I Woke up Next to Lukas Podolski and Holy Crap We're Married

A Day to Remember

*Lukas POV*

I woke to the smell of my mother’s fresh made biscuits coming from the kitchen. My stomach growled and I knew that I wasn’t going to go back to sleep but I had no desire to leave the warmth and softness of the bed. I slowly opened my eyes, making sure not to blind myself with the morning sunlight that was peeking through the curtains. I made a movement with my right arm and all of a sudden I felt a delicious curve under my palm. My eyes snapped wide open at the same time as Reyna made a little noise in her throat and snuggled closer to me. My breath left me as I looked to the left and found myself staring into a head full of brown curls. Unconsciously I had moved my arm that had been holding her waist down to her shapely bottom that only the day before I had been admiring. I shamefully let my hand stay there a little longer than was proper and then put it back where it had been.

Reyna had not been joking last night.

Her lengthy body was pressed against my side, allowing me to feel every breath she took and one her legs was over one of mine. I could feel the silkiness and yet the subtle muscles of them as it rested against my own. Her arm was laying over my middle with her hand placed on top of my abs. Reyna’s head was cushioned on my bicep with her breath tickling my skin beneath. Eyes were closed and I was near enough to see the length of her lashes and the lushness of her pink lips. Those lips that would curve upward in that special smile of hers that she gave only me. Those beautiful lips that I wanted to kiss and feel against my own. But my gaze was distracted when they landed on bare skin. Reyna’s long hair was pushed aside to leave me a tantalizing glimpse of her gorgeous neck. I couldn’t keep my free hand from running a trail down the exposed skin and the satisfied smirk that followed when she seemed to tilt her head so that I could have better access. I lazily brought my fingers to her cheeks and then boldly traced the pink lips that had held me in a trance only a second ago. Reyna parted them slightly and a sleepy moan made me withdraw my hand as her eyelashes fluttered open.

“Good morning beautiful,” I smiled.

“Hmmm,” she responded brining her hand to her tangled mass of hair. “Don’t tease. I look disgusting.”

“I would never,” I told her catching her furiously brushing hand in mine. “You always look beautiful to me.” I knew exactly the moment that she realized that her prediction the night before had come true. She turned the deepest red I had ever seen and her eyes went as wide a saucers.

“Oh my god!!! I’m so sorry.” Reyna looked down and gave a horrified noise when she saw where her hand was. She snatched it from my six pack and bite her lips. She would have leaped from the bed had I not grabbed her around the waist and kept her against my side.

“Relax Reyna,” I chuckled. “Like I said last night, waking up like this is not bad at all it’s actually very nice.” She didn’t say anything, just stared at me with her hypnotic lavender eyes. I couldn’t move as she leaned into me, her gaze held me trapped. She was going to kiss me. Listen to yourself, I thought. You sound like a schoolboy! But I didn’t care one bit because the fact that my wife wanted to kiss me took over. Reyna’s lips were but an inch from mine when the door opened. Startled we both turned our heads to find my mother entering.

“Good morning lovebirds!!!” she cried as she took in our position in one calm look. Then she went to picked up some of our clothes and folded them, not even bothering to look embarrassed.

“Mother!! We could have been indecent!” I said a little more angrily than I should be. Damn! Foiled again, I thought.

“Indecent, you don’t think I haven’t seen anything you two have. No sir,” my mom responded clicking her tongue. “Now, you should come downstairs and eat your breakfast.”

“What happened to sleeping in?”

“You’ve slept enough,” she replied. “I’ll see you in ten minutes or I’m coming back upstairs.” With one more threatening look she was out of the room.

“Do you think she’s going to come in again?” Reyna asked still inches from me.

“No, I think that--.” She crushed her lips to mine with a little moan and I heard myself groan in response. Lifting my hand to cradled her head and angle it so that I could kiss her deeply as she unconsciously moved to lay on top of me. I was loosing all rational thought when the door opened once again. Reyna quickly lifted her head and rolled off of me as I let out a groan but this time of frustration.

“What now!?”

“Don’t use that tone with me young man,” my mother teased. “Just wanted to tell you that Cindy wants a visit.”

