Be Careful What You Wish For

Chapter 1: "I WISH I'D NEVER MET YOU!"

“Bill just do it, dammit!” Tom urged his husband of six years.

“Just because you think you can make me do whatever you want, doesn't mean you can! I'm a living person, not some robotic slave for you to fuck!” Bill shouted back at an enraged Tom.

“Shut the fuck up, and just do as I say for once!”

“For once?! I do everything in my power to make you happy and yet you still treat me like shit! What the hell is it gonna take to please you!?”

“Perhaps a husband with a lot less attitude and a lot more ass! I mean God! You're skinny as hell! Everyday people see me with you they ask me the same thing! Is he anorexic? Is he sick or something? Are you not feeding him? You're ruining my image!”

Bill felt a sliver of his heart crack. That was a real surprise to Bill. He always thought his body pleased Tom. He was always so careful. He knew Tom would hate him if he were obese, so he always watched what he ate. In fact, once a month he'd go on a week long fast to make sure he didn't gain weight.

Which meant he didn't eat twelve weeks a year. And it was all for Tom. Tom had made him believe he liked how skinny he was, but it seemed that it was just one of the multiple components that was steadily tearing the once happy couple apart.

“But...I...I thought you liked that I was skinny...” he whimpered, holding back his tears.

“Well I don't! It's sickening! You're a grown man! A six foot one grown man! You weigh like...a hundred pounds! You're a walking skeleton! Every time I hug you I feel like I'm gonna snap your spine!”

Bill recoiled, averting his eyes away from Tom. The sad thing is, is that he wished that were true. Tom never hugged him anymore. Sure, after they had sex they'd cuddle, but...it felt mandatory rather than loving. Once he felt the first tear drizzle down his cheek, he raced to the bathroom and locked the door behind him.

He quickly began stripping off his clothes, and stood before the full body mirror on the back of the door. What he saw didn't please him. He was too skinny. Tom could easily break him.

“No more fasting. I need to eat so Tomi will like me again.” he whispered happily, running his fingers along each of his ribs.

~

Tom frowned the moment he saw a tear slip down Bill cheek, making him run into the bathroom. “Dammit.” he hissed, making his way over to the door. He grabbed the door handle, only to find it locked. He sighed, looking up in agony.

He always hated when they fought. Almost everyday for the past four years they'd yelled and screamed at each other for what felt like hours. Bill was always the one to end it. But that was only because he'd end up bawling his eyes out, take off, and lock himself in a room.

Then again, it's not like Tom enjoyed their fights either. He always felt guilty when he made Bill cry. He never intended to do it. But he always managed to do so. He loved his husband. He really did, but he knew that their marriage was slowly falling apart, and surely wouldn't last much longer. It seemed like they lived their lives in a continuous cycle.

They'd fight, Bill would run off crying, Tom would run off after him and calm him down, and they'd have 'make-up' sex. Sure, in between each fight they'd have one, maybe two days of quiet, but soon enough they'd be screaming again.

Tom sighed and gently tapped his knuckles on the wooden door. “Bill?” he called, hoping Bill wouldn't pull the 'divorce' card again.

“What?!” Bill snapped, sniffling up a few tears as he pulled his clothes back on. He didn't wanna look at the body that disgusted his husband.

“Come on, baby. Please don't cry. I'm really sorry.” Tom stated, hearing shuffling in their restroom.

The door immediately swung open, revealing an angelic face with tears streaming down his cheeks. “No you're not. If you're sorry you wouldn't of done it in the first place.” Bill growled, straightening out his wrinkled clothes.

“We all make mistakes, Bill.”

Bill only shook his head and passed by Tom, entering the kitchen. He sighed when he looked down at the meal he'd prepared for Tom. A perfectly cooked chicken with steamed vegetables, a side of homemade bread and a bottle of imported wine. He'd slaved over a hot oven for hours, and yet Tom had yet again refused to eat any of it because all he wanted was to have sex after such a long day at work. AKA working as a bartender at a local bar.

“Well...no point in letting it go to waste.” Bill thought, grabbing a heaping plate of food and a glass of wine before he quickly began eating.

“Bill...what are you doing?” Tom sighed as he noticed Bill continued to cry while he ate far more than someone of his size normally would.

“What does it look like I'm doing? I'm getting rid of this disgusting body that makes you sick and ruins your precious image!” he snapped, his mouth stuffed with bread and butter.

“Bill...your body isn't disgusting. It's beautiful. Beyond perfect.”

“Sure. Now that I'm pissed off at you, you decide to complement me. Tell me I'm beautiful, and that you love me. Where was that love ten minutes ago, Tom? Huh? Where was it? Where was it when you were telling me how much you hate me and my sickening body?” The moment Bill said that his flow of tears became stronger, making him whimper.

“Baby you know I don't hate you. We've been together since that night you got in a cat fight with Brandy Fisher over me.” Tom smiled, hoping to calm Bill down.

