Sequel: The Violet Hour
Status: Finished!

Practice Makes Perfect.

Chapter Thirteen.

I got home an hour later and turned on the TV. Yes, I watched the History Chanel. I loved the shows they had on. I was starting to get hungry and I was bored. So maybe I wasn't hungry? I was playing with my phone and I decided to call Patrick. “Hello?” He answered. “Hey, it's Blaine.” I said. “What's up girl?” He said laughing. “Okay, so I've already seen this show on the History Channel. I'm really bored and I think I'm hungry. Do you want to go get some lunch?” I asked him. “You watch the History Channel?” He asked me. “Patrick. That's besides the point, dude.” I said. “Okay. Yeah, I could go for some lunch.” He said. “I'll meet you at your place in a few minutes.” He said and hung up. My apartment was clean and I was ready so naturally I just stayed laying on the couch. Just as Patrick said, a few minutes later, I heard a knock at my door. “It's open.” I yelled. Patrick came walking in and sat right on my legs. “Jesus, Patrick. You fatty, get off my legs.” I said laughing. “Okay.” Patrick said and laid down on top of me. “Better?” He whispered and kissed me. I laughed and nodded my head as Patrick kissed me. “So are we going out to lunch?” I asked laughing as I heard my stomach growl. “Yeah, we should get going.” Patrick said with a smile. He gave me a quick kiss before he got off me and helped me up. We walked to his car and got to a restaurant that was right down the street from me. “I saw Jon this morning.” I said as we were looking at a menu. “Oh, he didn't say anything at skate this morning.” Patrick said. “It was just really quick. I had to get some tea before my meetings.” I said. “So, I have a question for you.” Patrick asked me putting down his menu. “Yes?” I replied. “I was talking to some family this morning and I told them I have been seeing you. So, I guess my question is, do you like consider yourself my girlfriend?” He asked me. “Do you want me to be your, uhm, girlfriend?” I asked him. “Of course. That's why I'm asking.” He said. “Well, if you want me to be that, then yeah.”I said smiling. “Have you told anyone?” He asked me. “Well I told my mom I went on a date with you. She was asking about if you went to college and all that snazzy stuff.” I said laughing. “Does she care?” He asked me. “I think she just wants me to be happy. We don't see each other a lot because I don't go home very often. I think she's just worried I'm lonely.” I said. “And are you?” He asked me. “Not anymore.” I said smiling. We had our lunch and small conversations about everything. “I really wish you would come to the game tonight.” Patrick said as we entered my apartment again. “I know but I just don't think I can afford it right now. I promise I will go to one soon though.” I said as we sat down. “I can get you a ticket, Blaine.” He said. “No. I don't need to depend on anyone for anything.” I said. “It's not depending on anyone if I give it to you as a gift.” He said. “Please. It's just weird for me to accept things like that.” I said. “You'll have to get used to it eventually. I won't force you to go tonight, though.” He said. “Thank you.” I said smiling and giving him a kiss on the cheek. “So, what's with you and Tazer?” Patrick asked me. “What do you mean?” I asked him. “Well, like you two were talking that night at the club and stuff.” He said. “We're just old friends, I guess. He was tight with my brother and I was just kinda there.” I said. I could feel Patrick nod his head. He was tracing my fingers with his. “I should probably go. I need to sleep and get ready for tonight.” Patrick said sighing. “Yeah.” I replied. Patrick got up and leaned down and kissed the top head. “I'll call you later girlfriend.” He said smiling. “Looking forward to it boyfriend.” I said with a wink. Patrick let himself out and I laid there on the couch. I thought about what I just said. I had a boyfriend. The word felt so foreign to me. The whole concept of having one, felt foreign. I assume Patrick has had tons of girlfriends. Me? I only had two before. One was a short relationship that both of us knew would never work out. The last one I had, was awful. I had never been so in love with someone and how it ended, broke me. The things that happened after that were awful. It had been two years since then. I hadn't dated since. The fact that I was responding so normally to Patrick was great. I neglected to tell Patrick earlier that I, in fact, hadn't called my mother. I decided to call her now and get it over with.

“Hello?” She answered. “Hey ma.” I said. “Boo bear! How's my girl?” She yelled. I could feel myself blushing when she used my old nickname. “I'm good. I actually have something to tell you.” I said calmly. “Are you quitting school?”My mom said sternly. “No, it's nothing to do with school.” I said. “Then, this can't be good. Do I need to sit down? Did you get arrested?” She asked me. “No, ma. Please listen.” I said. “I'm listening.” She said. “So a while ago I was at Andy's hockey game. I was sitting there and this guy sat next to me and we started talking.” I said. “Blaine, did you get pregnant?” She asked me. “No. Mom, please just listen.” I said frustrated. “You're right. I'm sorry, go on.” She said. “Well, he asked me out. We've been dating and stuff.” I said. I could hear my mom sigh. “How long have you been seeing him?” She asked me. “About a week. He called me his girlfriend.” I said. “What's his name?” She asked me. “Patrick.” I replied. “Does he go to school with you?” She asked me. “Well, he doesn't go to school.” I said hesitantly. “What do you mean, he doesn't go to school?” She said strictly. “He plays hockey.” I said. “What? Blaine, does he play in that AHL league?” She asked me. “No, he plays for the Blackhawks.” I said. “You mean that Kane guy? Didn't he beat someone up?” My mom asked me. “Ma, I'm so proud you know these things.” I said laughing. “I don't think it's very appropriate you're dating that kind of man. He's not even Jewish, Blaine!” My mom said. “I don't think that matters.” I said. “You're right because it won't last.” She said. “That was uncalled for.” I said silently. “I'm sorry. Blaine, I don't want to see you like I did two years ago. I lost my daughter for a long time. You deserve a nice educated man.” She said. “He's eager to learn for me.” I said laughing. “I really don't know about this, my love.” She said. “I can take care of myself, mom.” I said. “Last time you said that...” My mom said before I cut her off. “That's ancient history. I like Patrick. He's a really cool guy.” I said. “I don't care if he's a cool guy. I care that he's not going to hurt you.” She said. “I don't think he will.” I said. “You're at the point in your life where I can't make decisions for you and I can't make you do things. If this is what you want then you go for it.” She said. “I know what I'm doing.” I said. “But you know that you can always come home. I would get on the next plane for you, too.” She said. “I know that mom.” I said. “I've gotta get going but I'll call you later. I love you, Blaine. You're the most important thing to me.” She said. “Love you too, ma.” I said and then she hung up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments guys!
Keep 'em coming!