Status: New And Being Pre-Written. Please Subscribe and Comment.

Rainbows Don't Last Forever

Take A Bow.

Melody stood in shock and when Luke seen her he pushed he Anna off him and they rushed to get dressed. Luke's face expression: Priceless. Cara reached her head around Melody and seen the horror.

She gasped and Melody came to her senses.

“Luke!” Melody screamed through rivers of tears. “What the hell?!”

He pulled up his pants all the way and ran towards Melody. She ran to the kitchen and threw the scrapbook on the table with enough force the cover falls off.

“How could you?!”

Anna came out of the room and Cara gave her an evil glare as she mindlessly opened the cake cover and pushed the cake square in Anna's face. Anna stood there without a word to say.

Melody didn't laugh but she knew she would later. Luke moved close to Melody and tried to grab her hand. She's smack it away. “Don't touch me!” Melody yelled.

“Baby, please, listen.” He said calmly.

She smacked him hard on the cheek. “No, baby, you listen. I have fucking walked to hell and back for you! I never once betrayed you or was untrue! I don't even think about other guys, but what the fuck? I come home with a cake and a scrap book for you and I find you and this bimbo,” Melody said pointing to the chick, whose name she didn't know. “In our fucking bed having sex!”

Cara looked over at Melody for a second and then looked back at Anna and continued screaming in her face.

Luke tried to talk and Melody hit him again. “I said LISTEN! You don't treat me like this! Ever since we got engaged you have been treating me like shit! You don't spend time with me anymore and all we do is fight! Don't tell me that the fights are my fight because I know damn well they aren't. You're the man start acting like one! Wait, you don't have a chance! I'm done with you, Luke.”

Tears fell from Luke's blue eyes, not really affecting Melody's anger. Whether he cried or not, Melody was leaving.

“Melody, Please! I'm just confused! I don't know if I want to be with you for the rest of my life. I love you, though. You know that. I'm in love with you. Things have just been hard. I'm a hormonal teenage guy! I would never purposely hurt you.”

Melody kicked him back, if he couldn't keep his distance things were going t get really physical.

“You should have thought about that before you asked me to marry you.” She screamed.

Luke wiped his eyes. “But I wanted to be engaged, it means you're mine.”

Melody narrowed her eyes at him and wiggled the ring on her ring finger. Luke's eyes were big watching her. She finally got the ring off and she threw it on the table with the scrapbook. It clanged against the metal and spun as it adjusted.

“Not anymore.” Melody stated, crying.

Cara showed Anna out the back door and ran over to Luke and Melody. She followed Luke's distracted eyes and seen Melody's engagement ring on the table instead of her finger. Cara didn't understand why Melody didn't tell her they were having problems. She stood next to Melody as if to signify her being on Melody's side. Cara cried because the people who she thought had the best love, really didn't.. her belief in love faded.

Luke tried to speak again and this time Cara spoke.

“Do you even know what today is?” She said with cracks in her voice from her crying.

Luke looked at his feet and then back up. “No..”

Cara and Melody said nothing as he thought.

His mind sparked. Their anniversary. How could her forget? How could he be so stupid. “God! I'm so stupid! I'm so sorry!!” He collapsed on the floor and grasped his face in his hands.

Melody didn't move, nor did Cara.

“You know, I was hoping things would get better today. If they didn't I had my plan.. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to go with my plan but at least I get to follow my dreams. You hear that, Luke? I dropped my dreams for you!” Melody cried.

Luke looked up and he looked like a sad puppy dog. “What is your plan?”

“I'm leaving and going to Kentucky. I dreamed of being there since I visited there. Nothing you can say will stop me so don't try.”

Melody walked towards their bedroom and started pulling her clothes of the hangers in the closet. Cara who was still crying came in there and was helping. She didn't mention anything about her not wanting Melody to go because she knew Melody needed to do it, she needed to get away and follow her dreams. Cara knew that Missouri was the hell hole, she would leave too if she could, but at that time she couldn't.

Luke ran into the bedroom. “Melody, I love you, I'm in love with you. I want to marry you! I want to be with you!” Luke had made up his mind. In the back of his head though, he was telling himself if she left and wasn't going to let him try to get her back that he would be with Anna. He loved her to.. Kinda..

“I don't know what love is anymore.” Melody admitted.

Luke walked over to her and grabbed her hands tightly. “Please, baby, please don't throw away everything we have!”

Melody twisted his arms and he let go. “I don't have to, you already did.” She gets all her clothes and pushes them into the same suitcase she took when they went to California.

Luke crumpled on their bed as he watched Melody pack her things. He loved her, so much. She was leaving him again. He was scared of falling into depression, again. The minute Melody walked in on him and Anna he realized she was the one. Anna was just some pretty girl that he was in lust with, it wasn't even love, not even close. Melody was love.

Melody didn't look at him she just kept packing and Cara glanced at him every so often but when she did, it was glares.

Luke didn't know what he was going to do, he thought about Anna. If Mel0dy was really going to leave him he was going to need someone, Anna would be by his side. Not the same as Melody but it would be close enough.

But Melody wasn't going to leave him, no, she wouldn't give up everything they had.

Melody finished packing all she thought she would need and she walked out of the room.

Cara followed after and Luke followed suit.

“Please don't leave.” He plead.

Melody kept walking till she got to the front door. “Sorry, to late for begging, I can't handle this anymore, I'm going. We're done. I should have NEVER came back to you when I was a teenager, how could I be so stupid? Goodbye, Luke.” Melody gave him once last glance and walked out the front door slamming it behind.

Cara watched her brother crumble, she had never seen him tore up but she didn't have a bit of sympathy for him.

“You brought this on yourself. If you really like Anna more I hope you guys last because I don't think Melody is going to forgive you. Ever. I hope you can live with yourself.”

Cara picked up the scrapbook of the table and handed it too Luke. “Here, Melody made this. She loves you and she got re-payed in a very un fair way. You would of seen the cake but I pushed it in your bimbo's face.”

She walked out the front door and closed it softly behind. Luke wished his sister didn't leave him because now he was completely alone. It gave him time to think, he didn't want to think because all he could think about was how stupid he was.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have to admit that I did cry. It was hard to write. Luke once again got left by Melody. Is she gone for good this time?

Only time will tell.

Comment so I know you want more chapter soon (: If you don't comment I don't know that you want to have more chapters. Thanks to the comments and subscribers already(: I can't update if I don't know if you guys want more chapters! So comment stubborn butts :) I promise, it's painless.

If you want easier access to knowing when stories are up then follow me on twitter. Just let me know in a comment if you do.
Twitter:)