Status: On hold. Sorry, I'm kind of stuck.

Disconnected

Chapter 1

“What the fuck.” Parker muttered as she stumped down the dirty streets of New York City. It was approaching one in the morning, but to her, that was still early. Men gawked at her as she strutted past them in her sky high heels and short dress , but she could honestly careless as she was too preoccupied in finding her friends.

Well, if you could even call them that.

They had started off the night as a high end, pricey club, and had ended up at a trashy bar full of drunk man over the age of thirty, most who probably had wife and children waiting for them at home. Parker didn’t really care, but her “friends” took the opportunity to find their catch for the evening.

The two girls she was with, Katy and Melissa weren’t her friends. They were more so her drinking buddies. Like most friends they didn’t just hang out, go shopping or to the movies; they went out and got plastered just to forget everything, yet still do it all over again the next day.

Sure it was repetitive, but what else did Parker have to do? She didn’t go to college, nor did she have a job; having been living off her parent’s wealth since she graduated two years ago. It may have looked bad, but she honestly didn’t care. As long as she was getting what she wanted, she was content.

“Where the fuck did they go?” She hissed under her breath as she continued down the dimly lit streets getting further and further away from the disgusting bar they had previously been in. She had seen the two girls leave with a thirty-five year old looking man.

Stopping suddenly she let out an annoyed sigh as she realized the two were probably off having sex with the guy in his car. Sure, she usually wasn’t any better, but she liked to think she had a little more class when it came to picking one night stands.

The only reason she was looking for the two girls was because she wasn’t exactly sure where she was. Sure she had lived in the city for several years, but it was dark and she was way past being tipsy.

She started walking again slowly trying to find a familiar place or street sign. Up ahead she could see a bunch of teenagers huddled around in front of a theater. They all seemed young and every single one of them was wearing tight skinny jeans.

They were surrounding two boys, one who was tall and skinny with brownish hair and another who was well built. They were smiling and taking pictures with the eager teens all while Parker walked by slowly with a confused look on her face.

She looked down the long alley leading to the back of the large building and saw a bunch of guys loading things into a large trailer. It was kind of sketchy, but she needed to figure out how to get home and she was willing to take her chances as she started walking down the dimly lit alley.

There were large metal doors lining one of the walls and as she passed one it burst open and a tall boy stormed out slamming directly into her sending her to the dirty, muddy ground. Parker fell with a loud shriek as she felt the dirt soak through her expensive dress.

Her head whipped up and stared into the boys deep brown eyes that were glaring daggers at her. She didn’t want to admit it but he actually scared her.

“Watch were your fucking going!” He shouted as he stomped away towards the direction she had just come from.

Parker was stunned as she slowly began standing up when she caught site of something blue laying on the ground. Picking it up she realized it was a phone and most likely belonged to the guy who had just slammed into her.

“Excuse me!” She shouted as she started to jog after him to the best of her ability in her high heels. The boy whipped around and glared at her once again.

“Fuck off!” He snarled. “Can’t you see I don’t want to be bothered!?” He snapped as he turned and stormed away once again.

Parker stopped walking as she watched him walk away muttering things about, ‘fucking fans’ and ‘fucking groupies’. To say she wasn’t confused was an understatement. Fans and groupies?

“Well,” She started as she looked at the shiny iPhone, much like her own. “He must not want his phone that bad.” She shrugged as she shoved it in her clutch and headed back down the alley way to ask the guys for directions like she had originally planned on doing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I missed writing about Mr. Barakat:-)

Thoughts??