With a Delicate Soul, I Don't Claim to Know Much

The End

"Where are you going?" Alex questioned me as I packed my things.

I looked back over my shoulder and stared at him, "My wife is labor, I have to go.'

He frowned, "we have a show tomorrow night, will you be back?"

"Nope," I answered, "We have to cancel everything."

"Warped tour?"

"No, I can go out on warped tour, but for the next two and a half weeks, I'm going home, to be with Kacie, Eddie and Ian."

He nodded but said no more, "Will you make it in time?"

"The doctor said she has at least a 15 hour labor ahead of her, I have plenty of time to get home and get there."

"Does she know?"

"Nope."

"Who knows?"

"Pops," I answered then zipped up my bags and looked at him, "You know I wouldnt cancel shows if it wasnt serious, right?"

"Your boys are coming, of course it's serious. People will just have to understand, they can get refunds."

"Are you mad?"

"No, I wish I was with Sammie when she had Elizabeth, but I didnt know until it was too late because I was sleeping and didnt answer my phone."

I noded then patted his shoulder, "I'm sorry."

He shrugged then watched me leave, "Tell sammie I'll be home soon then, since we're cancelling shows."

"I will."

"Call us, let us know everyone is alive and healthy."

"Ok, later." I said then stepped off of the bus and got in the waiting taxi.

Twenty minutes ago, I got a call from my Father in law, telling me Kacie went into labor and that she's in the hospital, but has a rather long labor ahead of her. The doctor said at least 15 hours, and so when I got off of the phone, I started to pack, I'm dropping the tour, I have to. It's the least I can do for Kacie, for the boys, for myself. I'mm going to miss a lot in the boys' lives, first words, first steps, maybe even first days of school, but I'll be damned if I miss their first cries, first gasp of air, their first day out of their mother's womb.

I need to be there for Kacie as well, she has put up with a lot shit lately, especially from me, I cant let her go through this alone, it wouldnt be right. This is going to be emotional, her Mother isnt here so feelings about her passing are going to surface and that's not good at all. I just want to be tere for my wife, I have to be there for my wife.

I have to be there for myself as well, because I cant honestly say that I'll be ok if I miss the bith of my sons. Two new Saporta's are coming into this world that I had a hand in making and missing their arrival would be hard on me, because believe it or not, Kacie turned me into a total sap. I put on a front really well, but deep down I would be screaming if I missed the birth of my sons, if everyone in our family got to hold them before I did.

Quickly, the time passed as the taxi dropped me off at the airport then I got on the plane to New York, before I knew it, I was walking into the hospital, in no real rush because Kacie is currently trying to get some rest, and no one is in the room with her, at her wish, she kicked everyone out.

In the waiting room, I saw it filled up, not only with the Saporta family, but the Aron family as well, needless to say, we need more chairs. I smiled at my family but said nothing as I continued to walk down the hall to the room that my wife is in.

Knocking quietly I heard Kacie sigh, "I said I didnt want anyone in here, you people are just stressing me out."

I smiled, "I can wait in the waiting room with the rest of the family if you'd like," I said simply.

"Gabe?" Kacie questioned as I entered all the way.

"Kacie?" I mocked.

She smiled happily as she sat up in her bed more, "Papi, what are you doing here?"

"I ran away from tour."

"And you didnt get caught?'

"Well, I did. Alex caught me, but he didnt try to stop me." I laughed then walked over, "How are you feeling?"

"Bored," She frowned, "Except when I have a contraction, then I wish you were here so I could punch you for doing this to me."

I laughed then kissed her lips, "Everything is on time and doing great?"

"Yeah, I'm actually moving along quicker than the doctor thought I would, it's only been like six hours and he's saying maybe another three at most."

I smiled, "Well, you look beautiful, even in labor."

"Well, this is the easy part of labor, wait a few hours and see if you're still saying that."

I laughed then kissed her lips again, "First one out, Gabriel Eduardo Saporta Jr." I said simply.

"Yes," She confirmed, "Eddie."

I laughed, "Then Ian Matthew Saporta?"

"Yes, Ian."

"They're going to look like aliens."

"Papi!"

"What, it's true."

She frowned at me then rolled her eyes before handing me a cup, "Go get me some ice chips please."

"What, now that I'm here I'm your slave?" I asked as I took the cup.

"Yes, you're not the one in labor, I am. I want ice chips dammit, oh at a popsicle, red, not orange."

"Ok," I leaned down and kissed her once more before leaving the room, on my adventure for ice chips and a popsicle. Once I had found everything, I went back into the room to see kacie breathing deeply and a look of pain and worry on her face as a nurse talked with her.

