Yes or No?

Chapter One

Bailey Tiding sat on her bed, locked in her room with the phone pressed to her ear. Her boyfriend Jeremy Savage was on the other side of the line making her giggle. “Jeremy that’s a crude thought, but I love you anyway.” Chuckled Bailey. Jeremy was bragging of the view he had at the High School football game, looking up the Cheerleaders’ skirts as they twirled in marvelous ribbons through the misty night sky.

“And yet it’s true Baby, and yet it’s true.” He giggled back into the phone. Bailey never liked being called Baby. It was just another foolish way to name someone without using his or her respected name. It was only three years ago when Bailey’s father was caught with three pounds of heroin stowed in the back of his car. Since he was always drunk or high (it depended on the mood) she was called upon the names “Kid” or “Baby” or even “Miscreant”. She cringed at the word. “Don’t call me that Boo.” She said into the phone, her smile becoming a frown.

Truth was, she didn’t even know what she wanted. All she wanted was to escape from the fact that her father was in prison and she just let Jeremy do what he pleased with her; she rarely ever spoke what she thought (taking a chance with trying). “I WILL CALL YOU WHAT I WANT, GOT IT?!” he forcefully remarked. Bailey jumped back in fear shaking her head, hoping he would get it although it was only the phone. She was scared of him but she couldn’t let herself know it.

“O-O-Okay.” She whimpered frightened in love. Bailey loved him though he was abusive in a sense where he just wanted to get lucky with his latest arm candy. Really lucky. His chance was actually a few weeks away. The winter prom was apparently the night for Jeremy. It was all planned out for him.

Soon it was time for Bailey to meet her mom downstairs for dinner. Her mom had a depression that was too deep to handle so she tried hard, to hard, to cover it with excitement. Bailey knew what was wrong with her mom. She didn’t want to break her heart so she accepted the way she was treated. She was proud of the way her mother tried.

Tonight was Baileys favorite dinner, Mushroom Bisque soup. Bailey ladled a spoonful to her lips. As she began to slurp the soup, she noticed that her mom has started to breathe heavily and in a vigorous struggle for air. “Mom are you okay? Of course not, what am I thinking. She is sitting here breathing heavily and all I can do is ask a stupid question like are you okay?’” she began muttering loudly to herself. When she stopped talking to herself she turned her attention back around to her struggling mother.

***

Bailey hated hospitals. Who doesn’t? They keep them so cold. Bailey didn’t feel coldness this time. She felt rising heat all over her body. It was too much heat. She turned to her mom and gripped her hand tightly. “Mom,” she gasped trying to breathe herself. Her mom only nodded and drifted into her sleep that will never be awakened. Her mother had flat lined. “No! NO!!!!!!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!! Her temperature began to rise higher and higher. Soon everything became faint and blurry. “She’s getting hyperthermic!” she heard a doctor yell. Bailey later felt ice packs and doctors yelling directions. They won’t help her. No one will ever help her now. She wanted to die. She wanted to be with her mother and away from everything. Things turned black. Yes.

When she awoke, she heard the beeping of the machines around her. How long had she been out? Maybe a few hours? Days? Weeks even? She didn’t care; all she knew was that she was alone at 17 and no place to go except an empty house. Wait a minute she thought I could stay in Jeremy’s apartment with him. I’m sure he will let me stay. I’ll call him the next chance I get. Nurses coming to her side to change her IV interrupted her thoughts. "How did you sleep Miss Tidings?" one of the nurses said. Bailey Identified the nurse as Nurse Sandra. Bailey only nodded in response.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is my first story so I hope you enjoy it. Comments are welcome always. I wanna thank Disenchanted_Tween (my good friend) for helping me get the story together.

Your Demolition Lover,
Morgan