“Okay, after I get dressed mom,” I sighed as she once again left the room. Next time I am buying a lock, I thought glancing towards my wife…who had the strangest expression on her face. She looked pale and her mouth wasn’t smiling but had a tightness to it that had me worried.

“Reyna?” I asked grasping her bare shoulder.

“Who’s Cindy?” she said softly, not meeting my eyes.

I grinned as I realized what had upset her, “Are you jealous?”

“What!? No! Of course not!” she replied in one breath.

“I think you are,” I said getting out of bed and putting on my jeans. My smile got bigger as I felt her eyes on me.

Reyna snorted as she also got out of bed, “You are so conceded! Such a guy!”

“Why thank you,” I said giving her a little mock bow then straitened to put my green shirt on. “I’m flattered you would be jealous of…” Reyna must have been so caught up in her thoughts and emotion that she had forgotten what she was doing and who was in the room because she had just taken off her tank top and was rummaging through her bag for something to wear. God she was breathtaking to watch--even when she seemed to be mumbling things beneath her breath about my selfish nature. Enjoying the moment and knowing that I should soak in the moment I stopped what I was doing and just stared at Reyna. Eventually she realized I was watching her and lifted her gaze from the suitcase.

“What are you looking at?” Reyna asked putting her hands on her narrow waist.

“Nothing,” I said mischievously never looking away. “I like the pink lace on you, very sexy. I never would have thought of you as wearing that. I pictured you more of a black silk like at our wedding night but I really can’t complain.” It took her a few seconds for my comment to sink in but when it did she looked down at herself, saw what she was wearing--or not wearing--and gasped. She grabbed the first thing from her suitcase and held it in front of her.

“You should have looked away,” she said blushing. I walked to her side, stopping when I was within a breath away from her. Lifting my hand I ran my thumb over the lace strap.

“No one in their right mind would want to,” I said huskily. “You should get a purple one.” I tapped the strap lightly and saw her shiver. “It’s a distracting color on you.” I let her recall the pool scene from but a few days ago as I turned around and opened the door. “I’ll meet you downstairs.” I stopped and looked back into her lavender eyes and smiled. “By the way, Cindy is my horse.” With that I shut the door.

*Reyna POV*

My mouth dropped as my infuriating husband left me alone to contemplate all that he had just said. Just a moment ago I had felt the all consuming rage that another woman was somehow important to Lukas to a huge eye opener. A horse? A gosh damn horse? That was what I had been jealous of…a horse. Pathetic to think that I had burned with envy and contemplated strangling a horse! I snapped my jaw shut and turned back to dressing. Putting on a pink shirt that looked like a sweater, jeans, and matching pink gym shoes I quickly made my way downstairs yet all the while I was still thinking about that horse…and about buying a purple bra to please Lukas. I shook my head and entered the kitchen where Lukas sat drinking some coffee along with his father.

“Sit down dear,” his mother said motioning for me to take the chair next to Lukas as she opened the oven and took out a pie. “Want some coffee?”

“Yes please,” I answered sliding into the chair she had indicated.

“I think she wants some pie,” Lukas said standing and moving to the steaming pie.

His mother slapped his hand away from her masterpiece, “None of that, it’s for supper.” Lukas grinned boyishly and retrieved the coffee pot. He poured me a cup and then slide the milk towards me knowing that was how I took my coffee.

“Thank you,” I said blushing slightly. Why in the world am I red for? I thought. Most likely from before and not because he was looking at me like he wanted to devour me.

“Did you sleep well?” his mother inquired as she took her seat and spread some jam on her bread. Before I could answer her husband spoke.

“I’m sure they would have if you hadn’t checked up on them every few minutes,” he said taking a sip of his drink.

“I did not check on them that often,” she replied indignity.

“Only because I distracted you,” he said giving her a wink.

“Oh gross,” Lukas cried. “Could you two act like normal parents and not discuss this in front of guests.”

“It’s not like you don’t do it too son,” his father said raising his eyebrows. “We have a healthy sexual rela-.”

