‹ Prequel: Cheese and Lamposts

Lamps and Cheeseposts

Back at the Problem

*Bekah's P.O.V.*
“I want a puppy,” I said, my head resting in Billie’s lap as we watched T.V.
“What?” he asked.
“A puppy, I want one,” I restated.
“Why do you want a puppy?”
“Because they’re cute,”
“And I'm not?”
“Yeah, but…you can play with them,”
“You can play with me,” he said with a grin.
“But,” I said trying to come up with something else. “But a puppy would greet me when I got home by licking me and stuff,”
“There,” he said after leaning down and licking my cheek.
“Babe,” I whined.
“What? You wanted to be licked,” he said. I looked at him with my puppy dog eyes.
“Aw, babe, don’t do that to me. You know I can't resist—NO!” he said as I stuck my bottom lip out, pouting.
“P-lease?” I asked in a childish voice. He sighed and then finally said, “Alright, we can go look for a puppy,”
“Yay! Oh, yeah, I’m going to go back to work at Hot Topic for a while. I get kind of bored just sitting at home. Amy said she was going to also,”
“You want to?” he asked.
“Yeah,”
“Alright, that’s fine with me. The guys and I wanted to start working on some new music. I already have a couple of songs written,”
“How come I didn’t know this?”
“Because I didn’t tell you,”
“Why not?”
“So we could put music to it and I could sing it to you,” he said smiling.
“Aww,” I said kissing his cheek as I hopped off the couch and stood up.
“Where are you going?”
“To get a puppy. Would you like to join me?”
“I guess, hold on just a second,” he said pulling on his Chucks and tying them. We drove around town looking on the corners and parking lots that people usually sold puppies in. Yet, for some reason, no one seemed to be out.
“What kind of puppy do you want?” I asked.
“I don’t know. I’ve kind of always wanted a Bullshit,” he said laughing.
“What the fuck is a Bullshit?” I asked.
“A bulldog/shi-tzu mix,”
“We’re not getting a Bullshit,” I said plainly.
“Then what do you want?”
“I sort of want a cocker spaniel,”
“Alright, we can grab a newspaper on the way home and look later, okay?”
“Alright,”

*Amy’s P.O.V.*
“Hello Amyness,” Bekah said as I answered the phone.
“Why do you randomly decide to use a nickname from like, middle school?” I asked laughing.
“Because, would you rather be called Kiss?”
“No, I wouldn’t, and don’t ask my to call you Soda,”
“Kay, anyways, I was calling to see if you wanted to go to Hot Topic with me so we can put our applications in,”
“Yeah, do you want me to just meet you there?” I asked.
“That’s fine,”
When we walked into Hot Topic, Juan saw us come in. “Can I help you ladi—Bekah! Amy!”
“Hey Juan,” we said in unison.
“What are you lovely ladies doing here?”
“Looking for jobs,” I said.
“You’re both hired,” He said immediately.
“We kind of wanted the same days, but different hours since we aren’t in school anymore,” Bekah explained.
“That’s fine, you’re still hired. You’re looking at the manager, so I can do that now,”
“That’s so cool Juan, but don’t we have to fill out applications and wait? I mean, I’m sure you have people in the spots that we want,” Bekah asked.
“No, I just fired two girls. Can't get good help these days,” he said shaking his head.
“How hard is restocking shit and listening to music?” Amy asked.
“I don’t know; I really don’t. But they couldn’t handle it. They’d get so confused at the register and they didn’t know their way around the store,” he explained.
“Well, you know we can do all that in our sleep,” Bekah said.
“That’s exactly why you two start on Monday. What time do you want to come in?”
“Billie told me nine to four would be best. I’m not good in the mornings and he wants me home for dinner,” Bekah said.
“Yeah, me too,” I said.
“Alright, I’ll see you two Monday at nine then,” he said as we said bye and left to meet Mike and Billie at Rosa’s for dinner.

*Amy’s P.O.V.*
“I start on Monday. I’ll be working nine to four, Monday through Friday and ten to two every other Saturday,” I said.
“Alright, that’s cool,” Mike said.
“Yeah, easy shifts for us. It will just be me, Bekah and Juan on those shifts,”
“Juan? He still works there?”
“Yes, is that a problem?” I asked.
“You remember he was the reason we broke up last time right?”
“No, actually it was your jealousy and the fact that you didn’t trust me,” I retorted. “It’s not like I ever gave you a reason not to trust me, Mike. I can't do this right now,” I said grabbing my purse as I headed out his front door.
“Baby, wait,” I barely heard Mike say as I slammed the front door closed and got into my car.
“Bekah?” I said when she answered her phone.
“Yeah Amy, what’s up?”
“Can I come over?” I asked still slightly out of breath.
“Of course, Amy. What’s wrong?”
“I’ll tell you when I get there, see you in ten,” I said hanging up.