was right! She said that any real guy wouldn't treat his girlfriend like this and you..UGH!"

"Jeenii, you know I never wanted to hurt you!"

"It's too late for that! Maybe you should have thought of me before you said yes to her!"

"I don't even love her! We just met at this store and we clicked! But I don't love her like I love you! You have to believe me!"

"Alex, I wish I could, but I can't because I'm not stupid! And I would be for forgiving you!"

"Please, don't..Don't do this." I started the rngine and rolled down my window. "Jeenii, please. Don't go."

I looked up at him one last time, then quickly drove off leaving him stand there. Now, my eyes were flooded and I could barely see the road. How could he do this to me? How?

1 year. I gave him 1 year..To do this? After everything we'd been through, THIS was what it led up to. Me speeding home, barely seeing the road, because I was blinded my tears all because of HIM. Because he thought one girl wasn't enough for him. Because he couldn't keep down a relationship without playing games.

Because he was a player.

When I got home, I slammed my door shut and went unlocked the front door rushing in and upstairs to my room, until my dad saw me.

"Jeenii?"

"Yeah." I tried not to face him because he'd see that I was crying and ask why.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, why?"

"I just heard the front door slam and you don't just slam doors for no reason."

"Dad, I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Yes, I'm going to bed." I continued up the stairs to my room I shut and locked the door then went over and grabbed my cellphone from the bed.

I dialed her number as fast as I could then waited for her to answer. "Hello?"

"Hey."

"What's up?"

"I need you to get over here now."

"Why?"

"I have to talk to you."

"Okay, I'll be over in 5."

"K." I hung up and threw my phone to the floor in anger.

I HATED him! How could he do this to me!? Did it ever occur to him that maybe when you hurt someone you know you're gonna lose them!? How did that not hit him!? UGH!

After about 5 minutes of taking my anger out on my stuff, I heard knocking on my door. So I dried my tears in case it was my dad. I opened it up to see Baylee standing there.

"Hey. what's wrong?"

"Get in here." I grabbed her arm and drug her in, then shut and locked the door again.

"Jeenii?"

"I broke up with Alex."

"WHAT!?"

"Yeah and I really need you." I wrapped my arms around her and started crying again.

"Why did you brake up with him!?"

"I caught him coming up his driveway with another girl."

"Well, how do you know-"

"They were holding hands."

"Oh. I'm so sorry! I'll kill that jerk! But for now you just really need to forget about him."

"No, Baylee you don't understand. We were together for a year. Our relationship was great. And now.."

"I'm really sorry. But talk to him."

"What?" I unwrapped my arms and let go to face her.

"Yeah. I mean you really need to work it out."

"Ican't just work it out! I can't be with someone like that!"

"I mean really work it out. You don't have to forgive him Jeenii, you'll never have to. But at least just talk to him."

"Really?"

"Yes. I'm postitive."

"Fine." I sighed and grabbed up my phone from the floor and dialed his number.

It rang twice. "Hello?"

"Alex.."

"Jeenii?"

"Yeah, it's me. I really have to talk to you..Face to face."

"Okay." I heard the line go dead and not 10 minutes later my door was being knocked on again.

So I hesittated but went over and opened it. "Jeenii, I'm so sorry."

"Sure." I let him come in and I shut the door once again.

"I swear I really never wanted to hurt you."

"Hey, why don't we go outside and talk? I need some fresh air."

"Yeah."

"I'm just gonna stay up here and let you guys talk." Baylee added.

"Let's go." So we made our way back downstairs and outside to his car. I leaned against the front of it with my arms crossed. "Why?"

"I don't know. I was stupid."

"Still are."

"Yeah, I know."

"Me too. Alex I gave you a year. And this is what you give me back."

"Listen, Jeenii. I wouldn't blame you if you ended it right now. I really wouldn't."

"Yeah me either."

"But before you do, let me speak. I love you. I don't love her, I seriously don't. At that time, I thought I needed a break but now it's over."

"No, Alex. If you loved me, you wouldn't have wanted a break."

"But I do. And that feeling's never gonna go away, so if you end it..That's that. I can't change your mind."

I nodded in agreement. "Alex..I'm sorry. But I can't do this. I can't be with someone like you. You're a player."

"I'm not a player. I may have cheated ONCE. But that was once. not two or three times. One time. and I didn't even like it. Because I knew it would hurt you. I brought her to my house to end it."

"What?"

"Yes. I didn't really wanna hurt her but I didn't wanna keep it going. Besides it was 3 weeks, I missed you."

"Alex. I know. You love me. You're sorry and you want a second chance."

"Yeah but..I'm not gonna get one am I?"

I sighed and looked up at him. "Alex, look at us. We're standing here, face to face but we don't see eye to eye."

"I'm sorry."

"Bye Alex." I walked up to my front door and watched him get in his car and drive away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, didn't take long but it's a heck of a story(:

.paper.airplanes.