Sequel: The Violet Hour
Status: Finished!

Practice Makes Perfect.

Chapter Five.

I woke up the next morning feeling great. Everything was feeling perfect. I got up and finished my paper and made myself chai tea. Then I realized, I was bored. My life revolved around school and that was it. I wish I hadn't finished my paper so soon. I got up and looked at my bookcase. It was massive and took up almost an entire wall. I picked out '1984' and started reading it. I obviously have no life with my love of reading. After I got half way through my book, I made myself a bowl of rice and watched some TV. After a while my phone went off. “Hello there Mrs. Cusack. What are you up to?” It was from Patrick. “Now that you say that, it sounds totally creepy. Nothing. Being a bored college student. You?” I sent back. A few minutes later he responded. “It's not creepy. But then again, you may wind up with a different man ;) Being a bored hockey stud. The usual.” I laughed at what he wrote. “You have such an ego haha.” I responded. “Hey now. Well, may I suggest something?” He texted. “Do I have a choice?” I asked. “No. You saw my house last night, we're both bored, how about I come see your place?” He suggested. “My place is a closet compared to yours.” I said. “That's okay. I like closets.” He said. “Oh jesus. Yeah, I don't see why you couldn't come over.” I replied. I sent him my address and he said he would be here soon. I got off my couch and washed my dishes. I put jeans on and a deep red hoodie on. I looked at myself in the mirror and I didn't look like total crap. Good enough for me. Then I heard a knock at my door. I took a deep breath and answered it. “Hello there, Sunshine.” He said walking in. “Oh how I miss the sun.” I said laughing. “Welcome to ma chambre.” I continued and put out my arm. “Oh you speak French? Aren't you the cultured one.” He said laughing. “Only a little bit here and there I pick up from my brother.” I said laughing. “Oh my god. Are you like, half Canadian?” He asked me laughing. “No, no. He learned it when he was playing hockey. Plus, I took French in high school and a year in college.” I said laughing. I showed Patrick my living room and kitchen. “Do you seriously have an Xbox 360?” He asked me as he looked at all my games. “Yup. I'm pretty good at them. I just haven't had time to play it lately.” I said. “Every day I learn something new about you, you get more perfect.” He said smiling. “Oh lord.” I said giggling. I sat down on the couch and Patrick was still standing. “Well?” He asked me. “Well, what?” “Aren't you going to show me your room?” He asked me grinning. I put my hand to my face as I blushed. I got up and led him to my room. It had white walls with only one picture hanging up. It was my high school graduation picture with my mom. I had a wooden dresser with perfume and some make up on it. I had some jewelery laying around on it too but mostly papers and letters. I had some small protest and presidential stickers on my mirror. My bed had red blankets on it and I had some pillows on there as well. Patrick sat down on my bed and looked around. “I like it.” He said. “Glad I have your approval, Mr. Kane.” I said laughing. Patrick started to semi jump on the bed. “What are you doing that for?” I asked laughing. “Oh, just testing it.” He said with a wink. I threw my head back and did a sarcastic laugh. Then I walked out into the living room. Patrick followed behind me and looked at my book case. “Have you read all of these?” He said with wide eyes. “Most of them. I think there are a few at the bottom I haven't finished yet.” I said. “I cannot believe you've read all these. I mean some of these are huge!” He said picking up one. “I read a lot during high school and even now. I love reading.” I said standing next to him and looking at my books. Patrick went over to the small case I had by my tv and looked at my movies. “Girl, you weren't kidding when you said you liked horror movies.” He said laughing. I seriously had so many horror flicks. I loved them. I sat down on my couch and said, “I told you. It's just always been a thing of mine.” “Hold on. You own 'Rocky Horror Picture Show?' Do you like go to those screenings where they dance around and act out the movie?!” He asked me holding up the DVD. “Actually, I have gone to a few of those. They're great! I love that movie. I own the soundtrack and can pretty much recite the entire movie.” I said laughing. “You are just full of surprises, aren't you Blaine?” He asked laughing. “Don't worry Patrick. I won't bust out singing 'I Can Make You A Man' just yet.” I said giggling. “You can pick whatever movie.” I said.

I just sat back on my couch with my feet up on my coffee table and watched him look over my movie collection. “Do you seriously have foreign films in here?” He asked me. “Yes I do and I love them.” I said proudly. After a few minutes Patrick finally picked out a movie. 'Watchmen.' “The fact that you own this movie, makes me like you even more.” He said sitting down next to me. I laughed at him. “I saw it with some friends when it came out. Cannot beat a movie based off an amazing graphic novel.” I said. “You said graphic novel? Did you read it?” He asked me laughing. I pointed over to my bookcase. “I own it. And yes, it's a graphic novel! Not a comic book.” I said. Patrick laughed and we started to watch the movie. It was pretty chilly in my apartment so I grabbed the blanket off my couch and put it on. “Would you like some?” I asked Patrick. He nodded his head so I threw part of it on him. Half way through the movie Patrick whispered something in my ear. “Can I hold your hand?” He asked me. I smiled and grabbed his hand that was underneath the covers and we laced our fingers. I don't think I've been this happy in a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for everyone who is reading and subscribing! I'd love some feedback!