Sequel: The Violet Hour
Status: Finished!

Practice Makes Perfect.

Chapter Fourteen.

I watched the game and the 'Hawks won. Patrick had two assists and was really close to scoring. I had fallen half way asleep on my couch after the game. It was about 11 when I got a phone call from Patrick. “Can I come over?” He asked me. I was still trying to comprehend what was going on. “Uh yeah.” I said. “Good, I'm going to open the door.” He said. “What?” I asked him. Patrick walked in through my door. “Patrick! What are you doing here?” I yelled slashed asked him. “What? You said I could come over.” He said. “Were you asleep?” He asked me. “Not really.” I said sitting up. Patrick took off his jacket and suit jacket and threw it on the chair by my door. “What's wrong, Patrick?” I asked him. “I had such a bad game.” He said putting his head in his hands. “You won the game and had two assists, Pat.” I said sitting up next to him. “I could have scored twice and I fanned both times. I had a turnover, too.” He said sighing and leaning back and looking up at the ceiling. “Today, I was writing a paper for my class and I had three spelling errors and four grammar mistakes.” I said getting on my knees on the couch so I could look at his face. “Blaine, that's dumb. That doesn't have anything to do with anything.” He said. “You're right it is dumb. Did you know I finished the paper.” I said. “Well, that's good.” He said quizzically. “Patrick. I just planted like the biggest moral story ever.” I said. “What are you talking about?” He asked. “You can have small dumb errors in things but the point is, you finished it. In your case, you won the game. It doesn't matter about small things, it's the big picture.” I said putting my hand on his shoulder. Patrick took a deep breath and rolled his head over to look at me. “I know it's disappointing because you want to do your best. But maybe those small things you screwed up on, lead to you guys winning.” I said. Patrick gave me a small kiss and leaned back. “I needed that.” He said. “You're welcome.” I said patting his shoulder.

“Would you like something to eat or drink?” I asked him getting up. I cleaned the books and cups off my coffee table that were there from earlier in the day. “I'm good.” He said. “So, what did you do while I was off being a hockey stud?” Patrick asked me laughing. “Well, I read, talked to my mom, read some more, watched the game, and read some more!” I said giving a fist pump. “You live such an exciting life.” Patrick said laughing. “Psht, you know it.” I said laughing. I grabbed the books on my coffee table and went to go put them back in the bookcase. Patrick came and stood next to me and looked at all the books. “I just can't believe you've read most of these.” He said shaking his head. “I love reading. I love getting a new book and being excited to find out something new.” I said as I searched for the spot for my books. “You're such a nerdy kid.” Patrick laughed. “Hey now, I'm an adult.” I said laughing. I hated being called nerdy. I was an intelligent person. I wasn't shy about my beliefs or shy about how smart I was. If people asked, I let them know. I didn't sit around and keep to myself all day. I found the places for my books and set them in there and sat down on the couch. Patrick seemed so amused by all my books. He looked down at the bottom of the bookcase and found my records. “You have records?” He asked me. “Yeah. Some were my mom's that I stole when I moved.” I said laughing. “Do you ever listen to them?” He asked me as he looked through some of them. “Yeah. It depends on what kind of mood I'm in.” I said laughing. “Some of these are ridiculously old. Nat King Cole?” He said. “Yup. You really can't beat music like that. I love music now, but music back then, was so amazing.” I said. “Well, someday soon we will have to break these bad boys out.” He said laughing. “We will.” I said smiling. “So, do you have any other siblings I should be aware of?” He asked me. “Nope. Just Andy.” I said. “Are you two close?” He asked me. “I don't know. We don't talk a lot because he's in Michigan for school and hockey. I guess I'd like for us to be more close but it is what it is.” I said. “Why aren't you guys close?” He asked me. “It's a long story. I'd rather not go into it now.” I said. “I understand.” He said. “What about you?” I asked him. “I've got three sisters.” Patrick said. I started to chuckle. “Nice. That must have been interesting.” I said. “Of course.” He smiled. “Are you all close?” I asked him. “Yeah, we are.” He said nodding. I was pretty jealous of that. “Are you okay?” He asked me. “Yeah, sorry. I was just thinking.” I said. Patrick was looking around my small living room and looked at the pictures on my wall. I didn't have too many and I thought he already saw them all the first time he came over. “You had blonde hair?!” He asked me. There was a picture of me with my mom on the wall when I was younger. “Yup. I'm an original blonde head but I like being a red head. It's more fun.” I said laughing. “That's crazy. You look like an entirely different person.” He said. “But I do like you with red hair.” He said with a wink. “I can't believe you're not dead tired after playing.” I said as Patrick sat down next to me. “I'm tired but you get used to it. You get adrenaline pumping.” He said. “I don't know how you do it, Patrick Kane.” I said laughing. “Play hockey ridiculously well or look good?” He asked laughing. I shook my head and stuck my tongue out at him. “Now that I'm sitting down, I think it's going to be hard for me to get back up.” He said laughing. “Would you like me to drive you home? I don't want you to fall asleep and die.” I said. “You think every time I get in the car, I'll die.” Patrick said laughing. “Cars are some risky things.” I said laughing. “You wouldn't be able to get home if you drove me.” He said. “That's true.” I said. “How about I crash here for the night?” He asked me. I thought about it for a second. I was a bit hesitant but I agreed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments everyone!
Keep 'em coming! Loving the feedback!