Sequel: Run the Show

Somebody Needs You

Chapter 17

Sitting on floor in the middle of the living room that less than a couple of hours ago was filled with furniture, now surrounded with boxes, masses of boxes, some of them open and some of them taped shut, Katie couldn’t help but smile softly to herself. This was really not how she’d imagined things when she first moved to Toronto…

“You alright over there?” the voice that cut through the silent apartment caused her to look up. “Or are you slacking off on us?”

“Shut up, Tyler,” she laughed, throwing some packing tissue at him. Though as he was still at the other end of the room it came nowhere near him, landing softly just a few feet away from her.

“Nice aim,” he winked as he walked across the large space and picked up yet another box.

When she agreed that they should move in together, and that she was the one actually moving to his place, Luke had recruited the help of a few of his teammates and closest friends in Toronto. Making the whole thing move at least five times as fast than when he’d helped her move in to the place in the middle of June, just some months earlier.

Though as she was packing up all her things in the boxes so they could move it, she remembered why she hated to move; it was such a tedious task. Not to mention, it always proved that you weren’t able to throw things away.

Fashion Week had ended a little over a week earlier and the aftermath of that was slowly dying down, meaning that she now had time to actually sort through her things and pack them up. From his reaction, Luke would have liked to move all her things the second that she agreed they should move in together, but life came in the way and he was now very anxious to get it all sorted.

Who knew he was such an impatient soul?

All small things packed into boxes, the breakable things covered in packing tissue and all the large things moved into the large truck standing in the street she slowly wandered through the now empty apartment.

When she first saw it online, she knew that it would be the perfect place. And it had been, she’d just lived there a lot shorter than she had thought, or expected.

“Baby?”

Feeling Luke come up behind her, she leaned back against his chest as he wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her cheek. “What’s on your mind?” he wondered as he saw the thoughtful look across her face.

“I just thought that I would live here for a long time,” she admitted, sighing softly.

“Are you regretting deciding to move in with me?” he asked, a slight worried tint to his tone as he pulled her even closer.

“No,” she smiled softly, tilting her head to the side and looking up at him. “I want to live with you, but it’s still a bit bittersweet, leaving this place already,” she admitted. “I really loved living here,” she shrugged slightly.

“I know,” he whispered, feeling a bit bad that he’d practically persuaded her it was better she lived at his condo than that he moved to this place…but then again, his place was bigger.

“Smoke is coming out of your ears,” she joked slightly, she could see how he was thinking and that was always a bad thing. He wasn't dumb, he was actually pretty smart, but he was a guy who was used to thinking in simple terms, when he began pondering the bigger things in life, it usually didn’t end well.

“Smarty-pants,” he mumbled before leaning down and brushing his lips against hers.

“Yo!” Tyler’s voice carrying through the empty apartment caused them to break apart and Luke to roll his eyes slightly. “Are you two coming down or what?”

“Yes, in a second!” Katie called back, turning around in Luke’s arms as she heard the door closing with a heavy thud. “I love you,” she mumbled before leaning up and brushing her lips against his.

“I love you too,” he smiled into the kiss before she untangled herself and made one final round in the now eerily empty space and grabbed his hand before they walked out the door, leaving the apartment behind.

As Luke’s apartment was already pretty much decorated, some of Katie’s furniture had ended up in storage or in the basement of the large apartment complex, but a surprising amount had had actually made it into the condo. And whilst he’d never really admit it, Luke liked the place a lot more now that he got to share it with someone. Someone who made the place feel a lot more like home then since he moved in to it during the previous season.

After his teammates left the condo when all her things were finally carried inside, he’d managed to distract her from unpacking it all right away. And that was why they were currently sitting curled up in the living room couch together, lazily watching whatever TV-show that was currently airing.

His fingers gently running up and down her bare arm, his mind was wandering and he remembered that he had to call his mother the following day. Usually he talked to her almost every day, but she was currently away on a short business trip and he didn’t want to interrupt whatever she was doing.

The TV-show holding none of her interest, Katie snuggled slightly closer to Luke and smiled softly as he slipped his hand under the hem of her shirt, gently caressing the warm skin of her side and abdomen.

Turning her head slightly, she leaned up and easily brushed her lips against his, evoking just the feelings in him as she wanted as he turned her and eased her down onto the comfortable couch, climbing on top of her as he didn’t let their lips part.

Hands wandering he soon loosed his t-shirt and her shirt had been unbuttoned as he kissed his way down her neck and traced her sides with his hands, causing her to arch her back off the couch, wanting him even closer…