I Woke up Next to Lukas Podolski and Holy Crap We're Married

Hope

*Lukas POV*
I hadn’t slept well that night and with the game on my mind as well as my pending divorce I gave up trying to sleep around four in the morning. I got up and was disorientated for a second before I remembered that I was in the guest room on the second floor. I had mastered enough courage to sleep up here and ignore most of the lingering memories of my traitorous wife but I still couldn’t sleep in my bed. I had laid in it yesterday intent on banishing the tension in it but swore I still smelled her perfume on the pillows and covers and had had to admit defeat and retire to the guest room. Strolling across the hall, I put on a pair of sweat pants, not bothering with a shirt as I thought about the bills that had came the day before. One had been from my credit card that I had given Reyna to buy her clothes and accessories for the charity event. I had told her to spend no less than one thousand dollars but the bill before me said she only spent about six hundred. What did that say about her and the person that had cruelly left me? Knowing I needed to take out my frustrations I went into the room where my gym equipment was ignoring the flutter in my heart when I saw the tread mill where Reyna had ran while I tried to convince her to meet my parents.
Reminded of them I recalled that my parents had called me many times over the last weeks presumably to ask about the rumors circulating on TV but I hadn’t bothered to answer. I knew that I couldn’t put them off much longer, knowing my mother she was just days away from driving here to get the truth out of me.
I lay on my back and started doing weights, turning my thoughts on the phone call I had received late last night from my lawyer. He had told me that Reyna wanted nothing from my millions and that he had finished drawing up the papers. My lawyer had faxed me a copy which I was to sign and that same piece of paper was waiting Reyna when she returned to the States today with her own lawyer. I didn’t understand why she wanted nothing. It was something that the old her would have done but not the malicious Reyna I had seen embracing Matt.
I was so confused about her mixed personality but also battered down the feeling of fury at the thought that she was most likely going to sign those papers without thought and marry that bastard fiancé of hers within days. I, on the other hand, still hadn’t put pen to paper, which was stupid. I should just sign it and forget everything that had happened in the last few months so why didn’t I? Why did part of my soul cling to Reyna so tightly?
Not wanting to think of it too closely I worked my arm muscles hard letting the glorious pain drive away contemplations I didn’t need to be making. I did push ups and sit ups afterwards along with a mile run that felt good but no more because of the possibility that I would play today. Although I wasn’t sure that was going to happen after my sulking around for weeks and the not so friendly way I had left my teammates yesterday.
Bastian hadn’t called me but I had received I few angry messages from Sarah. Glancing at the clock I saw it was seven so I wondered into the kitchen and got a bowl of cereal for breakfast. I had just rinsed out the dishes when I heard the door bell ring. I frowned, not knowing who it could be since anyone I knew would have just walk right into the house without bothering with formalities. The door sung open to reveal a face I hadn’t expected to see.
“Monika?” I said out loud as she gave me a seductive smile and slithered into my house making sure to brush her well endowed breasts against my chest.
“Hello sweetheart.” Monika took her coat off to reveal a short skirt and tank top. Who wore those kinds of clothes in the middle of November? “I had heard you were feeling better and wanted to stop by to make sure.”
“Thanks, that was very kind of you.” I didn’t invite her further into my house really confused as to why she was here.
“You certainly look fine.” Her hungry eyes took in my shirtless form and I shifted uncomfortably.
“Why are you here Monika?” I asked getting to the heart of the matter. She didn’t answer me just moved forward so that we were standing very close.
“I want you back of course; I said so plenty of times.” Her long manicured finger traced a trail on my bare skin but I caught her claw before she went lower then my belly button.
“What are you talking about?” She had the nerve to move closer to me and nuzzle my neck.
“With that girl out of the way we can finally be together again.”
I broke away from her grasp and narrowed my blue eyes, “I am not coming back to you.”
Monika looked like I had punched her in the stomach at my announcement, “But now you are free—.”
“Yes but I am never coming back to you,” I said slowly so that she wouldn’t mistaken my words. Had she really imagined that I would crawl back to her after Reyna and I broke up? “We had are chance and it’s over now.”
“But I helped you expose the liar she was and gave you time to recuperate,” she snarled at me.
“And I thank you for it,” I replied calmly which seemed to make her madder.
“After all the work I put into to get you back you are going to dump me!? No one dumps me!” Monika screamed her blonde hair fly around her enraged face. I wasn’t about tell her that we hadn’t been back together in the first place for me to dump her but held my tongue.
“I’m sorry Monika,” I apologized for no reason but Monika pushed her way past me.
“You were not worth my effort Lukas and I am going to find myself a real man not a pussy like you!” Monika declared as she wrenched open the door.
“Best of luck,” I called out to her retreating back and got the finger for my troubles. I grinned despite myself at Monika’s silliness but then I wondered…what efforts and work had she been talking about?
*Reyna POV*
I quickly moved about Teresa’s hotel room gathering my things. I was doing last minute packing because yesterday my heart had not been in it. After the last scene had been officially shot and filming had wrapped up I had gone straight upstairs and cried my heart out over my divorce. Never had I pictured my life going so horribly wrong. That morning I had woken up resigned to my fate, Lukas and I were over.
