Her Ray of Sunshine

Euphoria

“Pete, it’s good to see you dude! How are you?” Josh greeted none other than Pete Wentz at his door.

“I’m good man, they here?” Liam stood stock still, what had they planned?

“Yeah they’re in the living room, you want anything to eat, drink?” Josh asked as he let Pete in, closing the door behind him.

“Coffee would be awesome just now man, if that’s alright.”

“Sure, I can manage that,” Josh said, directing Pete into the living room, and taking his coat, “Liam, you remember Pete right?” he asked, walking into the kitchen. Of course Liam remember Pete, he was always the life and soul of any of the label parties Paramore were invited to, and when Josh though Liam was old enough, he brought him along too.

“Yeah I remember, ‘sup dude? How are you?” Liam asked, he had near perfect manners when he wanted to show them.

“Yeah, I’m good thanks, I just flew in like, yesterday, from the UK, so I’m like, a little jet lagged.” Liam nodded in recognition, still wondering what Pete had to do with him. “Has you dad told you why I’m here?” Liam shook his head.

“No, I haven’t, you want to enlighten them, well, except Callie.” Josh nodded in her direction, Callie was smiling like a Cheshire Cat

“So, yeah, down to business,” Pete said, flashing his trade mark larger-than-life smile, “I like you guys, a lot, you have something, for want of a better word, marketable. Josh here, he sent me tapes of you guys in the battle of the bands, and practising, I liked what I saw.” Liam nodded, not really knowing where he was going with this, Callie on the other hand, was bouncing as if she was sitting on hot coals, “In short, I want to set you guys up with a record deal.” the room erupted, there was no way to describe the way they felt at those words. Except maybe euphoric. Yeah, euphoric.
***

“How did you know?” Liam asked Callie, lying on her bed beside her. They had arranged a meeting with Pete and Travis McCoy of Gym Class Heroes, (a co-owner of Decaydance) for the following day, to sign papers and effectively get the ball rolling.

“How did I know what?” she asked, planting a kiss to his jaw.

“About Pete, the label, contracts, everything.”

“I walked in on your dad emailing Pete, and instead of lying to me, he told me the truth, he said I was trustworthy. I guess I’m just awesome like that.” she said, kissing him again.

Liam smiled, “Yeah, yeah you are.” he said, changing positions so that he was on top of a now smirking Callie. “I just, I can’t believe it Cal, this time next year, we’ll be on tour, you realise that right?”

She looked up at him and smiled, kissing him again, “And there’s no-one else I’d rather be living my dream with.”