Sequel: Run the Show

Somebody Needs You

Chapter 35

Wedding magazines or bridal magazines if you preferred, all had one thing in common, the blushing brides. Lying stretched out on her back on the hardwood floor in the living room – the only thing that helped ease the pains in her back – Katie had been to enough weddings to know that it was all just a big fat lie.

Brides were happy on their wedding day – they were getting married after all – but more often than not, they are unbelievably stressed as well. And some even turned in to regular Bridezillas…an old friend from London came to mind.

As their own wedding had been postponed indefinitely at the moment due to her very unplanned pregnancy, she entertained herself with reading the magazines and the stories told by other brides. And making mental notes of everything she wanted to have at her own wedding.

It was becoming a very long list as of late.

Where Luke had brought her seemingly endless inspiration for her designs and sketches, the pregnancy did the exact opposite. She hadn't drawn a worthy sketch in weeks and it was slowly driving her up the wall. He’d questioned her about it once, commenting that it was only drawing, she’d quickly retorted that he’d been one cranky bastard when he hadn’t gotten to play the game he loved before and around Christmas…

It had done its job and shut him up. And whilst she really didn’t want to be mean, she still wanted him to realize just how much sketching and designing meant to her, it was one of her passions in life. Considering that he never brought it up again, she had a pretty good feeling that the message reached its destination quite well.

Mentally planning their wedding – or at least the things she wanted in it – was a rather drastic measure of trying to keep herself occupied so that she wouldn’t fret over her own inability to sketch. Silently she blamed the baby for draining all her creativeness from her, but she wasn't too serious about it.

But then again, she was, only because she’d read and been warned that being pregnant changed a lot of things. Not only your body and your family situation, but also what you thought about certain thing, how you felt and very possibly a lot of other things too. It all had to do with hormones and all that…

Apparently her creativity and inspiration was a casualty of…well, love considering just how she’d ended up in her current situation.

Flipping through countless of them magazines, she was still no closer to figuring out what kind of dress she wanted. According to the people she knew who had gotten married, one of the biggest things about the whole wedding, was the dress.

That didn’t help her the slightest, it only made her more nervous and anxious about it all.

Sighing heavily, she dropped the magazine above her head and placed her hands on her belly, turning her head slightly to the side and looking over at Luke. He was laying in one of the couches, his arm behind his head as he read through a baby book. It was an amazing sight from where she was laying.

One of the first things he’d done after her pregnancy was confirmed, was go out and buy that book and now the pages were all worn and it had more dog-ears than a professional kennel…

“We should probably start to at least think about the nursery,” she threw out there, watching him take in the words before he slowly turned his gaze towards her.

“You think so?” he wondered, placing the book across his abdomen as he watched her, to him her position on the hardwood floors still seemed painful but she’d told him time and time again that to her it wasn't, it actually helped. He still wasn't fully convinced.

“Yeah, I mean it’s not like we have to hurry or anything, but I just thought that we should think about it,” she shrugged slightly. “Maybe figure out how we want to decorate it and what we have to buy for it, there might be waiting lists and all that.”

“I didn’t think about that,” he nodded slightly. “But you're probably right,” he agreed.

“I always am,” she smiled slightly, laughing as he only rolled his eyes at her. “No, but seriously, there are a lot of things that has to be bought and all that.”

“True,” he remembered when he’d decorated the apartment, it hadn't been done in an afternoon…

“I know we haven't really talked about it,” she began, “but we are turning the guestroom into the baby’s nursery, right?”

“We should get a house,” he replied, surprising her judging by the expression that appeared across her features. “I'm serious,” he added, in case she though he was joking.

He wasn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just realized that I have 41 subscribers for this story...
41...that's huge. It truly blows my mind =D
I'm speechless, really!

Sidenote, some completely shameless self-promotion ;)
I recently started a new story, and if anyone's interested you can find it here