Sequel: The Violet Hour
Status: Finished!

Practice Makes Perfect.

Chapter Twenty-Four.

That night I went over to Patrick's. When I went to his door, I heard voices. Girl voices. What the hell. I knocked on the door and Patrick answered it. “Blaine! What are you doing here?” He asked me. “I came over to talk to you but I guess you're busy.” I said. “No! Come in, I want you to meet some people.” He said. He put his hand on my lower back and ushered me into the living room where three girls sat on the couch and some chairs. “Blaine, these are my sisters.” He said. Oh man. “Guys, this is my girlfriend.” He said. He introduced them all to me. “We've heard a lot about you. You're a political science major?” One asked me. I was kind of stunned about everything right now. “Yeah. I'm starting my pre law classes soon.” I said. “I'm glad Patrick finally found a smart gal.” She said. I smiled and gave a laugh. I didn't say much afterwards, just answered questions when they asked. Patrick was so nice around his sisters. He was like the guy he was with me, sometimes. He was funny still but he was really nice. I stayed there for a while until I realized I should probably go. “Hey, can I talk to you for a second?” I asked him. “Yeah of course.” He said. We walked back to his bedroom where he started kissing me. “I missed you.” He said laughing. I just smiled at him. “What'd you need to tell me?” He asked. I stood there for a second. I could ask him about what he told Jon. It really wasn't that big of a deal. Here he was, acting like the person I did love. Maybe he was changing and I just couldn't see it. “What's wrong?” He asked me again. “I uh, I have a class tomorrow morning and I just wanted to tell you incase you stopped over and no one was home.” I said, trying to save myself. “Oh, alright.” He said laughing. “My sisters seem to like you.” He said sitting on his bed. “Yeah, I hope so. They're all really nice.” I said nodding my head. “Are you sure you're okay?” He asked me. Yeah. I am now at least.” I said. “I actually should go though.” I said. “Really? You can stay.” He said. “Yeah, I've got papers and stuff for classes due soon. I need to really work on them. They're awful.” I said laughing. “Can I come over tonight? I still want to see you.” He said. “Yeah, of course.” I said. He got up and gave me a hug and kiss. “I'll see you tonight.” He said. I nodded at him and left after saying good bye to everyone. I went home where I sat down and thought about Patrick. That was the man who I loved. Not the guy in the club, not the guy at the restaurant, and not the guy who everyone else tells me about. He was the type of guy I never saw myself with. He was fun and outgoing. He was the person I wasn't sometimes. Maybe that's why I liked being around him. I wasn't the type of girl to fall over every guy who gave me attention. I was really weary of guys after everything I've been through. I think Patrick saw that and worked hard to get my trust. I think Patrick and I complimented each other. He was the side of me that I could never really show. I was the side of Patrick he never knew he had. He was smart, he was really smart, he just never let that show. Maybe he didn't know he had that side. In the two months we had been dating we had talked everyday. Every time Patrick could, he saw me, even for a few minutes. He remembered little details about me, that was what I loved best. I would say something about a class and a few weeks later he would remember it and say something about it. Patrick made me happy again. I didn't feel alone when I was with him. I knew Patrick loved me and that was something I haven't felt in a while. I loved Patrick, I knew that. I felt guilty though, for talking to Jon. I had also kissed Jon, twice. In all honestly, I don't know what was going on with Jon. I knew he wanted to me to be happy but other than that I had no clue what was going on between us. I felt like this was all my fault. I don't want a complicated life. I've got enough stress and I don't need any other stress.