“God please stop there. Horrible mental picture and now I can’t eat,” Lukas pushed his plate away from him and stood. Turning to me he held out his hand. “Care to join me in visiting Cindy.” He had a playful sparkle in his eyes and I tried to glare at him as I took his hand but smile despite myself. “We’ll see you later,” he called to his parents as we made our way outside. “Don’t do anything too insane while we’re gone.” They waved us goodbye and smiled, telling us to have a nice time.

I was hit anew by the beauty of the place as we stepped outside. The forest was just as green as the day before, the air just as fresh, and the feeling of calm and peace settled deep in my bones. I knew exactly why Lukas’s parents would want a home here, it was a place felled with the technology of the twenty-first century with the atmosphere of the olden days when family was everything and having a goodtime was key. I followed Lukas as he made his way to the ranch that we had seen the day before. Noticing how at home he was surrounded by the forest it was hard to think of him as a multi-millionaire footballer.

“Are you still made at me libeling?” Lukas asked turning his head back to look at me. Darn him! I thought. I love it when he calls me that.

“I’m still deciding,” I said and then completely contradicted myself by unconsciously reaching out and taking his hand. His lazy smile and a squeeze of my hand alerted me to my mistake. I lifted my chin in dignity, “This doesn’t mean I forgive you for this morning.”

“Of course not.” His lazy smile was still annoyingly plastered on his face.

“So why exactly do you have a horse?” I asked as the barn of the ranch home came into view. “And why is it in someone else’s home?”

“My grandparents use to own a farm back in Poland,” he said. “When I was little I use to go there during the summer and my grandfather would teach me to ride. When I got into my whole football career I bought him five beautiful stallions but kept one. There was just something about Cindy that called to my childhood.” Lukas shrugged and I gazed intently at him, fascinated by another piece of the puzzle of Lukas’s life. “Anyway, I couldn’t exactly take her to Munich so the Berlitz said that she could stay on their ranch.” As he said that they saw a couple wave at them from the porch of the ranch. Lukas steered me to the Berlitz where they made the introductions and chatted a few minutes before Lukas and I left for the barn.

“Why name a horse Cindy? Seems a bit plain to me,” I said curiously as Lukas opened the barn door.

Lukas grinned, “It’s short for Cinderella--don’t look at me like that, my mom named her. It fitted so we never bothered to change it.” I was giggling as he pulled me to the last stall where a stunning black horse stood. As soon as she saw Lukas she neighed and quickly moved to the door of her stall, eager for Lukas to come closer. Lukas stretched out his hand and pet her, softly whispering how beautiful and a good horse she was.

“She’s beautiful,” I said stretching my hand slowly for her to sniff and get acquainted with me. “But I still don’t get the reference to Cinderella.” Lukas opened the door and confidently led the happy looking horse out of the stall and that was when I understood. The horse was as black as midnight except for one area. Her right leg up to about her ankle was snow white and it almost looked like Cindy had one slipper one. “Clever,” I told Lukas as I ran my hand over Cindy, smoothing away the knots in the muscles.

“Don’t tell my mother that, we don’t want her getting ideas,” Lukas replied walking over to the gear next to the stable. I watched in captivation as he smoothly began saddling Cindy. I never took my gaze from his beautiful smiling face as he soothed the horse and lifted the heavy saddle over it’s back. Lukas’s muscles tensed and flexed as he fastened the endless buckles and ties. Within a few minutes the horse was ready to go out for a ride. Lukas put his foot in the strap and lifted himself effortlessly in the saddle as I moved back.

“I’ll see you at your parent’s after your ride,” I told him tucking a stray hair behind my ear. “Have fun.”

“Oh no you don’t.” Lukas leaned down and looked straight into my eyes. “You’re coming with me.”

*Lukas POV*

Reyna’s lavender eyes widened but she kept her cool, “And where exactly would I sit?” Grinning, I patted the spot right in front of me. She had the nerve to lift her eyebrow in question and I bite my lip to keep from laughing as she shook her head, “I don’t think so Lukas. Cindy can’t carry us both.”

“She’s a strong horse. Now climb up.” I was going to enjoy this ride through the forest.

Reyna was being stubborn today declining once again, “Have a lovely time but I am not coming.” She then began to walk out of the barn and I nudged Cindy into a trot beside her. She stared straight ahead and tried to ignore me but I saw the way the corner of her lips had lifted up slightly.

