I Woke up Next to Lukas Podolski and Holy Crap We're Married

Phone Call Nightmares

*Reyna POV*

“Reyna please don’t hang up!” said a voice that I never wanted to hear again from the other end.

“Talk,” was the only thing I could say. I was at Lukas’ home packing. Lukas had invited me to go to London with him for the weekend, he had the week off for international games. His game was this Sunday against England but he had to go earlier because of a photo shoot he was shooting for some jeans. We would be gone until Monday evening so I had taken off, I was sure that Jack would be okay for a day, especially since he had hired another assistant. I wouldn’t be missed. A few minutes ago I had been bubbling over with excitement but Matt’s voice on the other end had totally ruined it. I had thought it was Lukas calling me, since he was at the supermarket, so I had answered my cell without bothering to look at the ID. Big mistake.

“Reyna, sugar, please forgive me. I made a huge mistake but I want you back,” he started. “Your parents agree that you should take me back.”

“You told my parents?!” I asked in shock. How the hell could he be so dumb?

“Yes, I needed their support,” he said in an annoyed voice, like he expected me to agree with all the decisions he made. “And they said that we should get back together.”

“What exactly did you tell them?”

“I said that you had dumped me for a little misunderstanding.” Typical, he made me out to be the bad guy in this whole situation.

“You call telling me you didn’t want me anymore a ‘little misunderstanding?’” I didn’t wait for him to answer but continued. “I’m married and even if I wasn’t I would never go back to you. You broke my heart! I am an independent person and my parents will not dictate who I will love! You are a fuckin’ pig!” I was breathing heavily after my yelling but feeling much better.

“Reyna, I will tell your parents that you’re married” He threatened. Damn him, I screamed to myself. He was heartless but smart, Matt must’ve figured out from his conversation with my parents that I hadn’t told them and that it was a potential bargaining tool.

“And why would that bother me?” I bluffed.

“Because they didn’t know and I think that since it was so sudden you don’t want other people to know,” Matt responded with such a heartless voice that if he had been in front of me I would have strangled him.

“F**k you,” I said softly and hung up. I sunk to the floor and held my tears back. Life had been going so well and know Matt had destroyed it. I put my head in my hands and sat in silence.

“Are you---?” I lifted my head up and saw Lukas walk into my room. I smiled softly, reassured by his simple presence.

“What’s wrong?” he said pulling me to my feet with care.

“Nothing,” I lied.

“You’re a terrible liar,” Lukas said brushing a strand of hair from my face. I fought the desire to close my eyes and lay my head on his chest with his arms wrapped around me.

I sighed, knowing that he would have the truth from me eventually, “Matt called.”

“Schiet,” Lukas swears, hugging me. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah but he threatened to tell my parents about us.”

“What’s bad about that?”
“My parents would murder me.”

“Maybe he will be nice enough to keep it to himself.”

“I don’t think so.”

“Well we can’t do anything about it,” Lukas said pulling away from me and looking into my eyes. “What will happen will. In the meantime, don’t let him ruin this day. It’s what he wants.”

“You’re right,” I said. Lukas was very wise. I wouldn’t let Matt cloud my happiness.

“So, are you ready?” Lukas asked changing the subject back to our little vacation.

“Yup,” I said turning back to my suitcase sitting on my bed. I zipped it close and swung my purse over my shoulder. I lifted my little suitcase only to have it taken from my hands by Lukas.

“Thanks,” I said. “I’m glad you didn’t let me struggle with it.” He smirked, thinking, like me, about the day that I moved in.

The ride to the airport went by fast and in no time we were settled in first class, I had never flied like this before. The flight attendants gave us extra pillows, snacks and champagne. Being famous definitely had it’s perks. The only thing I didn’t like about this whole thing was the glances that the women kept giving Lukas as they entered the plane. I even went so far as glare at some that looked at him too long. Man, I had never realized how jealous I was. This never happened to me when I was dating Matt and he had gotten quite a few looks from women. I looked to Lukas on my right and saw that he was reading a book and wasn’t paying any attention to the women shuffling by.

“What are you reading?” I asked putting my seat belt on.

“The Last Kingdom by Bernard Cornwell,” he said looking up at me.

