Status: Active

They Never Said It Was Fair

Chapter Seventeen: My Mind Forgets To Remind Me You're A Bad Idea

Dear Riley,
Writing to you is just about useless now. My mind's right. I might as well just die. Just go and live in Hell with you. What's the point of fighting a losing battle? I know I'm going to lose, I know I'll never see Embry again, and I know it's just going to kill me slowly. So what's the bother in trying? It's do or don't now. And that stupid "sighting" thing...I don't even want to know anymore.
Love,
Mellana


We arrived in Saarloq before I knew it and we're taking a stolen car (courtesy of Jasper) to the coordinates of the house.
I didn't even acknoledge Jasper or Aralina. I just sat there, a dead stare in my glazed over eyes, a blank expression on my face, my mouth molded into a permanent frown. I didn't see the point of bothering with life anyway. Some people would call my feelings depression, I thought of it as giving up.
Jasper and Aralina may want to keep fighting, but I'm laying my armor down and am just going to flop down in the battle feild and let whatever happens happen. I'm done trying to save myself from pain, I'm done trying to hide from reality. I'm just going to let it go and give up. It was the easiest option, and right now, it felt somewhat like my only choice.
"Mell? Are you coming?" Aralina asked.
I blinked, and looked out the window. Sitting before the car was an oddly proportioned bright colbalt blue house, suspeneded off the side of a cliff with stilts.
"Do you think they're in there?" I questioned, clambering out of the car and walking to stand next to Jasper.
"Doubtful," He responded, locking the car. "It's probably just another note."
I rolled my eyes. "Goodie."
Jasper just chuckled in response and began walking towards the door, Aralina practically on his heels in anticipation. I sighed and followed about two feet behind them, waiting boredly as the broke into the house.
The inside of the house was empty. Hannah probably hurled everything out the window and down the side of the cliff, just to devastate the family that would come back to a completely empty house.
"Here," Jasper said, handing me an envelope.

Dear Human,
Congrats, you got to the house. Too bad it's not over, huh?
Hate,
Hannah


My eyebrows knit together in question as Jasper and Aralina stiffened, looking over my shoulder. I turned, standing with an evil grin in the doorway was Hannah and Emerson, flanked by about twenty more vampires.
I swallowed hard. "I'd like to fall off the cliff too right about now."
♠ ♠ ♠
Aye yi yi. So it's been FOREVER since I've written. I know, i know. But it's finally summer and I can start again. :) School is just to time consuming. Although I have done some sample writing, can you say 170 pages and 70,000 words?? Haha and I'm in the process of writing for my Best Friend. A book in her honor :) And I'm also trying to chase a dream. That's classified though, so don't ask.
Anyway, comment and subscribe if you will. Maybe I won't update unless I get, say, three more comments?? How about them apples? hahaha
and I'd wanna jump off the cliff If i were mell too. Can u say death? I hope Jasper and Aralina are good, cause they gonna die if they aint. jk, I wouldn't let them die. Anyway, comment comment comment!
-biblel