With a Delicate Soul, I Don't Claim to Know Much

The World Has It's Shine

"How was the little trip upstate?" Sammie asked softly as she helped Alex cook dinner.

I shrugged, "Fun, interesting nonetheless."

Alex looked over at me with a smirk then sighed softly, "Gabriel told me that you, my lovely Kacie, had a little bit of a wild streak."

I blushed deeply, "Figures, he would." I shook my head.

Sammie's eyes got wide then looked at Alex, "You know!?"

Alex looked at his girlfriend, "You know?"

"Of course I know, I'm Kacie's best friend." She said like he was an idiot.

"Well, Gabe told us at the studio today." Alex smiled, "He liked it alot ... taking your panties off in public." He laughed, "Very sexy."

"Thanks?" I asked with a weird face then sighed, "This is nice, letting me stay with you guys."

"Dont worry about it." Sammie insisted, "I figured you were going to be over here the majority of the time anyway," She laughed then frowned at Alex as he put some sort of seasoning on the meat, "What are you doing?" She frowned more.

"I'm cooking." Alex replied.

"I dont like that."

"You havent tasted it before."

"Well, I dont like the smell of it."

"Sammie it's already on there, stop bitching, you'll like it. Who went to culinary school? You or Me?"

She hit his chest, "Fine, I wont help with dinner."

"I didnt want you to.' He insisted as she left the kitchen. Alex took in a deep breath then started to prepare our dinner once again. Sammie flopped down next to me then eyed me, "One week until the wedding." She paused, "One week without Gabe." She picked up her wine glass and took a long sip, "and One week filled with last minute doubts."

I licked my lips, "I need to see Clayton again."

"Why?'

I bit my lip then raised my eyebrows a bit, "I burned the pictures of myself."

"What?" She gasped, "Kacie!?"

"I dont want to give them to Gabe, he would never know I was pregnant in them but I do." I insisted, "I dont want that in the house. It'll just remind me of the miscarriage everytime I saw them."

Her eyes turned soft then she nodded, "Ok, I'll call him, see what I can do."

Alex looked over at us, "What pictures?" He questioned.

We both looked at him, "We cant tell you." Sammie frowned, "You'll tell Gabe, or ... or Patrick or Ryland and Nate, then one of them would end up telling Gabe, then Gabe's wedding present ... which is hot ... will be ruined."

Alex nodded slightly, "Is it a sex tape?"

"Alex!?" I laughed, 'No!"

'Hey, just a question. that would be hot, a little girl on girl action."

"Ok, enough." I nodded, "That's enough."

Alex smriked then turned his back to us as he cut something up on the other counter, "Gabe is having a hard time figuring out you're wedding present." Alex informed us, "He knows what you like, but this is like .. bigger than a birthday or anniversary present ... this is your wedding."

"I told him he didnt need to get me anything."

Alex glanced over his shoulder then back at whatever he's doing, "And you expect the man to listen to you? Things are done Gabe's way, or no way."

I nodded a little, "Most of the time, but I am the woman behind the man, I can get him to do things other people cant."

"Yeah, and you give him pussy almost everynight."

I went to protest that comment but I couldnt, "Pussy is a bad word." I snapped.

Alex laughed, "Oh, ok ... well you give him vagina." He frowned and shook his head, "That just sounds weird, pussy is such a better word for this discussion."

I made a face then ran my hand through my hair, "I dont like this. Gabe is in town and I cant see him. I dont see the man enough."

"Babe, it's part of the wedding." Sammie said as she stood up with her empty wine glass and went to the kitchen to fill it up again.

I looked Alex, "Alex, when you and the guys throw the Bachelor party, make sure Gabe is good. No sluts, no nothing."

"Actually..." Alex said softly, "We're going bowling and hanging out at the bar ... kind of a guys night out./CD wrap up party. We have rented the bowling alley."

I frowned, "I dont get to go?"

"No."

"Well, that totally blows." I spat.