I was in no way recovered but I wasn’t going to spend my whole life waiting for something that wasn’t going to happen, Lukas at least had taught me to be strong. I was determined in not letting the small part of my heart that wasn’t broken by Lukas to waste way. This situation had made me stronger and wiser, from this I had learned to live my life for me and not on the whims of others.
I folded the last of my clothes and tried not to dwell on the moon tattoo on my wrist. Not wanting to dive back into painful memories I put some bangles on my wrist that went well with my outfit of a tan colored dress and purple overcoat. Purple, I thought of Lukas. I was about to rip it off my shoulders when Teresa walked out of the bathroom. Not wanting her to see that I was still paranoid over certain things that connected to Lukas I left the cotton coat on.
“All set?” she asked. “Our flight leaves at two but we should head to the airport now.”
“I’m ready,” I replied. I grabbed my suitcase and two other of my bags and walked out into the hall followed by Teresa. Once in the lobby, I let her check us out as I waited off beyond range of the cameras from the press at the front door. Most of the crew and actors were leaving now or already at the airport where we were all going to catch the flight to Chicago. I looked down at my watch to see that it was eleven when I heard a commotion at the front entrance. I looked up to find all the WAGs that had become my friends during my stay in Germany. Marta and Sarah led the group of women that had all the paparazzi going crazy at the door and cameras flashing as they tried to capture pictures of them entering the hotel.
“Thank god you are still here!” Sarah cried in relief when she saw me.
“We thought for sure we had missed you,” added Marta with a smile.
“What are you all doing here?” I asked smiling widely for the first time in what felt like years.
“You thought we were going to let you leave without saying goodbye first?” Wahiba shook her head as the girls surrounded me.
“I just thought that since I’m no longer one of you…” I trialed off.
“Ridiculous!” yelled Lena.
“You will always be our friend Reyna,” said Dione taking my hand and giving it a motherly squeeze of affection.
“And friends call each other even if they are all the way on the other side of the Atlantic,” stated Andra handing me a piece of paper.
I gazed questioningly at the kindest women in the world and Sylwia responded, “It’s all our phone numbers so that we can keep in touch.”
“Sarah already gave us yours but we wanted you to be able to call us for whatever reason,” Marta confessed.
“Gossip, troubles, whatever it is we are all there,” Gwendolyn grinned at me with her sparkling eyes.
“I don’t know what to say,” I replied looking at the women that had made up a part of my family for a time. I was so chocked up in emotion from their gesture and the sisterly love in each and every one of their gazes. “I am going to miss you all so much!”
I hugged them all as they echoed my words. It was the hardest to say goodbye to Sarah who had been there at the beginning and was like the sister I never had.
“Call me anytime,” Sarah sniffled as we pulled apart.
“Same goes to you.” I gave her a pitiful smile. “If you are ever in Chicago look me up.” She nodded and let me go as I looked at all the women. “That goes to all of you.”
We hugged again and laughed together before I took my things and walked towards Teresa who was patiently waiting for me. I composed myself and walked outside to the taxi, not wanting the last image the paparazzi capture of me to be that of a miserable and rejected woman. Once I was inside the cab I was surprised to hear a familiar voice.
“Where to young ladies?” asked the same driver that had driven me away from the horrible scene in the park.
“You again,” I couldn’t help blurting out.
He turned his head and grinned at me, “Good to see you looking better Miss. Did everything work out like I said?”
I shook my head sadly at him, “No.”
“I’m sorry to hear that,” he replied real caring in his voice. “But there is still time.”
“Unfortunately no,” I said leaning back in the seat and ignoring the cameras and screaming questions from the mob outside and Teresa’s serious look. “I’m leaving the country today. The airport is where we are heading.”
The driver easily dodged the press and we were on our way to the airport when he said, “Don’t give up hope Miss.”
“Umm, Reyna?” Teresa elbowed me in the side as she leaned in and whispered. “Do you know this driver or something?”
“Yeah,” I responded distractedly focused on his words.
“His name?”
“I don’t really know,” I raised my voice to the driver’s back. “I never introduced myself that day, I’m Reyna.”
“George is the name Miss,” the driver replied with a lopsided grin.
“It’s nice to meet you George,” I looked over to Teresa to see if I could go back to talking. “But as I am filing for divorce I don’t think hope is left.”
I don’t know what made me confide in a stranger, maybe it was the fact that he had been there when it was all crumbling down and had helped me through it or if it was just because there was a twinkle in his eyes that I trusted.
“With all due respect Miss Reyna, there is always hope.”
*Lukas POV*
“Lukas can I talk to you?”
“Sure coach,” I replied tying my shoe and jogging over to Klinsmann as the rest of the guys continued to get dressed. Kick off was minutes away and the nerves and excitement was starting to kick in for everyone.
“I want the honest truth Lukas, if I start you can I count on you?” He fixed me with a searching gaze as I nodded.
