Balloons, Fans and Pasties

5.

"Hey Lynda! What are you doing now?" Jessica asked. I had finished my act and it was almost closing time.

"Do you want to go out for drinks?"

"Yeah, sounds great! I could really go with some hard liquor right now."

"Okay, meet me at the door in five."

Five minutes passed and I was waiting at the door for Jessica who came out wearing a plain black t-shirt and jeans. You could hardly tell what most of us did for a living. We walked for a few minutes until we reached the bar.

"So, what's been happening?" Asked Jessica.

"Not a lot really, but some guy recognised me at the cafe yesterday."

"Oh really? Who was he? Just someone who had seen you perform?"

"No, he was Sarah's brother. He's also best friends with a guy my co-worker is trying to hook me up with."

"Wow, that must be pretty stressful, vodka shots?"

"Read me like a book." We ordered the shots and within ten minutes we had downed around six each, but we didn't stop there. We kept on drinking.

The rest of the night was forgotten and I woke up with a headache in someone elses bed. I sat up in bed with the sheet still covering my bare chest, next to me lay someone who looked oddly familiar. His face was half submerged in a pillow so I ignored it and got dressed a quickly and silently as possibly. I snuck out through the front door and headed home.

I walked through the door and sank down on the couch. I reached out for some pain killer sitting on the table. I felt too sick to get up so I dry swallowed them which almost made me throw up.

I saw a piece of paper sitting near the door, I was fairly certain that it wasn't there when I left. I walked over and picked up the piece of paper. It read:

Dear Samantha,
Have you finally come to your senses or do you still earn money by dancing around like the whore you are?
Yours sincerely,
You Mother.


Tears welled up in my eyes and I fell to my knees. Burlesque had helped me re-gain my confidence, my self esteem, my self respect. It helped me become myself again and with one letter, one question, it was all lost. She had taken it all back. I could never forget the things that she had said to me, the way she destroyed me. What I hated most of all is that after all this I still wanted her to respect me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't think I can express how sorry I am for not updating! I'm a horrible person, I know. Exams start next week for me so I have to study for that, I do get a few days off in the middle of the exams so I might update then. If I don't then I'm really sorry. Exams will be over in 2 weeks and I'll hopefully be able to update then. Anyway, next chapter I will finally be explaining more about the relationship with her mother. I really think it should have been a bit earlier in the story but I dont really know where to put it in so it can just go in the next chapter. Also, I'm sorry it's so short, I tried to make it longer but I think it will flow better if I just started a new chapter.
Anyway, I hope you like the chapter. Please comment/subscribe! I will love you forever if you do! And thank you to everyone who has already commented/subscribed, it means so much to me.