Bill didn't reply. He only shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

“Remember? You yanked her earrings right out of her ears and bitch slapped her into oblivion.”

Bill couldn't help but crack a smile at the memory. He remembered that night perfectly. He'd been in love with Tom for years before that night. He'd just been to shy to admit it. He had never been outgoing in high school. He'd dealt with sluts hanging off of Tom for years before Brandy simply crossed the line and pissed him off one too many times.

“I saw that smile, Billa.”

“Please don't.” Bill begged, putting his hands over his ears.

“Please don't what, Billa?”

“Stop!”

“Stop what?”

“Acting like you actually care!”

Tom stood his ground for a moment, making sure he'd heard bill right. “W-What do you mean? Of course I care.”

“No you don't. I highly doubt you ever did. Why you actually bothered to dump Brandy for me is a mystery to all. I guess, maybe you might have loved me then, and maybe even when you proposed...but it's obvious now I'm not of any importance to you.”

“Bill how the hell can you say that? You're my world.”

“No I'm not. You treat me like I'm some whore you paid to do your bidding! All we've done is fight for the last four years! I love you SO much, and yet it's obvious we're not good for each other! Face it Tom. The player and the emo kid DON'T get a happily ever after.” Bill explained, his voice cracking in emotional pain.

“Bill- I...please don't say things like that. I know our relationship hasn't exactly been sturdy the last few years, but we can fix this. We can get marriage counseling or something. Maybe we could adopt a baby? I know you always wanted to be a dad. The first two years with you were a dream come true. I just want us to go back to then.” Tom stated, giving a pleading look to his crying husband.

“...No. I-I've been trying to fix this fucked up marriage since the day all this started, and to be honest I'm fucking exhausted! I...I just can't do this anymore. I love you, but...but this is just too much for me. I'm sorry Tom...” Bill closed his eyes, letting the tears flow, and plucked off the diamond ring and gold band that had been sitting on his finger. “...but I want a divorce...”

Bill dropped the rings into his soon-to-be ex-husband's hand and clenched his own hands together. Why did it suddenly feel like those rings has weighed hundreds of pounds?

“Bill just stop already. You do this all the time. You say you're gonna divorce me, and then we end up fucking the night away. What makes this time any different?”

“...this time I'm serious. I can't take it anymore. It's driving me completely insane! I fast twelve weeks a year just so I won't get fat, and so you'll still want me. I do anything and everything you want when you ask! I cook what you ask me to cook, and I go where you want me to go, I buy what you want me to buy! I mean I even ditch Andreas, my best friend, all the time just because I have to stay home and nurse your goddamn hangovers after you go and get smashed with Georg and Gustav every other night! I mean when's the last time we actually did something as a couple?”

“We had sex just last night.” Tom replied.

“Exactly! We had sex! We didn't make love! We don't cuddle on the couch and watch a movies together! We didn't go out to dinner for our sixth anniversary tonight! We don't do anything that two people that were actually in love would do!”

Tom's only reply was a look of confusion, only breaking Bill's heart further.

“Oh my God. You forgot...didn't you...?”

“I-”

“YOU FORGOT OUR GODDAMN WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!? YOU BASTARD! YOU FORGOT THE ONE NIGHT A YEAR I ASK SOMETHING OF YOU!? THE NIGHT THAT SIX YEARS AGO WE PROMISED EACH OTHER WE'D ALWAYS LOVE EACHOTHER!? THE NIGHT THAT WE PROMISED TO BE THERE NO MATTER WHAT!? THE NIGHT THAT I THOUGHT WOULD LEAD TO MY HAPPILY EVER AFTER!?”

“Billa-”

“SHUT UP! Stop calling me that! You have no right! You ruined my life! Andi was right about you! He told me this would happen! He knew we wouldn't work out and I'd just end up getting hurt! I can't believe I chose a boy over my best friend!”

“Billa- I mean...Bill please stop! We still love each other! We both know that! I'm your Prince Charming remember?” Tom whispered, trying his best not to anger Bill any further.

“NO! I...I HATE YOU!” Bill wailed, as he crumpled up into a ball on the floor.

“Come on baby. That's not true. You love me. And I love you. You mean everything to me. I'd die if I lost you.”

Tom's speech did nothing to help Bill. He just sat there beneath the windowsill in the kitchen, hiccuping through his tears and whimpers.

“Please Bill? Baby look out the window. A shooting star. We used to stargaze and make wishes together in the summer. Why don't you make a wish? It might come true.”

“...fine.” Bill mumbled through his clenched teeth, looking up at Tom.

“I WISH I'D NEVER MET YOU!” he screamed before running into their bedroom and shutting the door.

~
♠ ♠ ♠
T.T Well, here's chappie one. ^_^ I hope you guys like it. I just randomly thought of this two days ago, and i thought, eh why not post it? Please rate high and leave comments! Danke!