“Is it good?” I asked looking at the cover.

“Yeah. It’s about a boy that is raised by Vikings, you should read it,” Lukas said as the plane took off.

“I will,” I said. I looked out the window and enjoyed the feeling of flying. I loved being in planes, even the long waits at the airports. There were always so many interesting people to see. I also loved knowing that when we took off I was heading somewhere new and exciting. When a flight attendant came over the intercom and said we were free to move about, I lowered my tray table and laid my papers out and started to write my story.

“How’s your story coming along?” asked Lukas a while later. He was sipping the coke that the flight attendant had brought him.

“Good but I started on a new one. I didn’t really like my Robin Hood one,” I said looking up.

“Oh, any luck with this one?”

“I’m still in the planning phase,” I told him. He nodded and turned back to his book. It was weird to see a famous footballer reading, not what you would think of him doing in his spare time. I went back to writing but almost jumped from my seat when I felt his muscular leg against mine.

“Is it okay if I put it there?” he asked with a smirk.

“Whatever,” I squeaked out. This was first class and he did have tuns of room. Then I realized that we were still putting on a show for everyone around. The show must go on, even if we were thousands of feet off the ground.

The rest of the flight was uneventful and we soon landed. We got our luggage from the baggage claim and then exited the airport. There was a limo waiting for us and it took us to our hotel which was where all the other German players would be staying. We entered our room after checking in and I was a bit worried to see one huge bed.

Lukas closed the door behind us and must have seen where my eyes were because he said, “Don’t worry, I’ll sleep on the couch.”

I didn’t say anything but put my bags down. We both wanted to take a shower, Lukas said I could go first. After I was all clean and Lukas was in the shower, I turned on the TV and sat on the bed. I glanced to the clock and saw that it was ten. I was getting tired and had decided to turn in when my phone rang. I opened it without looking at the ID thinking that it was my brother, he usually called me every few days. Second huge mistake of the day, you would think that I had learned by now!

“Hello,” I answered.

“Reyna Ann Michaels!” screamed my mother.

My heart plummeted, “Hey mom.”

“Don’t you hey me you ungrateful chit!” she said. I could tell from her tone that her perfectly manicured nails were tapping the counter in annoyance.

“Let me expl---,” I started.

“You had a perfectly good man at home that made a small mistake and you marry a stranger!”

“He’s not a stranger,” I lied knowing that my mom would blow everything if she knew the truth. “Lukas and I had a thing a while back.”

“I don’t care! How could you do that to Matt?” she asked anger in her voice. My parents adored Matt. “You know he came in here crying when he found out?”

“Mom, he--.”

“No, you are coming home immediately and we will find a way out of this whole mess. Yet again you have disappointed your father and me. Can’t you do anything right? Must you forever act like a child?”

“Mom, I’m not coming back,” I said softly, biting my lip to keep the tears from spilling for the second time today.

“Yes you are young lady,” my mom said with her don’t-you-dare-disobey-me tone.

“I’ll see you in a few months,” I said and hung up the phone before she could say something else. I let the phone drop on the bed and burst into tears. It was just too much yelling for one day. I buried my head in the pillow and let it all come out: Matt’s attitude, his dismissal of my feelings, and his betrayal in not only our engagement but at telling my parent. But most especially I cried at the disappointment my mother always had of me and the way she never accepted me. As I let my emotions pour out of me I feel a pair of strong arms encircle me, anchoring me. I looked up into Lukas’ eyes and saw compassion in his eyes. He said nothing but pulled me against his chest and let me cry as he ran his hands up and down my back in comfort. He felt so warm and his hands made me think of better things. I felt that at least someone appreciate me for me. Lukas was the one that constantly pulled my façade down and wanted to see the real Reyna. I cried harder when I realized I loved him. I loved Lukas Podolski and there was no point in me fighting it. I loved everything about him and I wanted to be his wife forever, not just for a few more months. When all my tears were drained and my headache had subdued, he laid me down and tucked me in like a small child. I fell asleep to the feel of his hand running though my hair and a pair of blue eyes watching over me.
♠ ♠ ♠
More of a filler for the next chapter:)
Comments are always welcomed!