“You can sir.” I needed to help my team to victory today and be a footballer again. “I know I’ve let the team and you down in the last month but I can do this. Let me prove it to you.”
“We all understood why you had to sit out but it’s not me you have to prove yourself to but your teammates.” I thanked Klinsmann as he left to give last minute pointers to all the guys. I went back to getting dressed as I was ignored by all the guys. They weren’t happy with me and seemed to not have forgiven me about my outburst yesterday.
“You know she’s leaving today at two.” Bastian walked next to me as we exited the tunnel, the only person to have spoken to me today besides coach.
I didn’t have to ask who ‘she’ was. “It doesn’t matter.”
Bastian just shook his head at me like he was done trying to make me see sense and walked away. I was saddened to see that there was disappointment in his eyes not anger which would have been better at the moment. The whistle blew and the first half of the Champions League Final was under way. I wasn’t on the field long before I realized that my teammates had some arrangement with each other not to pass me the ball. I was wide open on the left side of the field when Luca passed the ball to Miroslav who had two defenders on his tail.
Pissed I jogged over to Luca, “What the hell was that?! I was open!”
“You shouldn’t be here.” Luca didn’t even meet my eyes but glanced over me and concentrated on the game. Again the pig headedness of my so called friends continued and it cost us a chance at a goal against Real Madrid when I found myself clear of defenders but Bastian—Bastian of all people!—passed to Franck who was neatly dispossessed.
“Pass me the damn ball!” I kept my fisted hand to my side as I confronted Bastian.
“You shouldn’t be here,” he repeated the words from Luca.
“What are you doing?!” screamed Klinsmann getting angry at his teams total descent into anarchy.
Even the Real Madrid players were catching on that I was not a threat and paid little attention to me. Fifteen more minutes passed in this fashion before I snapped. When Thomas wouldn’t pass me the ball I went to get it from him.
“Pass me the ball or I’ll tackle you,” I warned as we stood at a stand still. I swear the Real Madrid players were all laughing at the strange standoff.
“You shouldn’t be here,” Thomas echoed the words that I had been hearing all afternoon.
“So I’ve heard, now pass the ball.” Thomas ignored me and kicked it over to Bastian. Klinsmann was yelling at us from the sidelines but no one paid him any attention.
“Fuck!” I swore, seriously contemplating tackling one of my friends to get some playing time. The next minute Sergio Ramos managed to get a header into our net.
“Come on Lukas get in the game,” cried my coach as I ran past him to get the ball from Xabi Alonso.
“I’ll trying,” I growled back. It was a total disaster!
When the whistle finally blew for half time I was fuming.
“Are you happy?” I yelled at my teammates in the locker room and away from prying eyes.
“Are you Lukas?” countered Bastian.
“I’d be happy if I got the ball once in a god damn while,” I replied wanting to hit something.
“How long will that happiness last? A day? A week?” Luca shook his head at me in disgust. “You’re letting your real happiness leave in little more than an hour!”
“You should be with Reyna not here!” Miroslav pointed at me in accusation.
“I’m done hearing about my personal business.” I threw my hands out, giving up. “Once we get back on the field lets act professionally and win.”
I walked out of the locked room, not wanting another lecture. Leaning my back against the wall I ran a hand through my hair in frustration.
“Lukas.” I looked up to find Sarah quickly walking towards me. Before I could greet her she slapped me hard across the check.
“What the hell?” I cried out at the abuse and placed a hand over the stinging cheek.
She ignored my outburst, “I really thought you were smarter than you’ve been acting this month—.”
“I don’t want to hear another word,” I held my hand up to stop her but she gave me a look as fierce as a tiger and I fell silent.
“Reyna never betrayed you! She went to the park because her mother tricked her and then Matt kissed her when she had said that she didn’t want him. Reyna loves you Lukas! It was all some sort of twisted plan and you can’t get your head out of your ass for one second to think it through!” Sarah was breathing hard after her speech and for some reason her words took affect.
Could Monika have been talking about this plan? Could she have teamed up with Matt to break Reyna and I up? I rubbed my chin as I thought back to the day and the phone call she had made to me. Was it all coincidence that Monika had led me to the park at the exact time to spot Matt kissing Reyna? Reyna had not been struggling in his arms but could it be because he was holding her too tightly?
My brain went through all the questions and replayed the scene in my mind. For once I went through the events as a detached third person, letting me dissect and process the scene in a new way. The words my father had told me so long ago came back to me over and over again: Don’t be scared of love and to fight for something that looks hopeless.
“My god!” I hit my forehead. “Reyna never betrayed me! She loves me!”
I could have kissed Sarah at that moment but my team came out of the locker room and walked out onto the football field without one look at me. I gave Sarah a quick hug and jogged behind them after glancing at the clock.
Only an hour till Reyna left and was lost to me forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
~ Merry early Christmas! Hope you enjoyed your present from me:D
~ Come on guys, i couldn't let Lukas not see the truth. But the question is can he catch her?
~ Note: The game is a fake one that i made up.
~ Comments please=*)