‹ Prequel: Pieces of Truth
Sequel: Nuclear Family
Status: Finished March 12, 2013. Check out Nuclear Family!

Sick of Me

I am on to you

The Network's album, Money Money 2020 dropped on Adeline Records on September 30th, thus starting something that Billie Joe and the guys had totally planned from the start. People were convinced that this band wasn't Green Day and had nothing to do with Green Day, while others were certain that it was clearly the band.

The six piece band that made up The Network was managed by John Roecker in a mustache, and they had done press conferences in their disguises consisting of duct tape suits and masks. I was amazed at how much buzz this was creating for the guys and our label, but I was even more surprised when Billie Joe's alter ego, Fink, came out and said some pretty tasteless things about Green Day.

Of course, the guys had all talked about this and decided it would work. Doctor S, or John, had said a few things about Billie Joe and started a rumor about Green Day saying they were The Network, which caused an uproar. The Network's website was filled with anti-Green Day quotes and sayings from their manager:

"Well, Mr. Hot Shot Punk God with the giant penis, just because you wrote Keep Them Separated and Endless Love, don't come screaming at us because we are young and hot. We're here to start a revolution, and either you are in or you are out."

"That potty mouthed, commie lead singer of theirs, Billy Jean Armstrong! Who does this guy think he is? Wow, he signed us to his record label! Wow, he gave us an insane advance that we used on buying Patrick Nagel paintings! Wow, he then got us signed to Warner's! We should be grateful because of this? I don't think so try harder buddy! You would sign A-Ha if you thought it would get you street cred back!"

After Doctor S said these things about him and his band, Billie Joe went on the offense, being quoted by MTV News as saying, "I just wanted to talk about the rumors and the bullshit that has been going on lately. All I gotta say is fuck The Network. These guys are totally spreading rumors. I try to do those guys a favor by bringing them to this country and putting out their record and this is how I get repaid, by talking shit about my band. Unfortunately there is a contract and I have to put out their record. The only thing I can say is fuck you, Network. Bring it on."

The entire situation was actually pretty interesting from my stand point. I knew that this was a carefully calculated stunt performed by the guys and I loved seeing that it was working out in their favor.

"Grace, I'm gonna need you to put on your hottest dress and your highest heels for the show on Saturday." Billie Joe had something up his sleeve, I just knew it.

"What are you talking about? I'm not going to the Network's show. It's in Los Angeles…" I looked at Billie quizzically as I braided Rita Mae's hair. She was going to spend the that night at her little friend Natalie's house that night, so it would be just me and Jack.

"You most definitely are. I'm taking Jack to mom's and she's gonna watch him. I've got plans for you."

He watched me in the bathroom mirror and I shook my head, telling him to go get Jack's stuff ready to go then. I could only imagine what he wanted me to do, but I figured it would be rather interesting and would only add fuel to the fire that was Green Day versus the Network.

"Momma, what are you gonna do?" Rita looked at me curiously as I rubber banded the end of the French braid I had just done.

"I don't really know. Your guess is as good as mine!"

Wearing the tightest, shortest, lowest-cut black dress in my closet and a pair of six inch bright red heels, I felt more than over the top as I walked in to the back stage area of the small venue called the Key Club.

Although it was November 22nd, I always forget how Los Angeles weather rarely changes. It was warm out, even at eight o'clock. I looked around for Billie Joe, surprised to find that he was already in costume. despite the show not starting until 9:30.

"So should I call you Fink?" I leaned into Billie Joe as I spoke quietly, watching him from my newly acquired height.

"What do you mean, sexy lady. I am Fink! And you know what? I'd like to take you to my hotel and have a throw down like you'd never believe. You'll be saying 'Billie Joe who?' when I'm finished with you."

Even through that black and white striped mask, I knew Billie was having a blast with this. I saw him eyeing my tousled hair and my ruby red lips, licking his own subconsciously.

"Maybe… I don't know how my husband would feel about me getting down and dirty with the guy who's been talking so much trash about his band! Now where's the beer?" I looked around, finding a cooler stocked to the brim with booze. If I didn't know what was going on, I probably wanted to be a little tipsy when it happened.

