Sequel: Run the Show

Somebody Needs You

Chapter 41

“So this is where you grew up?” Katie asked, pushing her dark aviators on top of her head, scrutinizing the red brick building before them as they stopped and sat down on a park bench located under a couple of trees.

“A part of the time, yeah,” Luke laughed slightly as he glanced over at her, smiling widely at the absolutely adorable look across her features.

They were sitting in front of his old high school in Saskatoon, where they’d been for the last couple of days. After a week in Brandon, watching the Memorial Cup – the Wheat Kings came in second place after another ass-whopping from the Windsor Spitfires in the final – the two of them, Brayden and the rest of the brothers’ family had headed up to their hometown. Brayden had driven when the rest of them did the more sensible thing and flew up there, but apparently it would have been a crime to leave his truck in Brandon for the entire summer…

Luke had spent the days hanging out with his sisters as well as showing Katie around the city where he’d grown up and he was finding that he thoroughly enjoyed seeing everything again, through her eyes. Living in the same place for years, you sort of forget to appreciate everything that is around you, and as she’d never been there before, he regained at least some of that appreciation. The city really was amazing and he realized just how much he missed it when he was away, playing for both Kelowna and Toronto.

“Doesn’t look like I pictured it,” she commented, causing him to look back over at her, a frown spreading across his face.

“It’s a high school,” he pointed out. “What did you imagine? A church? A convent?”

Laughing slightly, she glanced down at her bump that was a lot more visible in the Bermuda shorts and snug white t-shirt she was wearing for the day. “No, I just…I don’t know what I was thinking about,” she admitted. “You said it was sort of a catholic school,” she reminded him. “When I say that I went to a very public school, I'm not lying,” she sent him a look, a smile across her lips.

“It is a catholic school, but it’s also a public school,” he pointed out.

“Hm,” she gave a noncommittal answer, looking at the buildings once again. “Still looks different,” she decided.

“What did your school look like?” he turned the attention back on her.

“A lot of identical beige buildings,” she shrugged slightly. “So if it was a catholic school, you never made out behind the bleachers?” she hinted smirking, noticing the slight blush that appeared on his cheeks.

“Not behind the bleachers,” he refused to look down at her, already knowing the kind of look that was across her features.

“Naughty,” she joked, scrunching up her nose slightly. “In my school it was the library or in the geography department,” she smiled in remembrance.”Nothing like a bunch of maps to get the hormones racing.”

“Did you ever find yourself in there?” he wondered curiously, wrapping his arms around her shoulders and pulling her closer to him.

“Oh, we’re entering dangerous territory here,” she laughed. “Once, it wasn't as cracked up as everyone claimed it to be, it was cramped and I remember that I got the corner of a bookcase digging into my back and the guy had wandering hands…” she trailed off before shuddering slightly. “I dug my heel, I was wearing these really high heeled boots, into his foot when his hands started wandering and then I left,” she told him.

“Only that one time?” he wondered, brushing his lips against the top of her head.

“Yeah,” she told him, happy that he couldn’t fully see her as she knew she was lying. But there was absolutely no need for him to know that she’d had several boyfriends in high school and she’d probably visited the ‘make-out spots’ quite a few times.

“Cute,” he smiled against the side of her head. “But I've seen pictures from when you went to high school and I don’t believe you.”

“Your loss,” she smiled, tilting her head and looking up at him before pressing her lips against his in a short kiss. “But I wasn't really that bad, I just liked kissing,” she shrugged slightly.

“You still do,” he pointed out, kissing her again.

“I do,” she nodded, a wide smile across her lips. “And mostly, I like kissing you.”

“That will go straight to my ego,” he told her frankly.

“It’s not that big, you have nothing on Drew, I'm not worried,” she joked, but only slightly, of all the hockey players she’d met in her life, Luke’s ego didn’t even make top ten. Drew on the other hand… well, he was worse that was for sure.

“Be glad that I love you,” he smiled before kissing her again. She liked kissing and he wasn't complaining.
♠ ♠ ♠
Pure fluff straight through =D
But sometimes that's nice too