With a Delicate Soul, I Don't Claim to Know Much

Leaving

Packing my suitcase slowly, Gabe came into the room and smacked my butt playfully, "Change in plans, Bonita," He said softly.

I looked at him, "What do you mean, change in plans?"

"I mean we're not leaving until tomorrow,"

I frowned, "Why the hell not?"

"Because we arent going to Hawaii." He said simply.

"Where are we going?"

"Bora Bora," He answered softly.

I eyed him a bit never having been there, I've heard of it but never been there. He smiled softly, "Are you mad?"

"No," I answered, "What's in Bora Bora?"

"Romance, love making, and probably some really good food." He laughed.

I pointed to him, "Saporta ..."

"It'll be fun, Bonita," He cut me off before I could finish what I was going to say. He walked over to me, "Really, and it's probably more relaxing than hawaii, and we're staying over water,"

"Over water?"

He nodded, "Overwater bungalows, we're staying in one."

I made a face.

"Kacie, it'll be fun ... we can go to Hawaii some other time."

"Bora Bora is like Tahiti, right?"

"Yeah, they're in the same chain of islands."

"How much did this cost?"

"Does it matter?" He questioned.

I frowned, "Well, we're having twins we have to save money so we can get the nursery together,"

He rubbed my back, "It was more than Hawaii," He paused, "that's all I'm telling you."

"Papi, just tell me I wont get mad, promise."

"$4,500 and that includes a full breakfast and dinner brought to our room every day,"

I walked away from him, "Gabe!?" I wailed, "Do you know how much money that is!?" I shouted, "I am pregnant with twins!" I rubbed my face, "Why couldnt you just book Hawaii!?"

He looked at me, hurt in his eyes but he soon covered it up with anger, "Fine!" He snapped, "I'll cancel the whole fucking trip and we just wont go anywhere, because I cant get a goddamn refund!" He wailed, then walked away, speaking spanish very quickly before he slammed the bedroom door closed.

I walked to it and opened it, "Fucking speak English you coward!" I screamed.

He turned around to me and walked back, "You want English?" He asked simply, "I'll give you fucking English, I said I cant fucking do a goddamn thing without you fucking freaking out over it. We have the fucking money to take this trip, we need this trip, but if you want to you can just stay the fuck home!" He shouted in my face, "I'm through with feeling sorry for you Kacie, I know shit has been hard that's why I did this, I thought it would be nice since we didnt really get a proper honeymoon, it was more like a vacation," He paused, "I'm done,"

I just stared at him.

He shook his head and started to walk away but stopped to turn around, "And did you ever think that maybe, just maybe I need this trip just as bad as you fucking need it?" He questioned, "It's not always about you, it has been lately yes but it cant always be about you, there's two people in this marriage Kacie, not just you," He frowned meanly, "And do you really think I would spend the money if we didnt have it, or if it would put us in a bad financial situation. I know we have twins on the way, I know you're pregnant, I know we need to get the nursery done, I know all of this ..." He sighed then walked away, "That is the last time I ever do shit for you." With that he grabbed his keys and left the apartment, slamming the front door.

Just as soon as the door slammed shut, my tears started to pour from my eyes. I just stood in the hallway, not knowing what to do, or how to make it better. Allison's bedroom door opened and Allison just looked at me, having probably heard every word.

She sighed softly then hugged me tightly. I clung to her, not caring whos side shes on in this fight, I just need someone with me.

After I calmed down, she made sure I was ok before going back into her room. I sat on the couch, watching the door patiently, waiting for Gabe to come home. The day passed by and before I knew it I was sitting alone on the couch, in the dark and it was almost three in the morning and Gabe still wasnt home.

Maybe he's right, maybe I should've just been happy that he did what he did. Maybe I should'nt have made such a big deal out of this.

Curling up on the couch I closed my tired eyes feeling like shit and hoping that Gabe will be here, soon.

-------------------------

Opening the front door slowly, I shut it and saw my wife curled up on the couch, asleep and shivering because she doesnt have a blanket. I put my keys in the dish by the door then grabbed the blanket off of the back of the recliner and covered her with it.

"It's about time you come home," Allison said simply.

I looked up to see her in the kitchen quietly reading a magazine and sipping coffee, "She was up all night waiting for you, worried, scared that you wouldnt come back,"

"Stay out of it, please."

"I cant, she's my cousin you hurt her Gabe. I know the way she blew up was wrong, but she's stressed she's pregnant, what can you expect?" She questioned.

"Allison, please, just stay out of it," I said sternly, because I'm not entirely cooled down, I understand I was a jackass but I also dont think I was completely in the wrong either.

"That was really shitty of you, leaving all night,"

I glared at her then walked away, making my way down the hall.

"That's it, walk away from your problems Gabe. Dont care if your wife has a broken heart."

Before I knew it, I had threw my fist into the closed door that was going to be the nursery and I turned around, "Shut the fuck up!" I shouted.

Kacie jumped up quickly and looked at me with wide eyes then turned around to see Allison. Allison got up and walked over to me, "What the fuck is wrong with you Gabe?" She growled, "Do you really think you're a man, just because you can fucking punch something? Obviously you're not man enough to hear the truth because you keep leaving, you keep walking away from everything,"

I just stared at her my jaw clenched.

"You dont fucking deserve someone as amazing as Kacie, I dont understand why you cant just be grateful for what you have. You're never around and yet she still fucking loves you!"

I nodded then started towards the bedroom. I grabbed a bag and packed it with clothes. I zipped it up and walked back down the hall to see Kacie now standing, half asleep and looking exhausted. I looked at Allison and took off my wedding ring, "Ok, you're right ... you go find a better husband for her, ok?" I asked then handed her the ring before walkig to the door.