Alex just shrugged as he fell quiet continuing to cook. Sammie sat back down next to me with her cell phone and smiled over at me, "I'll Clayton." She said softly.

I nodded then got up. Slowly walking to the room I'll be staying in, I flopped down on the bed and made a face as I thought about Gabe and wondering what he's doing. He told me he'd call when he was done at the studio. It's almost eight, and he's not done, but Alex and Ryland are both done. Ryland is coming over for dinner and to talk about some music jibberish with Alex about their own band 'This is Ivy League'

I've only been apart from Gabe since this morning but it feels like years. This week will not pass fast enough. I can hardly wait.

-----------------------

"... More than you could ever know." I sang softly then looked in at the control room at Patrick. He smiled and nodded. I put the headphones down then walked out, "was that good?" I asked, "One more take?"

He nodded a bit, "Actually one more run through and I need you to re-do a few parts." He glanced at me, "But it's good." He smiled, "You wrote this ... today?"

"Last night.." I insisted, "After Kacie went to bed." I sat down next to him then grabbed my water, twisting the cap off of it, "It's weird, to think I'm getting married in a week." I mumbled before taking a drink.

He nodded, "Honestly, I wasnt so sure Kacie was the one." He paused, "Until just recently."

"I've known, about a year ... maybe two. It's just strange, I never thought I'd be getting married this ... soon."

"You're 27."

"I know.' I nodded, "But this still seems soon."

"A lot of people get married and have kids before they're 25."

"I'm not a lot of people, I'm Gabe saporta Dammit." I laughed then just yawned a little being tired because it's almost one in the morning, "I have to get Kacie a present for the wedding ... and I dont know what to get her. Sammie told me that what she got me would blow my fucking mind."

Patrick smiled, "Get her Jewelry."

"Are we talking about the same kacie?" I asked, "You know her, she'd rather walk around in sweats and one of my t-shirts, bra less, and no make up on."

"I know what she got you." Vicky said as she came in.

I looked at her, "How do you know?"

"Kacie and I are friends, we talk ... kacie, Sammie and I went to lunch a few days ago, they told me."

I raised my eyebrow, "Wanna give me a hint?"

"Not really." she said as she sat down and crossed her legs, "What are you still doing here?"

"Recording this song." I mumbled.

"Oh ..."

"What are you doing here, I thought you were going to take nate out to a club."

She shrugged, "We decided not to. Wejust got some dinner and now I'm back to get some backing vocals done without you hooligans here to bug me."

I nodded then stood up, "Actually, I think I'm done for the night ... We'll finish this tomorrow?"

Patrick smiled at me, "yeah, of course."

"Ok." I grabbed my things, told the two of them goodbye then left. On the way home, I stopped by the store, got a frozen cheese pizza for my late dinner. Once at home, I looked around the penthouse suite, in a way it feels like home, because mine and Kacie's shit is everywhere, but other than that, it looks just like a hotel room, but bigger, in apartment form.

I put the pizza in the oven, started the timer then went into the bedroom, changing into my PJ pants and grabbing the phone off of my nightstand. I dialed Kacie's number then went back into the kitchen.

"Where have you been!?" She gasped.

"At the studio ... I just got home." I told her.

She huffed, "are you sure you werent having crazy monkey sex in the laundry room with some spanish talking bimbo?"

I laughed, "Yes, I'm sure ... I was at the studio recording a last minute song."

"Oh ... sing some for me."

"I cant, it's a surprise for you."

"For me?" She questioned, "On the CD?"

"Yes."

"Sing."

"Nope.' I rubbed my bare chest as I leaned against the counter, "So, how was your day?" I asked.

"Ok, I guess ... I miss you. Its weird, its a different feeling than when you're on tour."

I nodded to myself, knowing what she's talking about. We dont see each other enough as it is, not sleeping in the same bed when we're in the same town is weird, "Yeah, I know."

"How was your day? Busy?"

"For the most part, yeah." I licked my lips, "Are you in bed?"