“You know you are going to be on this horse one way or another so you might as well save us both the trouble,” I sighed, expertly maneuvering Cindy away from some boxes piled at the entrance of the barn.

“You aren’t going to win this time.” She never looked at me just made her way towards the road that would led her back to my parents.

“Last chance,” I warned.

“No thank you,” was her reply. I reined in Cindy and gazed at my lovely wife in tight jeans that had me daydreaming about something completely different than what I was about to do. She looked back once through her lashes. That look undid me and I kicked Cindy into a gallop. Before Reyna could run or even scream, I leaned down and plucked her from the sidewalk and seated her in front of me.

“Lukas!” she gasped in a breathless tone as she wrapped her arms around my middle and held on as Cindy galloped passed the houses and plunged into the forest. I weaved our way through the forest with calculated pressures to Cindy and let the feel of Reyna in my arms take over. She felt so soft and warm, her shoulder leaning into my chest as I kept her from falling and hair streaming behind us like a banner. Reyna laughed with such abandonment and joy that I couldn’t help but join her.

“I should have known that you would get your way,” Reyna said lifting her head from my shoulder.

I smirked, “You don’t have to act so mad, I’m sure you always wanted someone to sweep you off your feet.”

*Reyna POV*

I smiled as I listen to the conversation that Lukas was having with an elderly couple on the streets of the town. After our wonderful ride through the forest Lukas had insisted on taking me to town to show me around. We had eaten at the little restaurant on Main Street and then window shopped along the smaller streets where I had bought a few little souvenirs for my brother and parents. Lukas had left me to try on some clothes at one of the boutiques and came back with a bouquet of red roses. I had blushed and thanked him, finding it strange to think that this small gesture was sending tingles down my spine in a way that Matt’s thousand dollar jewelry that he bought me couldn’t.

When Lukas was done with his conversation he came back towards me and put his arm around my shoulder.

“Sorry about that,” he said taking the bags that I had been carrying. I mumbled a thank you and fought the urge to purr under his touch. I kept wondering what we were to each other. Lukas treated me like his wife outside for the world and sometimes even in private, did it mean he like me? He certainly responded to the kisses that I initiated but I wasn’t sure if he just liked kissing or if it was just me that he liked kissing? Things it seemed were getting complicated fast. The whole fake marriage thing was messing with my head. Then a terrifying thought entered my mind, what if he didn’t want me at the end of the set period? What if I got a divorce? I don’t want to leave him, I thought desperately.

“Are you alright Reyna?” Lukas hugged me closer in concern.

“I’m fine,” I replied glancing away from his all knowing eyes. Don’t give up, I yelled at myself. “I was thinking how sad I’ll be when we leave tonight.” It was the truth just not the one I had been thinking about a second ago. I was going to miss the fresh air of the mountains and forest, the little cottage, Lukas’s fun- loving family, and even Cindy. But I think what I was going to miss most was waking up to find Lukas in my bed. It had felt wonderful to open my eyes in the warm and safe embrace of Lukas and his loving smile.

“We’ll come back…um…maybe before you have to leave for Chicago,” he ended awkwardly. I knew that it wasn’t going to happen. “Are you finished with your shopping?” Lukas asked changing the subject back to something safe.

“Yes, I think we should get back to your parent’s,” I replied. “Your mother might want help with supper.”

“She’ll be alright, we just have one more stop to make,” Lukas said mysteriously as he steered me down one of the less crowded streets.

“Where are you taking me?” I asked my heart starting to beat faster.

“Do you remember all those weeks ago when we were playing Clue?” He said evading my question.

“Yes.” It had been one of the many nights at the beginning of your strange relationships in which we had stayed in at his house and worked on my German, played, and got to know each other. “What about it?”

“What did we talk about?” I frowned and thought back on that particular night. I recalled us discussing my family and his, along with our favorite holiday, and the craziest thing that we had ever done. Oh no he wouldn’t, I thought but my mouth dropped open for the second time that day as we rounded the corner. Yes he would. That night my answer had been marrying him. When he had pushed for something more unique I had nothing to tell him because I was not wild and had never done anything truly insane. Lukas had replied that by the time I left for Chicago again I would have drunk German beer, danced at a club, flirted like a pro, and…gotten a tattoo.