"Gabe," Kacie begged, "Gabe no, No dont leave." She cried as she tugged on my hand, "Dont leave," She begged sadly.

I tugged my arm away from her then grabbed my keys, walking out of the front door without another word. Kacie followed me out into the hallway, sobbing like never before as she tried to stop me.

The minutes seemed to blend together as every passing second broke my heart but I'm a guy I do shit without thinking clearly when I'm mad. Then it seemed like rather suddenly, I was in my Father in Law's hospital room, just standing there like I was out of my mind. Tears slowly running down my cheeks.

Jim looked at me intently then sat up better in his bed, "Get into a fight?"

I nodded.

"Lose your temper?"

I nodded again.

"But she started it?"

I shrugged.

"And by starting it, she pushed it so far or said something that made me erupt into a big out burst that you didnt mean?"

I just sat down on the chair, "Yeah,"

"And now you've done something incredibly stupid that has your marriage hanging by a very very thin string?"

"I fucked up," I said softly.

"What happened?"

"We were giong to go to Hawaii, I booked Bora Bora instead, Kacie got upset, I got upset, then I left. I was gone all night, just walking around the city then when I come home, feeling like I was ready to talk, Allison starts in on me ..." I paused for a second, "Then I got mad again, but I asked her to stay out of it, she wouldnt ... she told me I dont deserve Kacie then I packed my bags and I ... I left."

He shook his head, "Go home," he said softly, "Just go home, dont say anything just walk up to Kacie and hug her, kiss her, let her know that you love her and that you're sorry."

"I cant, not yet..."

"Gabe, you have to," He nodded, "I know this is one of your guys biggest fights to date and I know Allison being there doesnt help and I know that normally you wouldnt have to go back, but Kacie is fragile right now, you of all people know that, she's not really sure of herself and you're that rock in her life, you're that one person who keeps her sane ... just swallow your pride and go home."

I stared at him for a minute.

"With you gone, seeing you walk away her world probably just completely stopped,"

"It wasnt easy on me,"

"I'm not saying it was, I walked out plenty of times to know how it feels, I know you need that space but like I said normally that would be ok, but right now just go home."

I stood up and nodded, "What do I say?" I whispered.

"Nothing, just hug her."

I eyed him then walked away making my way back home, still in tears, I havent been able to stop. All I wanted was to make this trip romantic and now, we've missed the plane, and most likely, wont go.

Entering my apartment, I heard loud sobs then Allison talking calmly, "Kacie I didnt mean it, well I meant it, but he needed to hear the truth."

"Just stay out of my life!" Kacie wailed sadly, "Just because your fiance left you and you're bitter doesnt mean you have to drive my husband away!" She screamed, "We had a fight! We fight all the time! Sometimes way worse than this fight, it's just Gabe he's a cocky asshole but he loves me!"

I walked down the hall and into the bedroom where Kacie was on the bed just brekaing down like never before. She looked up at me and just stopped talking. I walked over to her and tugged her to her feet before hugging her close to my body, closing my eyes as she clung to me for dear life.

Burying her face in my chest she continued to cry. I sighed softly, "I love you," I said softly.

"I love you, too." She nodded.

I looked over at Allison and she was just standing there watching us. She lowered her head then walked away. I sat down on the bed, taking Kacie with me, "I'm sorry about everything."

She backed away, "me too," She nodded.

I wiped away some of her tears hating to see her cry, breaks my heart worse than anything, "I just wanted to make the trip more romantic,"

"I know, I over reacted, I shouldnt have this time ... Gabe, I was wrong. You were right," She huffed softly, "I have been selfish, wanting you to pay attention to me, and I havent even stopped and asked you how you were and if you were doing ok,"

"It doesnt matter, Kacie."

"It does, there's two of us in this marriage, not just me," She paused, "I've been taking you for granted,"

I shook my head then just hugged her again, "I didnt mean to leave, I wanted to work things out but Allison, I couldnt ... I couldnt take it," I whispered, "And I didnt mean to make a hole in the door,"

She backed away from me, "When does that plane leave?" SHe asked.

"We missed it, it left at 7:30,"

Pain was written all over her face, "We can catch another plane right?" She asked softly.

I shrugged, "I dont know,"

She got up quickly and grabbed the phone, she handed it to me, "Call ... Call the place and tell them we'll be late and not to cancel our reversations,"

I looked at the phone then up at her. Standing there in just one of my shirts and her panties she nodded but she was still crying. I stood up then cupped her face, kissing her softly. She kissed back lovingly but pushed me away, "call,"

I walked out of the room and to the kitchen to get the info on the hotel. I called to make the changes, after I was done I walked back into the bedroom to see Kacie standing by the closet, rubbing her small baby bump.

Coming up behind her, I placed my hands on her stomach and held her close. She leaned back into my a bit. "They're moving around in there, I can feel them," She said softly, "They didnt like the yelling,"

I kissed her temple, "I'm sorry,"

She turned around in my arms and looked up at me, "Is it changed?"

"Yeah, it's changed."

"Did you find out about the plane too?"

"There's a red eye flying out at 8 tonight," I whispered.

"Do you still love me?" She asked.

"I never stopped loving you," I pointed out.

She walked away to her nightsand and grabbing something before walking back to me and opening her hand. There laid my wedding ring in the palm of her hand. I took it and slipped it back on then kissed her softly, "I think I'm going to need longer than a week,"

She hugged me tightly, "Me too," She whispered.

I ran my hand through her hair, still feeling like shit but feeling better. And to think, this fight resulted over a stupid little surprise that I thought would be nice, that is the last time that I dont include Kacie in my plans. I dont want this to happen ever again, I dont want to lose my wife, ever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that was kinda lame :-/

Now, I promise things will get happier after this.