I Woke up Next to Lukas Podolski and Holy Crap We're Married

Footballer's Wives

*Reyna POV*
Two weeks had passed since my drunken marriage and things were starting to settle into a routine. I woke around six during the weekday, ate breakfast and then Lukas would drive me to work. At work, I would spend my days hopping from job to job. Some days I would help Fanny with the costume designs and others I would work with the screenwriters, which was my favorite task. Lukas would then pick me up around two, or three and would go home. Our evenings were spent watching movies, eating diner and playing board games. It turned out that we were both crazy about them and would sometimes play late into the night. It was also a good time for us to learn things about each other. I learned about Lukas’ start as a soccer player, his deep family connection, and other random things. During our late nights, Lukas would help me learn German. He never asked why I was doing it since I wouldn’t need it after we divorced, of which I was glad because I didn’t know the answer. Then we would part ways and I would try to write a bit of my novel before falling asleep.

On the weekend, Lukas had gone to England on an away match leaving me alone in Germany. I was a bit afraid but he told me I could use his car and that he would call around eight. Luckily I wasn’t bored, Sarah came over and we went on a shopping spree and ate dinner together. On Sunday, I had gone to hangout with Julia and Denis, having become good friends with them. After Julia’s initial shock at learning I was Lukas’ wife, she couldn’t stop asking me questions about him and how we had meet. I told her some of it but never the part of our strange marriage.

It was now Friday night, Lukas and I were sitting in the living room with Kingdom of Heaven playing on the TV. We were playing chess and I was failing horrible at it. “So what is your favorite flower?” Lukas asked as he moved his tower. I tried to concentrate on the question and the game but was getting nowhere. Lukas was in front of me sitting with his back against the sofa and his long legs out before him. His arms were folded behind his head and he was watching the movie but I could tell he was still paying attention to me. “A white rose,” I tell him as I moved the bishop, or pawn, I wasn’t quite sure. “What scares you?” “Hmm,” Lukas thought as he confidently moved his horse. “Bats.” I giggled, “Alright then Batman.” He shot me a look, “I’m serious they scare the crap out of me, I always think their going to turn into vampires. Stop laughing! Okay so…What is your favorite book?” I moved my tower up four squares, “I have too many. But if I had to choose one I’d say… Twilight.” “You’re just mean! Picking a book with vampires,” he said with a fake look of horror. I smiled and laughed at his dramatic face, “What’s a country you have to see before you die?” He moved his queen and then looked up into my eyes, “I’ve been to all the countries I wanted to visit but if I could go back to one, it would have to be Italy, most beautiful country I’ve been in. My question is…what is one of your dreams.”

“To finish my novel and have it published,” I told him. Moving his queen close to my king he said, “Check mate. You never told me you were writing a book. What’s it about?” His eyes were looking into mine with such interest that I almost cried. Yes I know, very weird reaction but when I had told my parents they had brushed me off and Matt had told me that was nice and had changed the subject back to him. Lukas must have seen my eyes get wet because he rushed to my side and wrapped me into his powerful arms tucking my head under his chin, “I’m sorry did I saw something wrong?” “No,” I tell him once I get the word past the lump in my throat. “You said something wonderful.” I wasn’t crying but he didn’t let go of me and continued to run his fingers through my hair, “So what is it about?” “It’s a retelling of Robin Hood,” I squeak as his hand moves to my neck and collarbone. He tilts my head towards him and his lips move to hover inches from mine. His blue eyes smoldered but he suddenly releases me and turns his head away from mine. Standing he moves away, “I have to get to bed, I’ve got a match tomorrow. Goodnight, Reyna.” I sat frozen on the floor for a few minutes before clearing the game and running upstairs into my room.

Sitting on my bed I start to write a few sentences for my novel but my mind kept wondering. I was damn sure that he had been about to kiss me but why had he stopped?

*Lukas POV*

I paced angrily. Why the hell had I taken her into my arms? A better question is, why does she affect me like no other woman can? Usually I was good at controlling the relationship and never getting in too deep but with Reyna caution was thrown out the window. Whenever I was near her all I wanted to do was kiss her or touch her. All I wanted was for her to give me a smile or look at me. Damn, I thought, don’t get attached! I had gotten close to kissing her a few minutes ago but had gotten myself under control in the nick of time. I took my shirt off and toss it onto a chair. Still pacing, I ran my hand through my hair. The sound of my phone’s ring tone interrupted my thoughts. Finding it next to my soccer ball, I check the caller ID. “Bastian, do you have any idea what time it is?” I said into the phone. “Yes I do but you didn’t answer my earlier calls so it’s your fault,” Bastian said on the other end. “What is it then?” “Tomorrow, is Reyna coming to the game?” he asked. “No,” I said as I sat in my chair. “Well you might want to ask her to come.” “And why is that?” “Because people are starting to talk! You’re a new couple but no one ever see you guys out together and besides it’s a home game and most of the wives and girlfriends attend. I’d be weird if she didn’t.” “That’s why you called me?” “Yes! You guys have to keep up appearances.” “Alright I’ll ask her. I’ll see you tomorrow.” Hanging up, I glance at the clock, knowing I should get to bed. I stripped to my boxers and slipped under the covers. I toss and turn knowing that sleep was not going to come easily.