Fink was merely all of Billie's vices all wrapped up into one neat package. He was irate, with his cigarette smoking and attempts to be constantly inebriated. He was outspoken, vulgar, and rude, but I had a feeling that he would still command a stage. Something was going on in that head of his, and I could only imagine what it was. This was their first show as the Network, so he was going to pull out all the stops.

I was told by John to stand to the side of the stage for the show, so I found a spot that was somewhat out of the way and waited for the guys to walk out.
When they did, I gave Mike and Tre smiles, along with the other three. Billie Joe waited by my side, tapping his foot on the ground in anticipation.

"Give them a night to remember, Fink." I winked at my husband, who in turn smacked my ass and gave me a rough kiss before walking out to face the crowd.

---

The entire set was full of energy as the six piece new wave band played their entire album. Billie Joe spewed Lushotology propaganda, converting everyone in attendance to the 'Less guilt, more booze' religion that they had come up with.

It was cool to see the guys doing something that wasn't Green Day. They had a new sound with new lyrics and a style that was rather interesting.

I watched as they finished their encore and walked off the stage as if they were God's gift to music, reveling in applause and cheers from the audience. I followed behind them, listening as they spoke about going to a huge party in a bit.

"You, Miss Thing, are coming with us!" John smiled at me, obviously in on whatever Billie had planned. He took my hand and lead me to the limo that was bringing the band to the club.

I sat between Billie and Tre, nervously tugging at the short hem of my dress.

"Grace, you gotta follow my lead tonight, alright?" Billie Joe was using his normal voice, making me feel like this was some big deal.

"Yeah, okay..." I tried to ask what was going on, but I was ignored until we arrived at the place.

Billie Joe took my hand tightly, leading me from the limo and into the building, making it seem like he was trying to keep me out of the lenses of the photographers that had been awaiting our arrival. Once we got inside, I asked what the hell was going on. Billie told me to trust him and to enjoy myself before tugging me over to the bar.

We spent the rest of the night drinking and dancing, which was something we hadn't done in years. Although Billie was keeping up with this persona, it was still a way for us to connect.

"Come on, let's get out of here. The hotel is within walking distance." Billie had to stand on his tip-toes and I leaned down so I could hear him over the blasting music.

We left the club only to find paparazzi still waiting. Flashes immediately started going off, and I had to avert my eyes to the ground to keep from tripping over the cracks in the cement.

"Fink, over here!"

What was going on?

"Is that Billie Joe Armstrong's wife?!?"

Was this what Billie was trying to do?

"Mrs. Armstrong, what are you doing at The Network's show?"

They probably couldn't even remember my name if they tried.

"Where's your husband?"

I was going to kill him.

"Does he know that you're out with his latest investment?"

That's what was happening. He's creating another rift in this huge, made up feud.

"Fuck off, assholes." Billie growled at the men with their cameras, keeping me close to him, telling me to walk a little faster, which was quite the feat in my stilettos.

When we got to the hotel, I asked Billie Joe just what the hell was going on.

"It's all a part of the plan, Grace. Just calm down."

"No! What were those photographers doing chasing us down the block?" I crossed my arms and stared at him, not moving from my spot at at the foot of the bed in the room Billie had booked.

"Please, trust me on this." He had pulled off the mask he had been wearing all night and was now running his hands through his hair. As much as I wanted to, I had no idea what to do. I wanted to know what was going on, but Billie Joe clearly wasn't going to tell me even though I had a general idea.

He began to get out of his clothes, and I still stood there, watching him hesitantly. When he walked over to stand in front of me, I had to hold back a laugh at the fact that he had to actually tilt his head up to make eye contact with me.

"What's so funny?"

"You're so little! I could just eat you up, you're so precious." I finally had my turn to tease him about his height, now that I had a solid couple of inches on him.

"Yeah? Well two can play that game!" Billie wrapped his arms around my waist, lifting me up and throwing me onto the bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this chapter got deleted whenever Mibba's servers crashed or something.
I re-uploaded it and such, as you can see. Sorry for the inconvenience, I guess. Enjoy. :)