"No, I'm on the couch watching paid programming for oldies but goodies CD's."

I laughed, "Sounds like great fun."

"Yeah, I suppose. Papi, we have six more days of this." She paused, "and I'm stressing because we still have so much to do. I have a meeting with Beth everyday up until the wedding."

"Is sammie going with you?"

"Yes, she doesnt want me going alone."

"Good, me either." I pushed myself off of the counter then walked to the fridge, opening it and grabbing a beer, "You know what this feels like?"

"What?"

"back when we first got together, and I'd be at my shitty apartment, you'd be at your place and we'd stay on the phone for hours, just talking about the most random shit." I insisted as I opened the beer, "And that one time you got really really sick, and I didnt want to come over and catch it because I had a tour in three days, so I stayed on the phone with you as much as I could. Remember that?" I asked before taking a swig of the beer.

"Yeah, I do." Kacie answered with a soft laugh, "And before we were even dating when we were just friends, you'd call me after a shitty date or whatever and we'd talk about our perfect date nights and what not."

I opened the oven with a smile on my face as I checked the pizza then shut it, because it wasnt quite done, "So .. Miss Kacie Aron, what's you're perfect date night?" I asked softly.

she sighed into the phone, "Well ... my boyfriend would have to cook for me. This amazing dinner ... and even though he doesnt eat meat, he would cook me a nice steak."

I smiled, "And?"

"And then we'd turn the lights low and slow dance in the living room."

"then?"

"Then we'd end up making sweet love until the wee hours of the morning."

I smiled, "Sounds nice."

"And what about you Mister Gabriel Saporta, perfect date night."

I looked down at the floor as I thought, "I'd get Lou to close his restaurant for the night, I'd take my girlfriend there, and it'll all be candle lit, share a bottle of wine, talk, slow dance on his new dance floor, then share dessert before barely making it home with our clothes on."

She laughed softly, "I like that."

"Sounds nice, doesnt it?"

"It does."

I sighed as I took another drink, "Did you go and change your last name?" I asked.

"yes, I did ... I'm leagally a Saporta."

I smiled.

"But until after the Wedding I'm still going by Aron."

"Ok." I paused, "and we have the marriage license?"

"Yes, Papi we did that before we went upstate."

"I know, just ... just double checking."

"I love you." She whispered.

"I love you, too."

"I have to get new everything ... credit cards, bank card, drivers license, change everything to Saporta." She informed me, "This ... this is it Papi. We're in it for the long run now."

"I wouldnt want it any other way." I grabbed an oven mit then took my pizza out of the oven before turning it off. I found the pizza cutter then made a face as I cut the small pizza, "After the honeymoon we can start baby makin'"

"I wish it were sooner."

"You cant force your body to have a period, Kacie ... and I would say let's just start as soon as we can, like on our wedding night, but I want to listen to the doctor and wait until after two periods."

"I know, it just seems so long. For the first time in my life I'm wanting to get my period. I'm wanting it to come faster."

I smiled, "After the honeymoon, I'm going on tour, a small tour then coming home in september for a few weeks ... I figured that's when we'll be able to really focus on concieving."

"That's a long ways away, Gabriel ..."

"I know, but we have the honeymoon, and like a day or two after we get back, I leave ... oversea's with The Academy is..."

"oh."

I grabbed a plate, 'But ... if you dont get pregnant in that time window, you can come out with me, we keep trying out on the road."

"Ok."

I took a bite of my pizza, "So ... I'm going to eat then go to bed, I'm tired and I have to get up kind of early."

"Alright, I should be in bed too ... Sammie and I have a lot to do tomorrow." She paused, "I love you, and call me whenever you get the chance."

"I will ... I love you, too." I made a kissing sound, "Hugs and Kisses Senorita ... have sweet dreams."

"I will ... dream of me."

"Always ... Good night."

"Good night."

I ended the call then put the phone down as I focused on my food. This is going to be one long week.