Status: New And Being Pre-Written. Please Subscribe and Comment.

Rainbows Don't Last Forever

Hard Work.

I woke up next to Luke for the first time in a while. We slept in the same bed last night but didn't do anything nor say anything. Last time we did anything was about five weeks ago.

I sat up and pushed the cover of me as Luke did the same thing on his side without a word to me. Not even a “Happy anniversary”.

“I have that stuff to do today.” I state.

Luke nods. “Okay. Are you leaving now?”

I change from my night gown and into some jeans and a t-shirt. I was so used to changing in front of him that I didn't even think about it anymore.

I nod throwing my hair into a pony tail. “Yeah.”

I grab my wallet and keys and start to walk out the bedroom door when Luke stops me. I look at him, dumbfounded.

“What?” I ask as he removes his hands from my shoulders. I am hoping he would say “April fools! Happy anniversary! I love you!” Even though it wasn't April. But he doesn't.

He pecks my lips quickly and I roll my eyes. “I love you.” He says without feeling.

“Ditto.” I reply moving him out of my way as I walk out the door. Even though I was upset with him I was going to make the best of things. I walk to Cara's apartment door and knock three times.

“Yes'm?” She says when she opens the door.

“Cake time.” I tell her.

She flicks her finger in the air and then makes an 'o' shape with her mouth as she walks away into her apartment briefly. She returns with her purse, sunglasses, and pictures in hand.

She flips her glasses on. “Go time.”

I laugh slightly and we walk to our cars together. “Where's my bro-ha?”

“Inside. I don't know what he is going to do today..” And I don't care. Hopefully when I get home and show him the cake and scrap book he will be ecstatic and everything will turn out better, oh, that would be great.

Cara smiles with alacrity and gets into her car.

I wave and watch her drive away before I get into my car, mainly because I don't want her to stall and then follow me and be with me every second of every minute I'm doing something. I just kind of want to do the scrap book alone without someone breathing on my neck.

I had already picked out fifteen of my favorite pictures and wrote down some favorite quotes that happened during the time the picture was taken. Now I had to go to the store and pick up a plain scrapbook(so I could paint it), pages, stickers, and other scrapbook accessories.

The nearest Hobby Lobby is perfect. It Is pretty close so it only takes me around ten minutes to get there. Hobby Lobby didn't look too busy so I parked right in front for once and went inside.

Cashiers smiled at me as I walked past them, I gave a respectful smile back and walk towards the isle that holds scrapbook items. I look down it and see nobody is occupying it currently and I smile softly to myself. I could get a whiplash looking at all the stuff they have. I don't even know where to begin.

Then I spot a baby yellow plain scrap book. I run over to it and examine it. I pick it up and carry it in my left arm like I used to carry books in highs school. I see heart stickers and I hesitantly reach out to them. I bite my lip and grab a few of different types of heart stickers. I put them on top of the scrap book and continue looking for other things.

I find a lot of different stickers and accessories I like and I grab them all without checking the price and after I get a few things of paint and a paint brush set I check out.

None of the cashiers are busy and I look around to see where everyone is at. I see a few ladies in the flower section but other than that I spot nobody. I walk to the nearest cashier and he messes with his hair before I reach him.

“Hello.” He says in a husky voice, obviously trying to impress me.

“Hi!” I chirp. “I'm making a scrapbook for my fiancee!! I love him so so so much!” I say in a peppy voice, hoping to ruin his hope of getting my number.

He starts scanning my items with a frown. Sweet Success. He tells me how much and I pay quickly and grab my stuff and walk away. I give him a small smile and a wave as I leave.

I sit on a stool in the coffee shop and struggle to paint the cover of the scrapbook flawlessly. I sip my coffee and then make a puppy dog lip as I realize it's all gone.

The person who owns the coffee shop is an lady about thirty named Teresa and she knows me very well because I visit often.

She bounces over to my table, her red hair bouncing with her. She looks at my project and nudges my elbow. “What are you doing kid?” She hadn't bothered me the whole time I was here and I had been here for about an hour. Her curiosity must of got the better of her, she doesn't like to pry.

“Trying to make a scrapbook for Luke.” She knew Luke to so I didn't have to explain.

Her eyebrows tilted down. “Awh!” She looks into my coffee mug and gasps. “You need more coffee so you can work hard on that.”

Teresa hums as she walks to the counter to get the coffee and comes back and pours some into my mug.

I smile softly and watch the steam dissipate from my mug. “Thanks, Teresa.”

“You're welcome, work hard.” She walks away tending to other people around the coffee shop.

I finish painting the cover. It had hearts and stars all over it. I attach back to the rest of the scrapbook and I drink my coffee as I let it dry. I sat back feeling accomplished. I finished the whole thing without giving up, I cried a lot and got tons of stares but at least I finished.

After a few impatient minutes I pay Teresa and grab my scrap book and walk out.

I push the button on my remote and unlock my car and slowly get inside. I drive the speed limit if not a bit lower because I'm not in any rush to meet up with Cara because after that I have to go home.

Once I meet up with Cara she will follow me home after I see the cake and she will come with me inside my apartment because she is the one that is going to have to carry the cake. I don't want to try and juggle a purse, scrapbook, and a cake. Especially not with me feeling as crap as I have lately. I could get dizzy.

I decided to get my cake made at hyvee. They are actually really good at it and everything in their bakery is so amazing. I see Cara standing next to her car and I park near to her.

“Come see the cake, hurry! It's amazing!”

I jump out of my car and run over to her car trying to avoid being hit or ran over and mushed like a bug.

She opens her trunk and my eyes sparkle as I see the cake in real life. It looks exactly like the picture I made, it's uncanny. The cake has mine and Luke's name in orange cursive letters and above it is a picture of us dancing in the rain. When I picked the picture I wanted one of the professional engagement pictures we got done. Then Cara was looking through her stuff one day and found that picture.

I didn't even know it was taken until she found it and told me about it.

The picture was amazing and it just showed a lot about their love.

I shed a tear and Cara hugs me tight as she kisses my cheek the way a big sister would.

I hug her back and then pull away and shut her trunk.

“Alright, lets go.” I say as I wipe under my eyes.

Cara nods and gets in her car as I get in mine.

I walk up the steps to the apartment with Cara behind me. We are both beaming with excitement wondering what Luke was going to think.

I unlock the door and it swings open. I don't see Luke when I walk in and I know he didn't leave because his car was still here.

Cara and I walk further into the apartment and we decide to look in the bedroom. I hope he's sleeping because it would be good for him to wake up to. I smile as we creep to the bedroom.

Sometimes in life there's those moments when you feel like you are going to just curl up in a ball and die right then. There's those moments when your stomach gives you a bad feeling, not from being sick but from whatever is going on. Those moments when your throat gets dry and you start to shake.

Well I have that moment when I open Luke and I's bedroom door.

My heart falls into the deep pits of my stomach.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay so, I'm putting up all the chapters I have done, so I'll be posting another one tonight but that's till this weekend or late next week because I only have up to chapter seven written.

Oooh cliff hanger. I know you guys probably already know what she seen though. Go ahead and guess. The next chapter is sad :( Things can't stay “Perfect”.

Well, I hope you enjoyed :)

Comment so I know you want more chapter soon (: If you don't comment I don't know that you want to have more chapters. Thanks to the comments and subscribers already(: I can't update if I don't know if you guys want more chapters! So comment stubborn butts :) I promise, it's painless.

If you want easier access to knowing when stories are up then follow me on twitter. Just let me know in a comment if you do.
Twitter:)