‹ Prequel: Cheese and Lamposts

Lamps and Cheeseposts

Thanksgiving Plans

PLEASE COMMENT! They really make a difference. :D Thanks. Enjoy!

*Mike’s P.O.V.*
“Oh crap,” I said.
“What’s wrong?” Amy asked.
“I just remembered that we were supposed to have practice today because we have a show tomorrow night,” I explained.
“That’s fine, what time?”
“I don’t know. Let me call Billie,”
“Hello?” he answered.
“Are we still having practice?”
“That’s up to you,” Billie said.
“I think we should and Amy doesn’t mind,”
“Alright, what time?”
“Two hours from now work?” I asked.
“Yeah, I’ll call Tré. See you then,” he said as I hung up the phone.
“So we have two hours. What do you wanna do?” Amy asked.
“I don’t know,”
“You’re thinking something. I can tell by the tone of your voice,” Amy said.
“You know me all too well,”
“So what do you have in mind?”
“Well…I was thinking I should take a shower before practice and I was thinking you could join me, if you wanted,”
“Hmm…I think I could go for a shower. I don’t know how clean we’ll get though,” she smiled.

*Bekah's P.O.V.*
“So you are still having practice then?”
“Yeah, in about two hours. Is that okay?” Billie asked.
“Yeah, that’s fine. Can I come? I haven’t seen Mom in a while,” I said.
“Yeah that’s fine. I’m sure she would love to see you,”
“Great, so what are we going to do until then?” I asked.
“What do you wanna do?” Billie asked me.
“I don’t know, do you wanna just go ahead and go over there? You can call the guys and tell them to just go over whenever they’re ready,” I suggested.
“Yeah, sounds fine to me,” he said as he grabbed his keys and we walked to the car.
Once we got there, we were greeted at the door.
“Hey Mom,” Billie and I both said as we hugged her and she told us to come in and sit down.
“Coming over to practice I presume?” she asked.
“Yeah, we have a show tomorrow night. So we were going to go over a few songs,” Billie said.
“Oh, where are the others?”
“They’re on their way. We’re actually early but we thought we’d come by and spend a little time with you before they had to practice,” I said.
“I think I'm going to go downstairs and make sure everything is ready so we can start rehearsing as soon as the guys get here,” Billie said as he got up and headed towards the basement.
“So how have you been?” I asked.
“Busy as always,” she laughed. “What about you?”
“About the same; busy with the wedding plans. It’s coming up pretty soon. I can't believe it,” I said smiling at the thought of it.
“Are you excited?” she asked smiling.
“Of course I am,”
“I can tell,” she said. “I am so happy for you two. You were truly meant for each other.”

*Amy’s P.O.V.*
“Are you ready to go?” Mike asked.
“Yeah, let me grab my purse,” I said. We got into the car and left to go to Ollie’s house. I was hoping Bekah would be there already.
When we pulled up, we walked to the door and Ollie let us in.
“Billie is already downstairs,” she said hugging Mike.
“Thanks,” he said as he headed to the basement.
“How are you?” she asked hugging me.
“I’m good, and yourself?” I asked as I sat down on the couch Bekah was sitting on.
“I’m pretty good. Bekah and I were just talking about how we should all get together for Thanksgiving again,” she said.
“Oh we should! Where?” I asked.
“Well I suggested maybe having it at Billie and Bekah's apartment,”
“But I think we should do it here to keep it traditional, if you don’t mind,” Bekah said.
“I don’t mind at all,” Ollie said.
“I think we should do it here too. I can't wait!” I said as there was a knock on the door.
“I’ll get it. It’s probably Tré and Taylor,” I said opening the door.
“Billie and Mike are already in the basement,” I said as they came in.
“Thanks, hi Mrs. Armstrong,” Tré said.
“Tré, how many times do I have to tell you to call me Ollie?” she said.
“Sorry, habit I guess,” he said laughing as he went down the stairs.
“I’m going to start calling you Frank!” she yelled to him as we all laughed.

*Billie’s P.O.V.*
After about an hour of playing, my mom came downstairs and asked us if we all wanted to stay for dinner.
“Yeah, sure,” I said.
“Hell yes, what are you making?” Mike asked enthusiastically.
“I was planning on veggie lasagna, is that okay?” she asked.
“You’re amazing, Mom,” I said hugging my mom.
“I thought that would be okay,” she said smiling. “It should be ready in about twenty minutes so you still have a little more time to do whatever you need to do,” she said as she walked back up the stairs.
“Thanks Mom,” I said as she reached the top and closed the door.
I leaned against a stool that was placed near me crossed my arms and then slowly went into a daze.
“Billie, Billie!” Mike said first nudging my arm and then pushing it almost to the point where I would’ve fallen over.
“What? Oh, sorry,” I said snapping out of it.
“What are you thinking about? You’ve been just standing there and grinning like mad for a few minutes now,” Tré said.
“Oh, I don’t know,” I lied.
“It’s the wedding, isn’t it?” Mike asked.
“Yeah,” I said as a smile spread across my face.
“Are you excited?” Tré asked.
“Of course I am,” I said.
“I can tell,”

