Have You Ever Heard Me Scream 'I Love You'?

Playing House

"Look here," The neighbor boy smiled at me, "I made a tree fort ... wanna come up?"

I looked at him with a sigh, "Craigery, you know I'm not supposed to even be over here ... my Daddy is gonna get mad again."

His blue eyes looked sad, "But, Kaykay, please?" He begged, "I made it for us."

"Us?" I asked with a shy smile.

He nodded, "Yeah." He looked down at his feet, "So when I'm here on weekends we can play up in it."

"And what if I fall?" I frowned.

"You wont," He insisted as he looked up at me, his eyes wide, "My grandpa helped me build it."

I sighed softly, "Are you sure it's safe?"

"I wouldnt ever hurt you." He mumble, looking back at his feet.

"Ok, but you go first." I demanded as I pointed to the ladder.

"Ok." He climbed the ladder quickly then looked down at me, "C'mon Kaykay."

I looked over at my house then climbed up into the tree. Once I was in the fort, I smiled as I looked at everything, "Wow."

"Do you like it?"

I nodded as I turned around to him, "It's so big in here ... it's perfect."

He blushed, "I'm glad you like it."

I walked over to him and kissed his cheek softly, then walked away, looking in the cabinet, to see snacks in plastic baggies.

"My grandpa said it's like my own house," Craig started, "But ..." He paused, "I dont like to live alone."

I turned to him.

"It can be your own house too."

I smiled as I sat down and sighed as I looked around more, "Let's play house." I nodded as I looked at him.

"I was thinking we could play like we were on mars or something."

I frowned, "No, let's play house." I nodded.

He sighed as he sat down across from me, "Well ... let's play house and we live on Mars."

"Do they have mommys and daddys on mars?"

He nodded, "Why wouldnt they?"

"I dont know, because it's mars." I pointed out.

"No silly, everyone has a mommy and daddy." He nodded.

"Ok, well ... in that case, you can be the daddy and I'll be the mommy." I looked around a little bit then held up a finger, "Hold on, I'll be right back."

He nodded as he watched me. I left the tree house then ran over to my house and up to my room, "Kayla, honey what are you doing?" My Daddy asked me.

"Nothin' just getting my baby." I said, "I'm going to take her for a walk."

"Ok, dont leave the culdasak, honey."

"I wont Daddy." I called back then hurried down the stairs. I went back into the backyard of the neighbors then up into the fort, "Told you I'd be back."

Craig looked at me then the baby, "What's that?" He made a weird face.

"Our baby." I said simply, "We cant be a mommy and daddy without a baby."

"Oh." He frowned a little, "Hey Kaykay, where do babies come from anyway?"

I shrugged, "mommys and daddys." I said simply.

He frowned then reached over and grabbed the baby, "Whats it's name?"

"Her name is Claire."

"Claire?" He handed the baby back, "Ok." He smiled, "Let's play house and we live on mars ... and there's like a huge war going on, with like, aliens everywhere ... and I'm like the hero that came from earth to save the goblins ... and you can be my wife" He nodded, "and thats our baby ... claire ... and she's like going to be the princess of like all the universe if I win the war, but if I dont ... the aliens kill her."

I dropped my jaw in shock, "No," I whined, "She doesnt die," I demanded, "Or I wont play."

He sighed, "Fine ... they just capture her, then tomorrow we'll play the part where I go save her."

I smiled, "Ok, but you dont know if you win yet or not, so we dont know what we're doing tomorrow."

"Well, I lose, so they caputre her ... and then tomorrow I win and we live happily ever after with the goblins of mars."

"How do you know you'll win?"

"I'm a hero Kaykay, and heroes always win."

I eyed him then nodded, "Ok," I paused as I leaned over to him, "Now, it's morning time, and I have to give you a morning kiss."

He nodded as he pouted his lips. I smiled as I leaned over and pecked his lips. Then backed away with a shy smile. He smiled back then started to talk about the aliens outside.

I'm so going to get in trouble for being up here.


--------------------------------

I buried my face in my husbands neck and whined, "I think I'm going to die."

