Sequel: The Violet Hour
Status: Finished!

Practice Makes Perfect.

Chapter Ten.

I was on winter break and didn't have a lot to do. All the volunteer programs at school were either done for the season or on break as well. Most of my friends had went home and stayed there while I left and came back all within a few days. I didn't hear from Patrick and I figured that he had had practice and was still tired from the night before. I also thought he wanted nothing to do with me after I said he was kind of a jerk after what he pulled last night. I sat finishing one of my books when my phone went off. “Glad to hear you got home okay.” Read the text message. John not Patrick. “Yeah, sorry I didn't let you know when we got home.” I replied. “It's all good. I understand. Patrick said he felt pretty bad about last night.” He texted back. “About me or about his hangover? Haha” I sent. “Uhm, I'd imagine both.” I laughed at the text. I heard a knock at my door and I actually expected it to be Patrick. I went and opened it and there was a delivery guy with a package and red roses. “This is for Blaine.” I signed for it then took it inside. There were a dozen roses and the note had a smiley face on it. I opened up the small package and inside was a copy of 'Say Anything...' Yeah, he made up for last night. I put the flowers in the middle of my small table and put the DVD in with my other movies. A little while later my phone went off. “Hello?” I asked. “Did you like my apology gifts?” Patrick asked. I laughed and told him they were very nice. “Do you want to come over for dinner tonight?” He asked me. “I guess I could.” I said. “Good. Come over whenever you want.” He said. “I'll be over in a bit then.” I said. I put jeans and a sweater on and went out the door. I got to Patrick's apartment twenty minutes later thanks to traffic. I knocked on the door and I heard Patrick tell me to come inside. “Hey there.” He said smiling. I smiled and walked up to him. There were chinese boxes scattered across his bar. “I don't mind chinese, but I kinda thought you were making dinner.” I said laughing. “Well, I make the money that bought this food. That counts?” He asked laughing. “Well, when you put it that way.” I said giggling. I helped Patrick put everything on the table and sat down. We were eating and I was having a really nice time. “So since you're really into school and stuff what would your parents think of you dating me?” He asked laughing. “Well, I'm pretty sure my mom might be hesitant. She'd be wondering if you went to college and stuff. Then she would probably wonder if you were a nice Jewish boy.” I said laughing. “What about your dad?” He asked. I sighed and looked at my plate. “I don't really talk to him.” I said. “Why not?” He asked me. “Patrick, I like you and stuff but we just started hanging out. If we're together in a few months maybe I'll tell you.” I said with a weak smile. “I'll remember that then.” He said giving me a smile. We kept talking and then I helped him clean up. Afterwards, we sat on the couch that only a few days ago I had one of the best times. “So, I hope you know how sorry I am about everything last night.” Patrick said. “Dude, it's okay. We've established that I don't care anymore.” I said laughing. “I know, I just want you to know I'm sorry I screwed it up.” He said. “I know you're sorry. You don't have to get me things or do anything for me. Just show it and don't do it again.” I said laughing. Patrick leaned over and grabbed the back of my neck and gave me a kiss. A long and deep one too. After we stopped, I said, “I think that's a pretty sufficient apology.” “You're so cute when you say big words.” Patrick whispered. “That's not a big word, Patrick.” I giggled. “It is to me.” He smiled. “You need to be semi intelligent to date me, my dear.” I said looking at him. “Are you saying I'm not smart?” Patrick asked laughing. “Not at all. You have to be smart to play hockey but I like having deep conversations about politics and books. You don't want me talking to another guy about that stuff now do you?” I asked laughing. “You want me to read and be informed about politics?” He asked me, again, laughing. “I don't care what you do. I'm just saying, I'll have to talk to someone about it. That's my life. If that happens to be a guy, then so be it.” I said giggling. “I'll try it but just for you. I'll watch Fox News with you.” He said smiling. “NO PATRICK.” I screamed. “What's wrong?!” He asked me. “Fox News is a right wing station. I'm extremely liberal, you can watch CNN.” I said. “Don't you vote Patrick?” I asked him. “No.” He said. I shook my head. “That needs to change. Not for me but it's important to vote!” I said. “You have to help me then.” He said. “I will if you're willing to try it.” I said smiling. I felt Patrick lace his fingers between mine and I laid my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes for a minute. I could get used to this.