With a Delicate Soul, I Don't Claim to Know Much

Get it Together

Walking into the hotel room that I'm staying in tonight, I shut the door ever so quietly as I looked around, "Senorita?" I called out as I kicked my shoes off and glanced at the TV, to see it on a soft core porn. I made a face, knowing Kacie doesnt really watch porn unless I'm with her, and even then she wont sit back and enjoy it, she has to get technical with every damn thing.

I tugged my jacket off and hung it off the back of a chair at the desk then saw the bathroom light on, and the door cracked, "Kacie?" I questioned as I walked towards the bathroom and pushed the door open. I saw my fiance in the bathtub, filled with bubbles and warm water, a leg hanging over the edge of it, a champagne bottle next to the tub, and a champagne glass in her hand.

I raised my eyebrow as I glanced around the bathroom. My brown eyes landed on the trash bin, only to see our wedding folder in it. Walking over to her, I kneeled down and took out the earbuds in her ears, blaring rather agressive music into her head, "Senorita?"

She turned her head slowly to me and looked at me, "what?"

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I hate planning a wedding with a man who just doesnt care." She said as she snatched the earbud away from me and put it back in her ear.

I frowned as I removed it, "What do you mean, a man who just doesnt care?"

"I mean you Gabriel, we're in vegas for three nights, this is the perfect time to start planning everything, but you wanted to go down to the casino, and waste your money on poker and booze. Or go to some sleazy strip club. Gabe I am done, so when you are ready to marry me and want to plan the wedding with me, let me know. Until then, can you just not talk to me?"

I watched as she put the earbud back in her ear then sipped her beverage, before closing her eyes and laying her headb back.

Frowning more than I was, I didnt feel angry, or even confused, I felt like shit. She had asked me at dinner to plan the wedding with her, I agreed, then when we got back, I went back on my word and told her I was going to go play some poker for no more than thirty minutes. That was three hours ago.

I stood up then grabbed the wedding folder before leaving her be in the bathtub, shutting the door. I sat on the bed then looked up at the TV to see that the porn that was on when I came in was just a commericial. I turned the TV off, then opened the folder to see that everything was set out, perfectly.

Intently, I looked over all the details that were already set in stone, like the date of the wedding, and the fact that it was going to be a Jewish wedding. Turning the cover page, I found a bunch of magazines with themed wedding idea's within them. I frowned as I focused my tired eyes on the small print of the magazine, reading over everything.

"Fuck, this wedding is going to put me debt." I mumbled to myself, but knowing I dont want to cut any corners, and Kacie sure doesnt. This is it, I honestly dont believe in divorces, unless it's a last resort, even then I would be extremely reluctant, but this is it, I have to make it count, this has to be perfect. It has to be the day that Kacie has been dreaming of since she was a little girl, and it has to be the day that I've been dreaming about since I decided that I wanted to marry the woman in the bathtub, who currently hates my guts.

I can honestly say, that I never thought about marriage before Kacie. Yeah I thought I was in love a time or two, who doesnt? But Kacie, she had me thinking marriage, babies, retirement, grandbabies, family.

The bathroom door opened and Kacie stood there in a towel. I looked up at her, and normally seeing this site I would jump to my feet and smother her body in kisses, but this isnt the time for playful kisses. I just hope to god she doesnt start to cry. She walked out and over to her bag, grabbing a pair of panties, she dropped her towel then tugged her underwear on before walking to the hotel provided dresser where my clothes are. She opened a drawer slowly and tugged out the top shirt in the pile. Pushing the drawer shut with her hip, she unfolded the shirt and tugged it on before looking over at me.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

She ignored my comment then walked to 'her' side of the bed pulled back the covers then got in, "Good night, Gabriel."

I looked over my shoulder, "G'night." I replied, "want me to turn the lights out?"

"That would be nice."

I nodded as I got up, I turned the lights out then walked back to the bed. I put the folder on the desk before crawling onto the bed, I laid behind Kacie, and moved my body into hers. She sighed but said nothing, I lifted my head and rested it on her shoulder, "Senorita, will you talk me?"

She shook her head no.

"I'm sorry." I insisted.

She shrugged, like she didnt care. I made a face, knowing I wouldnt be able to charm my way out of this one. I leaned forward, towering over her a bit, and pressed my lips to her cheek, "I love you." I mumbled against her skin, before placing another kiss on her cheek, then one on her temple, before kissing her clothed shoulder.

"Sweet dreams." I said simply.

She still said nothing.

I got up, put my shoes on along with my hoodie before grabbing my laptop and the folder, leaving the my hotel room quietly without a word. I went down to the lobby, in the 24 hour cafe, bought a coffee and sat down at a table.

Opening the folder once again, I went through picking out everything that I liked, and my second choices for everything. The things that I didnt like I went onto the internet, looking for something that I did happen to like, then book marked the page.

Slowly, someone sat down across from me. I lifted my head and saw someone I didnt expect to see, "What are you doing down here?" Kacie questioned me.

I shrugged, "picking everything out for the wedding that I like, and my seconds choices." I answered.

"Gabe, it's almost four in the morning."

"So?"

Her brown eyes were tired, and her face was slightly pale, but it always is when she's tired. She looked at everything, "You did all of this?" She asked.

I nodded, "Yeah. For the food for the reception though, my mom would be offended if she didnt get to make everything, so I picked out the restuarant that Lou owns." I paused, "that way they can cook together."

She just nodded.

"I'm sorry." I said once more.

"I know."

"This is a big deal for me, it really is. I shouldnt have went and played poker, but I dont make the best decisions all the time, and I havent been here in a few months."

She nodded.

"Do you forgive me?"

She nodded, "Yeah." She whispered, "Just ... just dont do it again, Gabe I'm under so much pressure. My stress level is high, and it's going to be high until after the wedding and after we move into an apartment. I'm bitchy, I'm on edge so just dont fuck with me."

"But I can fuck you, right?"

She frowned, "is this really the time to be making a sex joke?"

I shook my head no, "Sorry."

"... Yes." she smiled cutely.

I laughed as I rolled my eyes, "scold me, then encourage me, make up your damn mind, woman."

She smiled, "I want you to come back up to the room and sleep with me."

I raised my eyebrow then turned off my laptop and gathered up my things before standing, "Alright, let's go to bed."

She stood up and led the way to the elevators. Once in. she turned towards me and leaned against my chest as she wrapped her arms around me. I kissed her forehead gently, "Papi, I'm not going to lie, I was mad. really mad."

"I know it."

She looked up at me then pouted her lips. I gave her a soft kiss and she whispered that she loved me just as the doors opened. We walked to our hotel room, Kacie unlocked the door and entered before me.

Placing everything down onto the table, I stripped myself of my clothes, leaving my boxers on then got in bed with Kacie, who had already disrobed and gotten in bed. Pulling her close to my body, she straddled a leg over my hips before kissing my chest.

Rubbing her back slowly, the time slowly passed as she fell asleep, and her body was relaxed against mine. Reaching down, I rubbed her bare thigh that was across my lower stomach just above my hips and closed my eyes letting myself fall asleep, moving on from the nights dramatic events.