He laughed a little then shook his head, "Whatever, Kaykay." He kissed my forehead, "I havent ever heard of anyone ever dying from menstural cramps."

"Of course you havent, you dont have a uterus." I huffed as I moved my face away from him neck and laid my head on his chest, before looking at the blank TV, "Let's watch a movie."

"It's my last night home and you want to watch a movie?" He questioned.

"You're not getting sex when I feel this way." I pointed out, "it's not my fault you've decided to leave on my time of the month."

"Well, take a few advil, let them kick in then let me have my way with you." He smirked as he rubbed my back with both hands, "You're gonna regret it when I'm gone ... you're gonna be laying in bed one night and say 'damn, I should've fucked my husband when I had the chance to ... now I have to wait until he gets home' then you're gonna be callin' me up, wanting phone sex."

I rolled my eyes as I lifted my head and looked at him, "You know ... I dont know where you got that mouth from." I said simply, "I remember when we were little and the worst word you ever said was weiner."

He laughed at me, "Yeah, well ... I've now replaced weiner with prick, or cock, or dick."

"Shut your mouth." I slapped him, "Thats no way to talk."

"Kaykay, I walked into the kitchen this morning while you were making breakfast and you called the toaster a cunt because it burned the bread ... dont tell me to watch my mouth when you talk like that." He laughed.

I buried my face back into the crook of his neck, "well ... it is a cunt, we need a new one."

"You're silly, you know it?"

I nodded my head as I gently kissed his neck, and closed my eyes as the sharp pain in my lower region acted up again. I whined softly, and he wrapped me up tightly in his arms before placing a kiss on my forehead.

I opened my eyes as I looked back at the blank TV, "You know, back when we were kids ... and we would play house," I looked up at him, "I still feel like that ... except, you're not acting like you're saving mars or venus or earth from martians," I paused, "I still feel like we're playing house."

He caressed my face as he smiled, "They were aliens sweetheart, not martians ... the martians were my allies," He paused, "You of all people should know that."

I smirked, "Whatever, Owens."

"But you know the difference now than back then?"

"No, what?"

"Your Dad likes me now ... and I know where babies come from ... and we know of this activity, where the mommy and the daddy lay in bed, or on the couch, with their clothes off ..."

"No, you're not getting sex." I laughed as I slowly sat up, "I feel like shit, baby."

He sat up then wrapped his arms back around me. He kissed my cheek, "Ok ... I'll tell you what, you go start a hot bath ... I'll get you a few advil ... and I'll get a bottle of wine from the fridge, then I'll come in the bathroom, and sit in there while you soak your aching body."

"Are you going to bathe with me?"

He raised his eyebrow, "I wasnt planning on it, but ... hell why not?"

I shook my head as I cupped his face and pressed my lips to his. Kissing deeply, his hands found their way under my shirt, and his finger tips caressed my skin softly.

"On second thought," I whispered as I backed away, slightly out of breath, "I read somewhere, that sex helps with cramps."

He smirked, "really now?"

I nodded.

"I dont think I want to have any sexual relations with you tonight ... you ruined my mood." he joked shaking his head.

I frowned at him, then tugged my shirt off, before taking my bra off, "How about now?"

His blue eyes looked down at my boobs then shook his head, "Nothing." He lied.

"Oh, ok." I got up, took off all of my clothes then sighed, "So, I guess I'm going to go lay in bed." I paused, "I have fingers, I know how to get off without you." With that I walked away, swaying my hips.

He whined as he got up and followed me, "Damn you and your naked body." He grumbled as he wrapped his arms around me from behind and kissed on my neck, "and I promise, after we're done ... I'll hold you and wont let go."

I smiled as we laid on our bed. I looked up at him and he smiled down at me, "I love you Kayla Christine Owens."

"I love you too, Craigery Michael Owens."

He leaned down and pressed his lips to mine and I sighed softly as I tangled my hand up in the back of his hair. Never in a million years that ten years ago, I would think that I'd be here ... about to make love to my husband ... to the blue eyed neighbor boy.