*Reyna POV*

I wake to the sound of thunder and lightning illuminating my room. I flinch as another boom echoed through the sky. I hate storms, I think. I spend the next few minutes wide awake as the storm continued to rage outside. That’s it, I thought. I get up and grab a sweatshirt from the floor. Pulling it on, I quietly go down to the kitchen intending to have a late night snack. Not able to find the light switch but still able of see in the dark, I make my way to the cookie jar. With it safely under my arm, I climb onto the counter and start to nibble on one of the delicious cookies. I looked up as a flash outlined the room and spotted the shape of a man near the door. Instinctually, I chuck the jar at the shape and scream. Leaping off the counter I saw the person duck the flying cookies and move towards me. Not knowing what else to do, I try to make a run for it while screaming for Lukas. I had just moved a few paces before the unidentified person grabbed me around the waist and tackled me gentle to the ground. “You’ll not take me alive,” I yell while pounding their shoulder. Hands took hold of mine and lifted them over my head.

“For the love of god Reyna! It’s me,” said a voice above me.
“Lukas,” I said in a small voice as I recognized him. “Yes,” he said as he let go of me and went to turn on the lights. “What are you doing down here?” I ask standing up and turning away from him so he wouldn’t see my flushed face. “The same thing you are miss ‘you’ll not take me alive’,” he replied with a huge grin, I could tell he was trying not to laugh. “You’re horrible,” I tell him. “Hey! I’m the one that got a jar full of cookies thrown at their head,” Lukas said as he bent down and gathered the ruined cookies from the floor. “At least the jar is plastic.” I didn’t know what to do so I stood there with my hands folded. I jumped when there was another boom and took an involuntarily step towards Lukas. Moving to the fridge, he took out a big piece of cake and then two forks, “Come on.”

We went into the living room and sat closely on one of the sofas and shared the cake. As we ate Lukas turned to me, “Are you doing anything tomorrow?” I shook my head since my mouth was full of chocolaty goodness. Shyly, he rubbed the back of his neck with his hand, “Would you come to my game? Bastian said that we’re arousing suspicion because we’re never out.” “Sure. I’d love to,” I said giving his hand a squeeze. “Thanks and I was thinking that we should have a few days a week where we go out ,so that people think we’re a normal famous couple,” he said as he took another bite. “Whatever you say! You’re the boss,” I said looking over at him. “When do we leave?” “I’ll call Bastian and ask if you can get a ride with Sarah so you’ll know where to go. Most likely we’ll leave around eleven.” “Okay. I better get back to bed. Thanks for the cake and sorry for…the thing in the kitchen.” I walked out of the room, not seeing the smile on Lukas’ lips.

The next morning I woke around ten ,took a shower and dressed in a dark blue jeans, white strapless top and my high heeled, black boots. I took my purse and leather jacket from my bed and headed downstairs. Lukas was lunging in the living room watching some soccer news. “Good morning,” I said as I sat next to him. “Morning to you too. I called Bastian and they should be here in a few minutes,” Lukas said looking over at me. “Okay. I’m just gonna get a granola bar, do you want something?” I asked entering the kitchen. “No thanks, I can never eat before a game.” As I came back, a honk sounded from outside. Lukas turned the TV off and snatched his bag. We both exited the house and I went over to Sarah. “Hello,” I tell her and Bastian. “Hey, how are you doing?” asked Bastian. “Fine,” I replied, knowing he was asking about the whole pretend marriage. Lukas came to stand next to me and told us, “I’ll drive with Bastian in my car and Sarah you can follow in yours with Reyna.” Since I knew that when we got to the stadium I wouldn’t be seeing Lukas because he had to park in a different section, I gave him a kiss on the cheek, “Good luck.” His eyes followed me as I got into the car and he didn’t move until Bastian hit him playfully in the head, “Come on Lukas! Lets go play some football!”

*Lukas POV*

We were in the tunnel waiting to go out onto the field. I heard some of my teammates joke around as they tried to loosen up before stepping onto the field. I stood concentrating on the game before me and on beating Manchester United. The team stood next to us inblue while we wore our home team shirts, red and white. I jumped up and down in place for a bit, trying to get my heart rate up, when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Turning, I saw that it was Rio Ferdinand, “Hey mate! Just wanted to congratulate you on your marriage, she’s a beauty.” I smiled, “Thanks.” I few more players from the Red Devils did the same before we headed out. My team and I walked proudly and confidently onto the pitch and listened to the UEFA Champions League anthem. I shook hands with my opponents and then jogged over to my respective side.

The crowd roared as our names were called out over the intercom and I scanned the crowd to see if I could spot Reyna. Luka (Toni) came over, “Concentrate lover boy!” “The whistle hasn’t even blown yet,” I retorted with a grin. My heart speed up as I realized that Reyna was here and that she was going to be watching me. I vowed not to disappoint her and that was when the whistle blew.

