Beep

Isabelle, Part Two

Pain rushed through me as he pushed me hard against the wall, I cringed and staggered forward trying to escape. He grabbed my neck and held me there, I tried to struggle but he kicked me hard in the stomach so I ended up hanging like a rag doll, whimpering.

“You will pay for what you did!” He yelled,
He through a punch at my face, blood oozed from my forehead and my nose. He punched again, the full force hitting my eye and immediately bruising it. I stood lifeless while he held me up from my neck, struggling for air and slowly lousing conciseness.

My eyes were open long enough to see sudden tears fall down his cheeks, he released his grip slightly on my neck. I took the opportunity, mustered all the strength I had and kicked him hard in the balls. He dropped me completely and knuckled over, I sprinted out of the room, locking the door on the way out to buy me some time. I had a quick thought for my mother, but it was brushed away when I heard him pumping his fist against the wood of the door. I bolted down the stairs and out the front door, tears now falling freely from my cheeks as I ran and ran and ran.

I finally rested on a bank, the hard gravel pierced my backside but I didn’t care. I was much to weak to care. I needed someone, to hold me and tell me everything was all right. I shivered and cried, while I pulled my cell phone out of my pocket. It had a message,

Message From Gerard-
Hey Sugar, How you doing?

I couldn’t find the strength to text, so I hit the call button and bought the phone up to my ear, feeling the cold device sting the skin. It rung once, twice, three times. “Please pick up, I need you” I whispered in to the phone…

“Hello?” I heard his voice and trembled with relief.

“It’s Izzy, Gee, Please help me… Please…”

“Shit, What’s wrong? Where are you?”

“I’ll explain when you get here” Thinking about what happened made me let out a loud sob, “I’m at some random bank, near a bridge… Please hurry..”

“It’s okay sugar, it’ll be all right, I’m on my way” Hearing those words calmed me a little and I hung up and collapsed onto my side. I ran my fingers over my wounds and felt sticky blood cling to my finger. I closed my eyes and waited for Gerard to help me.

A little over 20 minutes later and I heard a car pull up, next to me. The gravel crunched as feet made their way over to me.

“Izzy! What the FUCK happened?” I couldn’t open my eyes, though I managed a small whimper. I felt Gerard’s warm arms wrap around my body and pull into him, holding me closer than ever before.
More tears fell down my face and he whipped them away,
“Baby, tell me what happened? It’s okay” I opened my eyes and looked into his concerned ones.

“My father…. Attacked…. Me” I could only manage three words before I broke down into another fit of sobs, clutching to Gerard tight. I heard him gasp and his arms wrapped around me protectively and pulled me even closer. He kissed my forehead and scooped me up bridal style. I rested my head against his shoulder and closed my eyes. He gently lay me down in the car seat and held my hand, “It’s going to be okay, I’m going to drive you to the hospital now and then you can come back to mine.” All I could do was nod and fall back against the seat. He climbed into the drivers seat and put the pedal to the metal, I could hear his anxious breaths and felt comforted knowing he actually cared for me.

Once at the hospital I was close to being out cold, I wasn’t really awake, but I wasn’t asleep. I felt Gerard’s arms scoop me up again and I smiled at his warmth and how perfect he was. I heard voices around me, and whined quietly when Gerard put me down on a mattress and I could no longer feel him. After that I completely blacked out, falling into pure darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments1