Sequel: Run the Show

Somebody Needs You

Chapter 43

Just days after returning to Toronto, Luke and Katie packed their bags yet again and flew out of the country on a ‘real’ vacation this time. The season was still far away and where another time they might have waited to go away for a few weeks, they had the pregnancy to think about. They flew now instead of later.

And flew they did. Florida, California (Los Angeles) and Mexico had been places they’d considered, but they now found themselves in Brazil. Natal more precisely. It was an amazing place on the north coast of the country that offered the open sea and beautiful beaches as far as the eye could see.

They’d been sold the moment their eyes landed on the picture and they really hadn't been disappointed once they finally landed.

Instead of staying at a hotel where they were constantly around other people, they’d opted for the much more private – and expensive – option of staying in their very own bungalow just a couple of feet away from the sea with their own private piece of the beach. It was a rather secluded spot and arriving Katie had admitted that she was happy he’d convinced her they needed some privacy considering they really wouldn’t have a single minute of that once their baby was born.

Having arrived a couple of days earlier, they had yet to get away and do something more strenuous than just laying on the beach or…well, they were begin rather active in the bedroom. Another reason it was probably a really good idea that they were alone…

Natal did offer more than just gorgeous beaches, sunshine and cool water, but neither of them really wanted to leave their own little piece of heaven more than absolutely necessary. Once they got back home to Toronto, the real countdown for the arrival of their baby would begin and with it the approaching season. Both which they were content not thinking too hard on just yet and they cherished every moment they spent their together, with just the water and the sounds of the nature surrounding them.

Her – not that unexpected – growth in the chest department after getting pregnant had forced her out on a very unplanned shopping trip before the left Toronto. Dragging along a friend of hers on the type of shopping she literally hated, bikini shopping, Katie had finally found a couple that she deemed doable. The one she was wearing now was a simple two pieced halter one with wide ties on her hips, dark blue and white diagonally striped and lying stretched out on the deck of the bungalow she was surprised to find how much she liked it.

Bikini’s was a necessity when going to the beach or similar, but she really hated to search for one. Either they didn’t fit right on top, or the bottoms were weird or the color didn’t look alright on her, or they covered too much or too little…she rarely found one that she really liked. Of course the one time when she did find one it was when she was at least two sizes bigger just about everywhere, or so she felt.

“It’s amazing how strong they are,” Luke noted as he ran his large hand over her growing bump, feeling their baby kick in response to the movement.

“You talk about amazing when it’s your bladder they are using as a soccer ball,” she glared at him.

Not saying anything, he just smiled before placing a soft kiss to her exposed stomach. “You think anymore of what we’re going to name them?” he wondered as he lay back on the towel beneath him and closed his eyes in the bright sunlight.

“Not really,” she admitted sheepishly. “Or I've thought about it, but I keep coming up blank,” she corrected herself. “I mean, it’s one of the biggest things you’re deciding, they’ll be stuck with the name for the rest of their lives,” she pointed out.

“Unless they decide to change it,” he agreed.

“Would you do that?” she raised an eyebrow as she glanced over at him. “Change the name your parents gave you unless you have one hell of a good reason for it?”

“No, my mother scares me,” he quickly shook his head.

“It’s one of those things you really don’t want to screw up you know,” she said softly. “Only it comes with so much pressure that I'm not sure what’s up and down any longer.”

“We’ll figure it out,” he stated as he reached out and loosely laced their fingers together. “We’ll come up with a kickass name they’ll be proud to introduce themselves as,” he smiled as he looked over at her.

“You're a goofball,” she smiled back at him, but still leaned closer to him and quickly brushed her lips against his.

“I'm your goofball,” he agreed, running his thumb over the ring she wore on her engagement finger.

“True,” she nodded slightly, a smug smile across her lips.

“After we found out that you're pregnant, we haven't really talked about us getting married,” he said softly. “I was thinking about it the other day and…”

“And what?” she wondered, turning her head to look at him.

“I want us to get married when the baby is born, maybe not right away but I don’t want to wait,” he admitted softly.

“We don’t have to rush into it,” she told him softly.

“I know, but I love you and I want…I want you to be my wife,” he admitted, a soft blush that wasn't from the heat crept up on his cheeks. He knew it was almost girly to want to get married, and he was well aware that he was younger than most guys who actually wanted to get married, but he’d found The One already, the one he literally wanted to spend the rest of his life with so he didn’t see the reason to wait.

“I want to be able to call you my husband too,” she admitted as she looked at him, an honest spark in her eyes. “I promise that we’ll start planning it after the baby is born.”

“I like the sound of that,” he smiled widely leaning over and quickly kissing her.

“I do too,” she smiled back at him. “Besides, that gives me a real reason to glare at the girls who are undressing you with their eyes,” she joked. He’d honestly been surprised the first time they’d been out in public together in Toronto and he’d been recognized by a group of girls in the late teens, all whom had been rather forward in letting him know that they liked him, and wanted to get to know him on a much more personal level. She’d been standing right next to him, hadn't said a word and simply took his hand when they finally managed to get away from him.

It was a territorial move from her part, but he was still surprised she hadn't said anything or done something else. His last girlfriend had been very annoyed at the attention he got at times, and he was always as surprised when she didn’t seem to care. He tended to chalk it up to the fact that she’d lived in LA for a rather long while and had seen it happen to people more famous than him.

“I wouldn’t mind that,” he smirked as he pressed his lips against hers, his fingers slowly making their way up her side. Her appetite in the bedroom had increased the last couple of weeks and he wasn't about to complain. No, he was about to make the most of it…