‹ Prequel: Cheese and Lamposts

Lamps and Cheeseposts

"Wake up!"

*Bekah's P.O.V.*
“Bekah, BEKAH! Wake up,” I heard Billie say as he was lightly shaking me.
“Wha-what?” I asked still half asleep.
“You were crying Baby. What’s wrong?” he asked.
“I was?” I asked as I wiped a few tears off of my face.
“Yes, what’s wrong? Did you have a bad dream?” he asked with a concerned tone.
“Yeah, I guess so,” I lied. I did have a bad dream.
“Do you remember what it was about?”
“No,” I lied again. I wasn’t sure I should tell him what I dreamed about. At least, not right now.
“Well it was just a dream. It wasn’t real,” he said trying to soothe me.
“Yeah, I guess you’re right,” I said softly.
“We have a rehearsal today at Mom’s house. Do you wanna come?”
“Umm…I’m not sure. I’ll let you know. I think I'm going to go call Amy,” I said as I left the room and went to the kitchen. I grabbed the phone and hopped onto the counter to sit. I dialed her number and it started to ring.
“Hello?” she answered.
“Hey Amy. What are you doing today?” I asked.
“I was planning on going to the guys’ rehearsal today, why?”
“Well, I was sort of wondering if I could come over,” I said.
“Of course you can. What’s wrong?” she asked.
“I’ll explain when I get there,”
“Did Billie do something to you? Just say the word and I’ll be over to kick his ass,” she said defensively.
“No, it’s not Billie. I’ll explain when I get there. Just let me get dressed. I’ll be over in about twenty minutes,”
“Alright, bye,”
“Bye,” I said hanging up the phone. I jumped off of the counter and walked back into our bedroom to get dressed. I pulled out some jeans and a t-shirt and then went to the bathroom to put on some eyeliner.
“Where are you going?” Billie asked.
“I’m going to go to Amy’s for a while. If we’re done then we might head over to your practice. If not, then we’ll just see you tonight at the show. Is that okay?”
“Yeah that’s fine. Done with what?” he questioned.
“Talking,” I answered.
“Oh, okay,” he said. I could tell he wanted to know more, but I knew he wouldn’t question anything. I finished in the bathroom and grabbed my purse.
“I’ll call you and let you know what we’re doing okay?” I said kissing him and I started walking away, but before I could get away, he grabbed my hand and pulled me back..
“Okay, I love you,” he said as he pulled me back closer to him and kissed me.
“I love you too,” I said as I headed out the front door.

*Tré’s P.O.V.*
“So we’re opening with ‘409 In Your Coffeemaker’?” I asked.
“Yeah, let’s just go straight into that and then Billie, you can introduce the next song,” Mike said.
“Alright, that’s fine with me,” Billie said.
“Let’s continue running over these songs just a few more times. We haven’t had a gig in a while, so I just wanna make sure we have everything right,” Mike said. Mike and I came in on our parts, but when it was Billie’s turn to come in with the vocals, it seemed he had kind of spaced out and forgot to come in.
“Billie, what’s wrong?” I asked.
“Yeah man, what’s up? You haven’t quite been yourself lately,” Mike added.
“What? Oh, it’s nothing,” he said.
“It’s not ‘nothing’; Billie what’s up?” Mike asked.
“Is it Bekah?” I asked.
“Well, sort of,” he said.
“Well what happened?” Mike asked.
“I woke up this morning and I saw that she was crying in her sleep. So I asked her if it was a bad dream and if she remembered what happened,”
“And?” I asked.
“She said that it probably was just a bad dream but that she couldn’t remember what happened,” he trailed off.
“But?” Mike asked.
“But it just almost seems like she just didn’t want to tell me what happened. Then she just got up and I guess went to call Amy and when she came back she said she was going to go to Amy’s because she had to talk to her about something. So it just doesn’t seem like anything else just randomly came up, I think she went to go talk about whatever it was that she dreamt about,” Billie finished explaining.
“Well, maybe it’s something that she’s not sure is serious or not, so she doesn’t want to bring it up and it get turned into something that is serious,” I said.
“I guess, I just figured, you know, we’re getting married; is she going to go off to Amy every time something happens or is she going to be able to talk to me about it? You know what I mean?”
“I understand; just give her time. When she thinks she can talk to you about it, she will. When the time is right,” Mike said trying to make sense of everything.
“Yeah, I guess you’re right. Let’s get back to practicing,” Billie said.

*Amy’s P.O.V.*
I heard Bekah pull up and saw her walk to the door. I opened it and let her inside as we walked to my room so that we could talk about whatever was bothering her.
“Hey, are you okay?” I asked.
“Yeah, I think so. I’m not sure,” she said.
“Well what’s wrong?”
“Well, this morning when Billie woke me up, he said I was crying. So I wiped my face off and then he asked what was wrong. He asked if I had a bad dream so I just said yes and he asked if I remembered what happened, but I said no,”
“But you do remember what happened, don’t you?” I said as more of a statement than a question.
“Yeah,” she said sighing.
“Well, what happened?” I asked. She took a deep breath and then replied, “Well, it was just a couple of months before our wedding and I found out I was pregnant even though Billie and I had used protection. But since our wedding wasn’t too far away, I figured it was fine. But then Billie told me that he didn’t want a baby.” A tear rolled down Bekah's cheek as she continued, “But I couldn’t understand why, because Billie and I have talked about it, and we want to have kids when we get married. So we got into fights about whether or not to keep the baby and I got so stressed about it that I went to the doctor for a checkup, and he told me that I had lost the baby due to stress. That was about a week before the wedding and I chose not to tell Billie, I just told him everything was fine when I got back from the checkup. So then it was our wedding day and we were both standing at the altar and it came to the part where the priest says ‘If there is anyone who objects, speak now or forever hold your peace’ and my mom stood up and objected. Everything just went wrong,” Bekah finished very out of breath and then broke down into tears. I pulled her into a hug and tried to comfort her.
“Bekah, shh, it was just a dream,”
“But what if it happened?”
“Don’t think about the ‘what if’s. That isn’t going to happen, Bekah. Everything is going to go fine and if anyone wants different, then they’re going to have to deal with all of us: Tré, Taylor, Mike, Billie, and me,”
“What if—“ she started but cut her off with a glare. “Suppose this isn’t meant to happen?” Bekah asked through sobs. She always had a way of getting around things people told her not to say by rewording it.
“This is meant to happen Bekah. I know it. There’s no reason this shouldn't happen. Do you know why I know that?”
“Why?” she said wiping off her face.
“Because you love Billie and he loves you. You love each other more than anything and that’s all you need. It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks,”
“But my mom doesn’t want it to happen,”
“Since when have you cared what your mom thinks? That’s always been the last person you take into consideration Bekah,”
“I know, I don’t know why I am now,”
“I think you’re just getting nervous about the wedding because it’s getting closer. It’s normal,” I explained.
“But Billie isn’t getting that way,” she argued.
“I think you should talk to him about this and see what he thinks,” I said.
“Alright,”
“I’m going to call Mike and see if they’re still practicing and if so, we can go over there and you can talk to Billie there okay?”
“Okay,” she said as she finished drying off her face.