“Lukas I can’t!” I cried, moving away from him. He grabbed my hand and forced me into the tattoo parlor.

“You’ve done everything else,” Lukas smirked that evil smirk of his that made my toes curl in pleasure. “The last thing on the list is a tattoo and I don’t think there’s a better time then now.”

“You are crazy if you think I’m going to do this Lukas Podolski,” I answered back.

“Don’t you tilt that adorable chin at me, you’re doing this.” I should have been startled that my chin had gone up in defiance and that Lukas realized what it meant but all I could think of was that he thought it was adorable.

“What will you do if I do this?” I said finally, knowing that he was going to get his way just like that morning. I might was well get something in return while we were at this.

“Pardon?”

“If I get a tattoo, than what do I get?”

“What do you want?” Lukas took a step towards me. We were standing just a few feet from each other in the parlor full of people and all I could see was him.

A kiss, all I want is too feel your lips on mine! But I didn’t say that, “You have to get a tattoo as well.”

“That’s it? Alright, I’ll do it,” Lukas said moving to the counter where a man tattooed everywhere visible was standing watching us. “Now quit stalling and get over here.” I walked to his side where the scary tattoo man was already grinning like a little boy after realizing that he was about to tattoo Lukas Podolski and his wife. We found our tattoos in no time. Lukas had selected a bold looking sun that fit him perfectly: adventurous, warm, and loving. I found a moon crescent that spoke to my quiet and calm nature. Lukas and I were complete opposites just like our tattoos and maybe just like them we could never be together. After all, the sun came up when the moon left. Stop being so melancholy, I told myself as Lukas settled down on the chair and I moved to stand next to him.

“Nervous?” I asked. We could have gotten our tattoos done at the same time but Lukas had insisted he wanted to me near me when I had mine done. I was secretly glad because I wanted him near me when they did it as I was most definitely nervous.

“Not really,” he replied. Lukas and I had agreed to get the tattoos in the same place, on the inside of our right wrists. It was to remind each other of our time together, although I knew that I would never forget it regardless. As the artist picked up his equipment and took Lukas’s hand, Lukas grabbed mine with his free one. As the artist began his work I couldn’t help studying Lukas’s face for any signs of pain. There was none but the way he held my hand like he wasn’t going to let go was not reassuring. I gave him a little smile and tried to distracted him by talking. The artist was done in no time as the tattoo was pretty tiny, only a little smaller than a penny. He wrapped the tattoo to protect it and told Lukas not to take it off for twenty-four hour and to kept it out of water for a while. Then it was my turn to sit down. My heart was beating very fast and I was so anxious that my palms were getting warm. This is going to hurt, I thought. Lukas’s hand took mine gently and gave me a squeeze of reassurances. The artist finished all the pre-drawing and then picked up the needle. My hand tighten around Lukas’s and I closed my eyes. I took a deep breath and as I let it out I felt the needle touch my skin. I bite my tongue in anticipation for the agony. When it never came I cautiously opened one and then two eyes. That was it, I thought. It pinched a bit and was a little uncomfortable but nothing to the point of wanting to cry.

Lukas’s laughter cut into my thoughts, “You should see your face.”

“I thought it would hurt,” I said dumbly which only made him laugh harder. “Stop laughing at me!” I wanted to hit him but sat still for the artist as he continued his work. “Did it hurt you?”

“Not one bit.”

“But you acted like it did!”

“Any person would to have you smile and try to comfort them,” Lukas winked.

“You are horrible!” I said giving him a face but laughing inside. “When I get out of this chair you are in so much trouble!”

*Lukas POV*

“Thanks for everything mom,” I said as I enfolded her into a hug. After Reyna had finished with her tattoo, we had returned to my parent’s house for a huge supper that my mother had insisted on cooking. We had all left that table at least ten pounds heavier and Reyna and I had gone upstairs to pack as it was time to get back to Munich. Reyna had work the next day and I had football practice early in the morning. Reyna was still getting together her things but I had gone to put my bags in the car and say goodbye to my parents.