"Ok Sweetie, it's over now," the nurse smiled.

Kacie relaxed as she laid her head back, "You bastard," She looked at me, "You're supposed to be here when I have the contractions."

"BUt you sent me to go get you these." I pointed out with a smile.

The nurse smiled at us then left the room quietly.I handed everything to kacie, "You ok?"

"Yeah, they're just starting to hurt more and they're getting closer together." She whispered as she unwrapped her popsicle and started to eat it. I sat down next to her and rubbed her belly a little bit then smiled at her before looking at her bed tray to see a stack of magazines on it.

I grabbed the top one and frowned, "why do you read this shit?" I questioned.

Kacie eyed me then shrugged, "I dont know because they're entertaining, even if they're not real. You know, you were in one once."

"Was I?"

She nodded, "Yeah, wtih Pete, but the article was about Pete, not you."

"Oh, well then what good was that." I laughed then continued to turn the pages of the tabloid magazine, "She's hot,"

"Who?"

"Eva Longoria."

"Yeah, she is." Kacie agreed as she tossed her popsicle stick at me. I frowned as I picked it up off of my lap and tossed it into the waste bin by her nightstand. I made a face, "asshole," I said softly.

She smirked but said nothing as she sighed then laid her head back , looking around the room. I put the magazine down and focused my attention on my wife, "Can you get out of bed?" I asked.

She nodded, "Yes, how do you think I'm supposed to pee?"

I shrugged, "Does it look like I have ever had a baby before?"

She eyed me, "well, not really." She laughed.

I shook my head, "C'mon, get up and dance with me."

"I'm in labor and you want to dance!?" She yelped.

I nodded, "Yeah, just a little swaying."

"No," She shook her head, "But you can lay with me and cuddle me close."

I frowned at her then laid with her the best I could, then wrapped my arms around her. I kissed her temple softly.

The day went on, and almost five hours later, I had two very healthy sons and an exhausted wife.

With the lights dimmed in her room, I quietly said good bye to my Father in law who was leaving for the night with Allison then I shut the door after he was out. I turned around to see Kacie picking at her food.

"Eat it, bonita."

"I dont like it, Papi," She spat back with a face, "I just gave birth to twins and they give me this shit?"

I sighed as I caressed her face, "There's place down the street, I think it's like a Burger King or a jack in the box, want me to go get you something?"

She smiled, "Would you?"

"I would,"

"Then yes please."

"Alright, will you be good for a few minutes? I dont want to get in the car and waste the gas so I'm going to walk."

"That's fine, but push my babies closer to me just incase they wake up."

I laughed as I walked over to the boys' crib and pushed it to the bed more then nodded, "Good?'

"Perfect."

We tried to put the boys in separate cribs but they kept screaming bloody murder, then finally we put them together and they stopped crying, well, they dont cry as much. I caressed both of their faces slowly then looked back at my wife, "I'll be back. Be good, no going off and fucking the male nurses, ok?"

"Well, I dont know, that one was pretty cute." she joked.

I winked then kissed her lips quickly, "I love you."

"Love you more." With that I left the hospital room. Once I was outside, I stopped by the gas station first and bought a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. Outside once again, I lit up my first cigarette in almost a year, and inhaled deeply, needing to relax slightly, calm my nerves I suppose.

"Hey man, can I bum a smoke?" A guy who looked homeless asked. He smelled of piss and whiskey to tell you the truth. I handed him my pack of cigarettes and my lighter and smiled, "There you go, enjoy."

"Thanks."

"No problem," I said softly then continued to walk. I didnt want all of them, I just wanted one. As I slowly walked along the sidewalk, smoking I thought about the last few hours or so, watching my wife go through labor then giving birth to the boys, I'm not going to lie, I got light headed when I saw they being born, it made my a little sick to my stomach and that is the reason why men do not give birth to babies. We're all honest to god, pansy's. We couldnt handle child birth, even if we wanted to.

And I'm man enough to admit that I cried when I heard my sons' first cries and wails, then I cried again when I watched them nurse for the first time as well. It was emotional, I'm a Father now, not only do I have Kacie's feelings to think about, but I have my kids' feelings to think about. Everything I do, will effect the three of them in some way or another.

I just hope that I can handle a family, I mean, I have to be able to handle a family, because I'll be damned if I get a divorce. This is it, this is just the beginning of mine and Kacie's long, happy life together. I just hope that we get our happy ending one day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if that wasnt the best ending. I felt it was sort of lame.

:-[