*Amy’s P.O.V.*
The oven beeped letting Ollie know that the lasagna was done. She told me to get the guys and tell them that dinner was ready so they could come up to eat. We were all seated at the table when they finally came upstairs. They all took their seats and brought the dish of lasagna to the table along with a basket of garlic bread. We all served ourselves and had casual conversation.
“We’re going to have Thanksgiving dinner here again like we did last year,” Bekah said randomly.
“We are?” Billie asked.
“Yup, we were discussing it while you guys were downstairs,” I added.
“Oh, okay. That’s cool with me,” Billie said.
We discussed a little more about plans of when we should come over on that day and other details. After we were all finished eating, Bekah, Taylor, and I helped Ollie clean up the kitchen while the guys went over their lineup for tomorrow nights show. Soon after, we all headed home.

*Bekah's P.O.V.*
“Hello?” I said answering the phone.
“Rebekah?”
“Mom?” I asked.
“Yeah, it’s me,” she said and paused for a moment.
“Is there a reason you’re calling?” I asked.
“Well, I was wondering if you had any plans for Thanksgiving,” she said.
“Well yeah, actually we do,” I said.
“Oh right, you and Billie,” she said.
“You know, as much as you don’t like it, I’m with Billie and that isn’t going to change. We’re getting married and there’s nothing you can do about it,” I said coldly.
“Well, your dad and I wanted to know if you wanted to have Thanksgiving lunch with us at your grandmother’s house,”
“I’ll talk to Billie; I don’t know exactly what all we have planned for that day,” I lied.
“I guess I’ll talk to you later then. Call me and let me know when you know if you can or not,” she said.
“Alright,”
“Bye,” she said as I hung up the phone.
“Who was that?” Billie asked as he came out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist running his fingers through his wet hair due to the shower he had just taken.
“My mom,” I answered.
“She calls at random times, don’t you think?”
“Yeah, I agree. She asked if I had plans for Thanksgiving. I told her that we already had plans for it,”
“Why does she not like the fact that we are together? She never has,” he asked.
“To be honest, I have no idea. She’s never told me why she doesn’t like us together. I just know she doesn’t. It just all started when we thought I was pregnant,”
“I don’t understand your mom; your dad is fine with it,”
“He hasn’t always been fine with it. He was disappointed when he found out I thought I was pregnant because I had always told him I would wait until marriage. He has just always been more supportive of me and the choices that I make, whether they are bad or good,” I explained. He looked at me with a look that questioned that last statement. “That came out sort of wrong. I didn’t mean that anything that has happened was a mistake. We should’ve been more careful, but that’s in the past, and I wasn’t pregnant. I didn’t mean it the way it sounded,” I said standing up off of the bed and resting a hand on his cheek.
“I understand,” he said as I leaned in and placed a light kiss on his lips.
“Thanks Baby,” I smiled. “So, we need to talk about this then,”
“Talk about what?” he asked pulling a pair of boxers on and climbing into bed.
“About Thanksgiving; it’s been forever since I’ve seen most of my family and I need to see them. Especially because it’s around the holidays,”
“So do you want to plan on going to whatever it is that your mom was talking about?” Billie asked.
“Yeah, I do. Even if we don’t eat lunch, just go and visit,”
“That’s fine. Do you know what time they are having lunch?”
“I’ll have to check the schedule,”
“Schedule? What schedule?” he asked.
“Football schedule; if the game is at noon, they’ll eat at three and if the game is at three, then they eat at noon. We’ve always scheduled stuff around sports. Football and baseball anyways,” I explained.
“Wow,”
“Yeah I know. But I’ll find out. Right now I’m tired and I want to go to sleep,” I said turning out the lamp but as I did that, I noticed the bathroom light was still on. I sighed.
“I’ll get it,” Billie said as he walked to the bathroom and turned the light out. He made his way back over to his side of the bed and crawled in. I felt the mattress shift and then even out but felt it shift again as I felt Billie’s lips on my shoulder. I turned so I was lying on my back and then he kissed my lips. He was propped up on his elbows as he continued to kiss me and I placed my hand on his cheek where it had been before.
“Goodnight,” he said when he broke the kiss.
“I love you,” I whispered.
“I love you, too,” he replied as he lay back down and I drifted off to sleep.