Have You Ever Heard Me Scream 'I Love You'?

A visitor

Walking through the front door, I turned on the light as Craig followed me in, shutting and locking the door. I glanced back at him tiredly then forced a sleepy smile. He returned the smile then walked to me, wrapping his arms around me, "Holding Natalie in my arms was amazing," He nodded as he rubbed my sides, "I cant wait to hold our son."

I smiled then stood on my tippy toes, kissing his lips ever so slightly. He sighed quietly as he stole another kiss then pointed to towards the kitchen as he backed away from me, "I'm gonna go have a drink."

"A drink? what kinda drink?"

"A beer," He smiled then kissed me again, "Go get your pretty little ass up in the bath, I'll be up in a minute." He said as he smacked my ass playfully.

I smacked his arm and pointed, "Hands off, Owens."

He made a cute face then shook his head no, "Never." He insisted as he walked away into the kitchen. As I started to climb the stairs, the doorbell rang. I made a face as I turned around, "I got it!"

"Good, I wasnt getting it. I was going to ignore it." Craig said simply.

"Jackass." I mumbled as I unlocked the door, then turned on the porch light. I opened it and smiled at the lady standing there, "Hi." I said simply.

She just stood there, smiling at me for a good few seconds before speaking, "Kayla?"

I nodded, "Yeah. who are you?"

She smiled as tears fell down her face, "Sue." She whispered, "Your Mom."

I just stood there, frozen in time as I looked at the lady infront of me, telling me she's my Mother.

"Babe?" Craig started, "Sweetie, who is it?"

I didnt answer him, I was speechless.

"Kayla!?" Craig said, worry in his voice then I heard his footsteps hurrying in. Gently, I felt his hand on the small of my back and he looked over my shoulder the lady infront of me. He gently pushed me aside and smiled, "Can I help you?"

She smiled at him and nodded, "I'm Sue. Kayla's Mother."

Craig, too, froze but a smile played his lips as he stepped aside, "Please, come in." He insisted.

She looked over her shoulder at a car, "My husband and kids are out there---"

"Bring them in," Craig nodded, "Bring them in." He repeated himself with a smile. I looked at my husband as she turned fully around. He leaned over and gently kissed my temple, "You fucking scared me when you didnt answer me, sweetheart."

"Sorry," I whispered, "I couldnt even think."

He nodded then Sue turned back around as her family came up. They came in and I continued to look dumbfounded. This was it, I'm meeting my Mother, the lady that I have waited my entire life to meet, this is really it.

Sitting at the dinning room table with her as her husband and kids watched TV in the living room, I smiled but still couldnt get anything out.

"So, you must be Craig." She said, looking at my husband.

He nodded, "Yeah. I'm Craig." He pushed his hair to the side.

"I heard you two have been together for a long time"

He nodded, "yeah, since fourth grade, bestfriends since before school even started," He informed her as he glanced at me lovingly, "I never would've thought I would be married to her though."

She smiled then looked at me. Craig got up, "You know, I have a lot of packing to do for my tour that I'm going on in a few days, a lot of laundry, I'll leave you two alone," He looked at me and ran his hand through my hair before kissing my lips lightly, "I'll be upstairs."

I nodded as I looked up at him with a gentle smile. He smiled back then stole one more kiss before grabbing his open beer and two more unopened ones from the fridge before climbing the stairs.

Once he was out of view I looked at my Mom and smiled shyly, not knowing what to say. Before I knew it, the questions came, and didnt stop until almost three in the morning and I had to get to bed. I learned that she had written me, and called me but my Dad hid everything from me and Aaron. And that she never drank or smoked with either of us. She told me my Dad was threatening and verbally abused her.

Showing her to the guest room, I then went upstairs and crawled into my bed with Craig. I shook him slowly and he opened his eyes, "hmm?"

I kissed his lips softly, "Wanna do me a favor?"

"what?" He slurred, his breath smelling like stale beer, a smell that I'm extremely used to.

"My back is killing me, I could use a back rub."

He nodded then sat up as I sat up with him. He pulled my shirt off then took my bra off as well, before he started to rub my back firmly. I closed my eyes and smiled happily, "she's amazing, Sweetcheeks."

"Is she?"

I nodded, "She is."

He stopped rubbing my back then wrapped his arms around me tightly before rubbing my baby bump slowly. I laid my head back on his shoulder and closed my eyes, "Shes great." Was all I could say.

He kissed my neck slowly, "I bet, it's late," he paused, "were you talking to her this entire time?"

"Yeah" I turned around to him and he was half awake. He laid back and closed his eyes, "Lay with me, I'm tired."

"My back still hurts."

"Lay down, and it'll stop."

I laughed as I took off the remaining of my clothes and crawled under the covers. I snuggled into him and kissed his cheek, "Night babe."

"Good night, sweetheart," He kissed my forehead, "I love you."

"I love you, more." I rubbed his chest slowly, then held his hand tightly as he fell back asleep. As I laid there, I thought about everything that has happened today. Gwen had the baby, I saw Craig hold a baby and pictured him with ours, then unexpectedly, my Mother, the woman I have been trying to find and contact my entire, just showed up at my doorstep.

This is honestly the best day of my life, next to my Wedding Day.