*Reyna POV*

It was insane! Every single person in the stadium was screaming and cheering, either on their feet or dancing. I loved it! It was so wonderful to see so many different people together. Sarah led me to our seats, which had a great view of the whole pitch. She introduced me to a few of the footballer’s wives and they each said hello and one even said, “Welcome to the club.” When the men came out all the women started to cheer and when I saw Lukas I joined in. The first half hour was uneventful with a few missed chances from both sides. Lukas shot twice but both went passed the net. I groaned with everyone else as the chances were missed. In the fortieth minute, Lukas got tackled roughly by Rooney. He stayed on the ground clutching his ankle as a stretcher was brought out. I stood with my hand over my mouth and looked down to make sure he was okay. Lukas refused the stretcher and walked to the side lines to get treated. Only when he got back in the game did I sit down. Sarah leaned over, “You know that you’re on the screen.” “What?” I said shocked and looked over. Sure enough there was my big face staring back at me. I turned away and tried to act normal. “Shit! Is it gone yet?” I ask Sarah, she chuckled as she nodded her head. The whistle blew halftime and the players went off into the locker rooms, it was still tied 0-0.

*Lukas POV*

“Come on guys! Pull yourself together,” grumbled Klinsmann as he walked back and forth down the aisle. I wiped my towel over my sweaty body and took my shirt off. Grabbing my water bottle I listen to my coach, “You’re playing their game when they should be playing ours. Willy, hold off Ronaldo, don’t let him get past you! And Luca get open for pit sakes!” He paced a few more steps, “Lukas your woman is watching so give her something to be impressed about!” Klinsmann gave us a few more pointers before we returned onto the pitch.

The next forty-five minutes were brutal, each side trying to get past the other. Tackles started to come harder and more often. By the ninetieth minute, we were all exhausted and both sides were down to ten men because of red cards. I ran down the center of the pitch and looked over to Bastian, seeing me open he passed the ball. With the way clear; I shot.

*Reyna POV*

I was on my feet with everyone else as the ball left Lukas’ foot and sailed over the keepers head to bury itself in the net. The crowed roar and jumped up and down. I turned and hugged Sarah as we both did a little dance, screaming in joy. “We won,” I screamed letting her go and turning to look down on the field. Lukas was running and kissed his ring. My face blushed and a huge smile spread across my face. He was dedicating his goal to me!!!

When everything calmed down, play restarted but a few seconds later the whistle announced that it was full time. Happy Bayern Munich fans started to file out the exits as Sarah led me down into the corridors to wait for our men. Bastian was the first to come out. He said that Lukas would be along in a few minutes and then they left. As I was waiting someone bumped into me. “Sorry,” the man said in broken German. “No problem,” I replied in English when I realized it was Cristiano Ronaldo. He was about to leave when he looked back at me, “You are Podolski’s wife?” “Yes,” I said staring at the tall Portuguese footballer. Teresa is never going to believe this, I think. He smiled seductively, “He is one lucky man.” Is he flirting with me? I wonder. As much as Cristiano was Godlike in everyway I still preferred Lukas, he made my heart beat faster while Ronaldo just made me feel sexy. “Thank you. I’m sorry but--,” I start to say but am cut off by Lukas. “Hello my love,” Lukas said and then ignoring Cristiano embraced me. His kiss as hard and angry but I still enjoyed it and it sent my heart fluttering. He broke the kiss and looked at Ronaldo with an expression of surprise, “Oh Ronaldo, I didn’t see you there.” Cristiano smiled a knowing smile--what exactly he knew I wasn’t sure-- and replied, “No problem. I was just having a chat with your wife. If you’ll excuse me, I have to go.” With that he was gone. “What was that for?” I whisper furiously as people walked by. Taking my hand in his, he pulled me towards the exit, “I didn’t like the way he was looking at you.” “You’re just jealous!” I accuse as we walk outside and into the waiting paparazzi. “I’m not!” he denied as he flashed the cameras a winning smile and dragged me along. “You’re just my wife for the time being and it wouldn’t be good to have people think you’re having an affair with him.” I snorted and got into the Ferrari.

The ride home was uncomfortable and silent. When we arrived home, Lukas complained of a headache and spent the rest of the evening in his room. I got a lot of work done in my novel and was about to call it a night and go to bed when my cell rang. “Hello,” I answered sleepily getting into bed. “Did you know you were on TV?!” said my excited little brother. “Yes,” I replied stifling a yawn. “That was so cool I nearly fell off the couch when I saw you…. Did you see that goal?….awesome…get a shirt…. REYNA!” “What?” I said jolting awake. “Have you been listing to me?” he asked annoyed. “I’m sorry John. I’m very tired, can I call you tomorrow?” “Sure, whatever Mrs. Podolski.” We hung up and I was asleep before the next minute passed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments:D:D:D:D