Status: Active

They Never Said It Was Fair

Chapter Three: Trying My Best To Understand

Dear Riley,
I'm with you. But my heart still hurts. Why?
Love,
Mellana


The man named Riley let me go. My mind didn't like him, it kept saying he didn't match the old descripition. He didn't look the same.
I wasn't sure.
I comptimplated if it was him. My heart still ached even with him near me. Even when he kissed me. Even when he hugged, no matter what he did my heart still hurt.
It still felt like it was weighing down my chest. Like it was slowly killing me. Slowly dragging me down.
And now, I didn't care, I let it.
Every morning I would wake up my face would be red and wet. Tears. I didn't understand why I was crying. I didn't get why it hurt so much, why if Riley was here he didn't make the pain stop.
"I'm going out today, okay?" Riley asked, wiping a hand threw his dark black hair.
"Kay." I nodded, I was sitting on the brown leather couch doing nothing.
"Hannah will be here if you need anything." He smiled patting my head.
"Okay." I acknowleged staring at his tanish skin. He smiled one more time and walked out the door, his black eyes gleaming.
I sat there doing nothing when I heard foot steps behind me. "Well, well, well, if it isn't the delicate human." A bitter sweet voice mocked behind me.
I looked side to side and turned around. Hannah.
"Looks like your precious Riley isn't here to protect you know." She seethed glaring at me with deep red eyes.
"What?" I asked stunned.
She laughed briefly, evil flashing threw her eyes. "You have no idea, do you?" She asked mocking.
"Wha-?" I asked, she put her hand on my cheek, slightly stabbing me with her nails.
"Hmm....so weak and helpless." She smirked slapping me. My hand automatically went to my burning cheek. "Do you even know what I am?" She asked bending down to get in my face.
I shook my head. "A human?" I guessed quietly.
She gave me one menacing chuckle. "Keep guessing." She prompted, standing up and walking away.
I stared in shock as she walked away, my hand still on my cheek.
Taking a deep breath I turned on the T.V. across from me. Of course no cable. I got on my knees and crawled over to the shelf crowding the T.V. screen. I ran my finger across the movies.
I had no idea whay any of the movies where about, so I did the obvious choice picker. I closed my eyes and slid my finger over the spines of the cases, stopping on one. I opened my eyes: "Selena". I shrugged and shoved it in the dvd slot, shuffling back over to the couch.
It all came back to me.

Unknown P.O.V.
"Dear Riley, I'm with you. But my heart still hurts. Why? Love, Mellana" I read aloud.
I could see where she was. But they told me not to interfear. I wasn't even supposed to read this letter.
But I did.
I looked at the two story brick house in the middle of the woods. I could only occasionally see a shadow moving around in the top left window. I could feel my best friend watching me from behind. He wanted me to come.
I backed away from him and backed away from me. We changed quickly and took off running to our leader.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm...... who is so unkown. And why is Hannah such a meanie???