Sequel: The Violet Hour
Status: Finished!

Practice Makes Perfect.

Chapter Seventeen.

The next morning I woke up at 9 AM and all I wanted to do was die. I had been up until the 3 AM the previous night finishing a book and writing notes for it. Honestly, I had more notes written in the book than I had typed out. The only thing that finally convinced me was when I took a quick break to get a drink and I called Patrick. I didn't even realize the time. “Patrick. This homework blows.” I said. “Blaine. You calling me at 3 AM blows.” He said groggily. “It's not...ARE YOU EFFING SERIOUS?! IT'S 3 AM!!!” I yelled crying. “Blaine. Stop and take a deep breath. Go to sleep. Don't kill yourself over it. You need to stick around for a while for me.” He said. “Blaine, not to cut off our ever so deep and enjoyable conversation but I've gotta get up early. Go to sleep.” He said and hung up. Now I felt worse for waking up Patrick. I sighed and clacked away at my computer and finished up some notes. I finally was able to fall asleep. This morning after showering and working a bit more on my notes, I went to Starbucks and told myself I had to get a coffee in order to live. I put on an old student council hoodie from my high school and jeans and went out the door. I got into the small shop and saw Jonathan standing in front of me. I laughed a bit. “So, is it my turn to buy you something to drink?” I asked him jokingly. “Blaine!” He said turning around and laughing. “No, you're not buying anything.” He said laughing. He looked around. “Do you wanna go for breakfast?” He asked me. “Sure, why not?” I said. I hadn't had breakfast yet, I could use a break, and I liked hanging out with Jon. We walked out of the Starbucks and walked a few blocks to a local breakfast joint. We sat down in a booth.

The place wasn't too busy because it was a weekday. “You look frazzled.” Jon said after we ordered. “I was up until 3 doing schoolwork.” I said. “That's crazy. One thing I don't miss about college.” He said laughing. “Jon, you were there like two years. Shut up.” I said laughing. “But I was there. That's what's most important. I'm an educated man.” He said laughing. “I bet you took seminars all year.” I laughed. “I took an English class.” He laughed. “Oooo. How noble of you.” I laughed. We made other small talk as I ate my veggie omelet and he had some massive meat meal. “I saw your name in the paper the other day.” He said. “What?” I asked. I had no idea what he was talking about. “It was for one of the volunteer groups you manage. I think it was a local Big Brothers Big Sisters thing.” He said. “Oh yeah. I did an interview. That was a long time ago.” I said. “I think it's really awesome you do that. I'd like to help sometime.” He said smiling. “I'd love to have you help.” I said smiling. “It's crazy to think of you as this person who's doing all these amazing things.” He said. I started laughing. “That's so nice of you, Toews.” “I don't mean it in a bad way. Just like, I never thought I would be able to see you do it. I always figured you would go to school in New England or in California. And you're here.” He said. “Yeah. I never thought I would be here either. But I like it here. I really wouldn't mind just living here.” I said. “You should. It's nice seeing you around. It's like when we were kids.” He said smiling. “Things were awesome back then. I didn't have much to worry about.” I said. “I remember you freaking out about school like you are now. You always got it done and you always got an “A.” He said smiling. “I miss my AP classes. I like them better now.” I said laughing. “You were always the smartest kid. You always will be. Don't worry about it. Just breathe and you'll be okay.” He said. “You always knew how to calm me down.” I said smiling. “Well, I had to. It was awkward having you show up to me and your brother's games with these massive books you were reading. We couldn't have you slowing down our game with all the ladies.” He said jokingly. “Oh yeah. I was totally slowing it down.” I said laughing. “So, you and Patrick good?” He asked me. “Yeah, I guess. We hang out and what not. I called him at 3 last night. I didn't realize what time it was and I woke him up. I don't think he was too happy about that.” I said. “Well, if you ever need someone to talk to at 3 in the morning, I'm here.” He said smiling. “I'll probably wind up taking you up on that offer sometime.” I said laughing. “I'm always here.” He said. I shook my head and we finished our breakfast. I went to get money out for my part of the check. “Blaine, you don't need to pay.” He said. “Jon. Please. You've already paid for something of mine once.” I said pleading. “Blaine, you know me. I have to pay for it. I'm just old fashioned like that.” He said. “Jon.” I said. He put his hand up and paid for it. I quick scribbled something on the money I was going to use to pay for my part of the meal. Jon walked me back to my building and we stood outside my apartment. “Thank you for breakfast, Jon.” I said smiling. “I had fun. It's nice hanging out with you again.” He said. “It is.” I said nodding my head. “We'll do it again soon.” He said. “Yeah. We should.” I said. I gave Jon a hug and I slipped the money inside his pocket before we split up. “I'll talk to you soon.” He said and he left. I wondered when Jon would see the money I had written on. It said, “I'll be your Chelsea Dagger, JToews.”
♠ ♠ ♠
You know the drill :)