Sequel: Run the Show

Somebody Needs You

Chapter 18

Luke’s 20th birthday rolled around on November 2; a Monday which was the night before the Leafs hosted the Tampa Bay Lightning’s at the Air Canada Center, as well as the day the team was rolling into town. So as his friend Steven Stamkos was coming to Toronto, Katie took him out to dinner on Sunday night and then joined him and his friends at a club to really celebrate it on the actual day. Or as much celebrating as you can fit in the night before an important game anyway.

Sadly the game only served to lengthen the line of looses they’d been racking up since the start of the season. The loss was the fourth in a row, and the 12th of the season, which could have been fine and all if it wasn't for the fact that they had only played 13 games so far…

On top of that, Luke was showing signs of the so call Sophomore Slumps and was sub sequentially getting less and less ice time. It did nothing for his confidence out there.

And then on the day after the loss to the Lightning’s, Katie was boarding a plane to LA, both for work and celebrating a friend’s engagement and it didn’t make him feel any better about everything that was happening. But he was the supporting boyfriend and even drove her to the airport at six in the morning. It had to be love if you did that…

Walking out of the airport the following Friday, Katie quickly hailed a cab and told the driver the address, leaning back in the seat as she watched the scenery pass by outside. She and Luke hadn’t been together that long, but her heart was aching for him. His ice times were getting shorter and shorter with each passing game and she didn’t know what to do to get him to cheer up. His bad mood wasn't good for his game, she might never have played it professionally but she knew that.

Paying the driver she grabbed her overnight bag and got out of the car, heading straight up the stairs and into the hotel.

Walking in through the doors alongside Viktor, Luke rubbed his hand over his face as he thought back to the game they’d just played. They’d won against Carolina with 3-2 and he’d played one of his better games in a while, but it was only a short moment of delight. They weren’t playing well most of the time and even whilst he walked away plus one in the plus/minus statistics, and he played more minutes than as of late, it wasn't a good performance…

Shaking his head in response to Viktor’s suggestion of passing through the bar before hitting the sack for the night, he continued towards the elevators. Stepping inside the moving metal box he pressed the button for the eight floor and leaned back against the wall, groaning silently as the doors were stopped in the middle of closing, revealing Tyler who looked a bit like he’d just ran a mile.

“What’s up with you?” he frowned as Tyler joined him in the elevator also pressing the eight button.

“Nothing,” Tyler insisted quickly. “So hear anything from Katie?” he wondered curiously, causing his friend to raise his eyebrow.

“Why are you interested in my girlfriend and her whereabouts?” he questioned suspiciously.

“Nothing, you said she was in LA, just wanted to know what she was doing,” Tyler shrugged innocently. “I've never actually been out there.”

“It’s sunny,” Luke replied dryly. He was missing her like crazy, it almost scared him how used he’d become to have her around at all times.

“Huh,” Tyler nodded. “We’ll give her my best when you do hear from her,” he added as they reached the right floor and both of them walked out of the elevator, Luke missing the smug look on Tyler’s face as he pulled his cell phone from his pocket and dialed a now very familiar number.

“Sure,” Luke mumbled as he walked down the hotel corridor. Sliding the key into the reader, he waited for the green light to appear before opening it and walking inside. Removing his jacket and shoes as soon as he could, he dropped the jacket over the back of a chair and reached up to undo his tie.

Only he was stopped by a knock on the door. Rolling his eyes as an annoyed groan escaped his lips; he turned around and headed back towards the door. He was going to kick his roommate’s ass one of these days, he always forgot his key.

Pulling the door open, he froze slightly. It definitely wasn't Exelby standing there, that was for sure…

“What are you…” he managed to get out as his eyes locked with a pair of very familiar green ones.

“You're not happy to see me?” Katie smirked smugly as she easily moved passed him and inside the room.

“No, yes, I mean…” he stumbled over his words as he took in her appearance, his eyes running up and down the length of her body. She was wearing knee high boots with a four inch heel that made her taller than usual, almost matching his own height and she was wrapped in a light colored trench coat covered in a floral print that left a rather wide gap between the hem of it and the top of her booths. A gap where only clear skin was visible…

“I'm very happy you're here,” he smiled as he got a hold on his own mind again. “But why…”

“Shh,” she pressed her finger against his lips, surprising him slightly. “I'm here for one reason and one reason only,” she stated softly, looking him straight into the eye. “And that’s for you,” the continued, moving her finger away and slowly untying the belt around her waist. “So just, you know, sit back and relax,” she smirked slightly as she dropped the belt and began shrugging off the coat, watching his eyes grow at what she was wearing.

Or maybe more at what she wasn't wearing…

Swallowing hard as his eyes traveled up her body. Over the boot clad shins, over the smooth, still tanned skin other thighs and up over her hips that were barely covered with the barely there skirt of the tight thing he guessed was lingerie. Her breasts were pushed up with a corset-styled part and he had a hard time meeting her eyes again as she reached out a newly manicured hand grabbed a hold of his loosened tied.

Before he could react her lips were against his and his eye quickly fluttered closed, his hands finding her hips and pulling her even closer as she made quick work of unbuttoning his shirt. Shrugging it off as he refused to let his lips part from hers, his hand found their way back to her hips.

Smiling into the kiss, she ran her hands down his warm torso, stopping at the top of his pants before quickly undoing his belt and his pants, pushing them down and letting them fall to the carpeted floor.

Breaking the kiss, despite his protest, she placed her hand on his bare chest and with a suggestive smirk across her lips she backed him towards the bed, making him step out of his discarded pants.

“What…?” he began asking, but was once again stopped by her finger. “Shh.”

Pushing him down at the end of the bed, she quickly pulled off his socks, her eyes never leaving his, before she placed her arms on his bare shoulders and straddled his lap.

The look in her eyes conveying nothing but naughty images to him as well as having her sitting in his lap in something that wasn't allowed to be worn for anyone but him he decided silently, was enough to drive him up the wall and his hands quickly found her naked thighs, enjoying the feeling of the smooth skin beneath his fingertips.

“I love you,” she whispered, her warm breath tickling his ear. “Just think of this as a belated birthday present,” she added, slipping his tie over his head, only to place it around her own neck as her other hand slipped further down his torso.

All but groaning out loud at all the images his mind conjured up, he knew that she could feel what she was doing to him, quite clearly. It was a fantasy having a girl turn up at your doorstep, dressed in lingerie, high heels and a coat wanting nothing but to…well, do you.

And from the looks of things, that was one fantasy he could tick off his bucket list by the following morning…
♠ ♠ ♠
Katie's Outfit

I'm in a hurry right now, so I didnt have time for personal replies, but thanks for the comments!! =D