Sequel: Run the Show

Somebody Needs You

Chapter 1

Cradling the body of his fiancée in his arms, time seemed to move in slow-motion around them as he approached the automatic glass doors. No other thought than getting her inside that building existed. And his determination was the only thing that kept the panic, the tears, the worries from consuming him.

Passing through the doors, everything seemed to speed up to a point where he had no idea what was happening and it wasn't till he saw the woman he loved being wheeled away from him that he realized that he’d made it.

Standing there, alone and with his shirt covered in blood, in the middle of the Emergency room nothing made sense to him anymore. This wasn't supposed to happen. This wasn't how they had planned things. No one said this could happen. No one warned them…

Choking back a sob he walked across the admit area and sank down in one of the unbelievably uncomfortable chairs, not that he noticed the comfort of them as it was. The only thing he could think about was his beloved Katelyn and their baby.

Taking a deep breath to keep his emotions getting the best of him, he leaned forwards on his knees and ran his fingers through his hair, tugging on the ends of it as he tried to make sense of things.

It was only hours ago that they were having fun and nothing was wrong in their little world and now…now everything was crumbling around him in a way he didn’t even know was possible.

They were in the middle of their training camp and he’d been let out early, she was out in the city so he’d met up with her instead of heading back home. The weather was still nice and warm so they went to a nearby park and just…just walked around for a while, eating ice-cream.

Then all of a sudden she’d felt a sharp pain in her stomach and moments, seconds, later she noticed that she was bleeding. Not a whole lot, but when you're pregnant the slightest drop of blood is too much…

If asked he couldn’t even tell you how they’d gotten to the hospital. Last thing he remembered was seeing the amount of blood soaking her clothes increasing and the panic in her green eyes.

Tugging on his hair, Luke bit his lower lip as the realization that he could lose the woman he wanted to marry, he could lose the baby they’d created together, hit full force and he barely managed to hold in a sob.

He had no idea how much time passed or how long he was sitting there, all he knew was that no one came out to talk to him.

And that could only mean bad things…