‹ Prequel: Cheese and Lamposts

Lamps and Cheeseposts

"Oh my gosh! I'm sorry!!!"

*Mike’s P.O.V.*
We were wrapping up practice when I heard someone walking down the stairs. I looked up and saw Amy and Bekah standing there.
“Hey, I thought you were going to call?” Billie asked.
“I need to talk to you,” Bekah said as she walked back up the stairs. He looked at Amy and then turned and looked at me. I nodded and gestured towards the stairs. He walked up the stairs to find Bekah as I spoke up.
“What’s going on?” I asked Amy.
“She had a bad dream that she needs to talk to him about,” she answered.
“Oh, well then hopefully afterwards we won’t be so out of it. We need him to come in at the right places tonight,” I said with a laugh at the end.
“Yeah, I think he’ll be fine. I hope Bekah feels better after this too.” Amy told Tré and me what was going on, not in detail of what exactly happened in the dream, but enough to let us know what was going on.

*Billie’s P.O.V.*
I walked up the stairs and into the living room to see if Bekah was there but I didn’t see her so I went to my old room. I opened the door and found her sitting on the bed.
“What’s wrong? Does this have to do with this morning?” I asked. She nodded. I didn’t want to push anything; she would talk when she was ready so I waited. She took a deep breath and then started.
“I had a bad dream last night,” she said and then went on to explain what all happened in the dream. By the time she was done explaining, she was in tears again just like she had been this morning when I woke her up. I pulled her closer to me and she rested her head on my chest as I wrapped my arms around her. I rested my chin on top of her head and then spoke to her in a soft and calm voice.
“Baby, it’s okay. Everything is going to be okay. It’s just cold feet; it’s normal to get before a wedding,” I said before kissing the top of her head.
“Then why aren’t you getting them?” she asked sitting up a bit.
“You think I’m not?” I asked.
“Well you never said anything about it,”
“Because I didn’t think that you did and I didn’t want you to get them if you thought I was nervous or didn’t want this to happen,” I explained.
“Wait, y-you don’t want this to happen?” she asked very timidly.
“No! That’s not what I’m saying! That came out wrong; I’m sorry. I meant I didn’t want you to think that my having cold feet was because I didn’t want this to happen because it’s not,”
“So do you still have cold feet?” she asked.
“No,”
“Well…”
“I got over it. You know how?” I asked.
“How?”
“Because I thought about how much I love you and the fact that that’s all that matters,” I said smiling.
“I love you,” she said as she kissed me.
“I love you, too, Bekah. Don’t you ever forget that,” I said breaking the kiss for a moment only to have another. The kiss was soon deepened as she began to lie down and pull me down with her. I situated on top of her and then paused.
“What’s wrong?” she asked. “Is this weird that we’re doing this here?”
“No, it’s not that. I was wondering if my mom cleaned out these drawers after I left,” I said opening the drawer of the night stand. “Nope, she didn’t. That’s a good thing,” I said pulling out a condom. “I didn’t want to get too carried away if I didn’t have one of these,”
“Oh, I see,” she said putting her hand on the back of my neck and pulling me back down. Before we knew it, all of our clothes were strewn all over the floor and I was rolling the condom on. I had just worked up to a steady pace when, “Is everything oka—OH MY GOSH!”
Amy had walked in and promptly walked back out.

*Amy’s P.O.V.*
Oh my gosh, I can't believe I just saw that. Apparently everything is fine.
“Amy! Wait!” I heard Bekah say as she opened the door. I didn’t turn around. I wasn’t sure I could look at her right now. “I’m sorry!”
“It-it’s okay,” I stammered out still not looking at her. I went back down to the basement and sat on the couch with my eyes still wide.
“Amy? What’s wrong?” Mike asked. I pointed to the stairs.
“What?” he asked as I heard Bekah and Billie coming down the stairs.
“What did you two do?” Mike asked.
“Each other,” Tré said butting in.
“Tré, now is not the time. What happened?” Mike asked again.
“Umm… actually, what Tré said,” Billie answered.
“Oh, oh, okay. I-I get it now. Same thing that happened to you?” he said directed at Bekah.
“Yeah,” she said softly.
“Sorry Amy, we got a little uh…carried away,” Billie said.
“I know this isn’t a great time, but we need to load up so we can set up for tonight,” Tré said.
“Yeah, you’re right,” Billie agreed as they all started getting their stuff together to take to the van.
“Do you still wanna ride with me to the show or would you rather go with them?” Bekah asked.
“I’ll just go with you. I’m a little better I guess,” I said with a light laugh at the end.
“Alright come on,” she said as we went upstairs.
“I’ll see you there okay?” I said to Mike as I kissed him and walked to Bekah's car.
“Alright, I love you,” he said as I got in and mouthed the same thing back to him as I blew him a kiss.
“I’ll see you there Babe,” Bekah said kissing Billie and getting in.
“Are you sure you’re okay?” she asked once we had been driving for a little bit.
“Yeah, I just wasn’t expecting it,” I explained.
“Imagine how it was for me; at least you know I’m not a virgin. I didn’t know you weren’t until I walked in on you two. Well, I guess you were up until that day,” she said.
“Yeah, I guess you’re right. It was bound to happen sooner or later I guess. It’s still just kind of weird,”
“I understand. I guess part of it was that we weren’t used to having to lock the door because no one is usually at our apartment, you know?”
“Yeah, I know,” I said laughing. “Anyways, I guess I’m over it, sort of. I’m actually looking at you now which is progress from before,”
“Yeah since you wouldn’t even turn around when we came out,” she said laughing.
“It was weird,”
“I know. Sorry, anyways,” she said as her phone started ringing.
“Oh my gosh! Really? Hold on, I am right now,” she said as she turned on the radio. “Welcome to Paradise” was playing. “I can’t believe they’re playing it! This is so cool!” she exclaimed. This was their radio debut. Bekah and I didn’t know they were going to even release a single. Soon we pulled up to the place the guys would be playing at. We got out and ran over to them and hugged them.
“This is so cool!” Bekah exclaimed. We all went inside and the while the guys were setting up, we took our places in the crowd as the floor started to get more crowded.