“It was nothing dear,” my mother said patting my back. “It was wonderful to finally meet her and I’m not as mad about you marrying her without us.” I chuckled. “Although I think that you should have another ceremony with everyone present. I could start planning it right now. I’ll call Penny for the dress, Kenneth for the food, oh and of course the flowers I’ll get from Mrs. F--.”

“Slow down mom,” I said stepping back from her arms. “Let’s talk about this another time.”

“Okay, but I won’t forget so don’t think you can get away that easily,” She wagged her finger.

“Wouldn’t dream of it.”

My mom just smiled and gave me another huge hug, “Reyna is the perfect girl for you Lukas. You belong together so don’t you dare let her go.” I swallowed hard, not knowing what else to do I nodded my head. Giving me a last peck on the cheek, she released me and went back inside to find Reyna.

“Goodbye son,” my father said slapping me on the shoulder. “You be careful and kick Liverpool’s ass on Wednesday. I have money on you.”

“Sure thing dad,” I replied cheerfully.

He nodded his head, deep in thought and turned to go before stopping, “A woman to tolerate is a hard thing to find Lukas. Finding a woman that you could spend all your time watching and listening to is even rarer. Don’t be scared of love and to fight for something that looks hopeless.” Turning my father left me alone to contemplate his words.

*Reyna POV*

I had just zipped up my bag when Lukas’s mother entered the room.

“Hello dear, just came to see if you needed help.”

“I’m fine thank you,” I answered. “I would like to thank you for a lovely weekend and accepting me into your lovely home.”

“Nonsense my dear,” she said, waving her hands dismissively. “You’re family now and that’s what family does.” She took my hands in hers and looked deeply into my eyes. “I’m so glad that Lukas married you. Believe me when I say that I wouldn’t have let anyone take my baby’s heart and let him give this ring.” She place her index on the delicate family ring.

“I told Lukas not to give it to me,” I blushed. “But he insisted.”

“He was right to. It belongs to you.” She smiled. “You and Lukas are going to have a wonderful life together--not without the occasional bumps mind you--but I can already tell that it’s going to last. “

“You’re too kind Mrs. Podolski,” I said unable to look into her eyes.

“Call me Krystyna honey,” she said with a smile. “I don’t think we need to stand on ceremony anymore.”

“I…” I had no words. I felt horrible inside for lying to her, this wonderful woman that now had a place in my heart along with everything and everyone Lukas had introduced me to in the past two days.

His mother didn’t give me a chance to say anything, she folded me into her arms. I stiffened in shock and then the tension left. My mother had never hugged me like this. Always she had just patted my hair or my shoulder as her Channel perfume chocked my nostrils. With Lukas’s mother it was so different. I inhaled the smell of the outdoors mixed with the kitchen and I felt peace settle over me as Krystyna’s motherly spirit held me tight.

“No matter what happens my dear you will always have a place here and if you ever need anything do not hesitate to call,” Lukas’s mother stepped back and smiled warmly at me.

“Thank you,” I whispered as I tried not to cry at the emotion lumped in my throat. The sound of the honk from outside alerted us of Lukas’s impatience.

“That boy needs to calm down, I haven’t locked you up anywhere to keep you here,” his mother joked as we both laughed. I picked up my luggage and made my way downstairs. Lukas’s father was by the door and I said my goodbyes. I shouldn’t have been shocked when he gave me a hug but I just wasn’t use to this much affection.

“Safe journey home my dear daughter,” he said in his deep voice. I very nearly cried but managed not to at the love that surrounded these amazing individuals and that they extended to all.

“Thank you for a wonderful weekend.”

“We await your next visit with impatience.” He let me go and carried my bag outside and put it in the trunk of Lukas’s Ferrari. “Perhaps next time you will play some poker with me and Lukas.”

“It would be my honor sir,” I answered as I got into the car with Lukas.

He nodded before turning his eye on Lukas, “Don’t drive so slow on the way home or else you won’t make it there till tomorrow.”

“Will do dad,” Lukas said with a smirk directed my way. I groaned and put my seatbelt on.

It was going to be a crazy ride back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry took some time to get out i was busy!
Hope you are all happy about her ending up on him;)
Comments please:D