Status: Brand new. Let me know what you think.

She Was The Challenge He'd Been Waiting For.

Lullabies.

Isabella clung to Matt as they sat on the couch across from her parents. They had been practically interrogating him and she felt guilty. She didn't understand why they didn't just trust him.

He was a really nice boy and he cared about her a lot. He was everything that Alex hadn't been. But she didn't understand that it was about her protection. Isabella was the only child they had left, so they weren't going to let her go off with some boy they didn't know.

Matt didn't seem phased by any of it. He knew that with Isabella's condition, her parents would be more involved and concerned. But, to him, she was worth all of this. He didn't like meeting parents and he wasn't usually good at this sort of thing, but he would do whatever he had to for her.

She was all he ever wanted and he couldn't let anything stop him from getting their approval. He wasn't really concerned, but the way that her parents seemed to judge him so severely had upset Isabella. She looked visibly upset and was tugging on his arm as if they should just leave.

"Mr. and Mrs. Randall, I do understand your concern, but my intentions with Isabella are innocent. I just want to take her out to dinner, and maybe a movie. I will return her by curfew, and will probably kiss her goodnight, but that will be all that happens."

There was a mischievous glint in her eye that made him wonder if his words would remain true, but it seemed that the words had convinced her parents. They looked at each other, before looking over at Isabella. Her father let him know that if anything happened to her, there would be consequences, but Matt wasn't worried.

He wouldn't hurt her or let anyone cause her stress. He was very careful not to let anyone make her feel sad or upset. He didn't think he could handle her crying anymore. It broke his heart to see her sad. The older boy would never dare to try anything or get fresh with her. Even though Alex had turned her into some sort of sex genius, he wasn't expecting anything. He just wanted to be with her, and let her know that he cared about her.

"Curfew is 11, correct?" Matt asked, looking at her mother.

"Tonight, we'll let it slide to midnight." The older woman smiled faintly. "Have a good time, Belle."

"Thanks Mommy." She grinned, leaping off of the couch to kiss her mother's cheek and then her fathers. "Thank you Daddy."

He sighed. "You're still my little girl, Iz. No matter what."

"I know." She smoothed out her blouse and skirt before taking Matt by the hand and leading him out the front door to his car.

"Thank you for that." Isabella spoke quietly, squeezing his hand as they sat in her driveway.

"Bella, you don't have to thank you. I'm glad that they approve enough to let me take you out. I was kind of worried."

"Why would you ever be worried?" She giggled.

She genuinely didn't understand how anyone could see Matt as harmful. Sure, he had gauges and a lipring, but he would never hurt a fly, much less a girl. He was a real softie and childlike, never violent... unless it was to defend her. She didn't see what her parents saw. She didn't see that a boy in a band wasn't worth her time.

He leaned over to kiss her cheek, smiling softly.

He didn't care that Isabella didn't pick up on some things. If it were important, he'd mention it. He liked that she saw the good in everything. Her naivety was adorable to him, and her curiosity made him smile. Of course, if it really was important, he would tell her. He wasn't keeping things from her, really. He was being as honest as possible, but holding back things that he thought may go over her head.

"I'm glad I won them over." Matt smiled.

"Me too." Isabella spoke.

"I won't ever hurt you... Not intentionally."

"I know."

"I, um, just wanted to tell you that."

She smiled with a small nod.

Isabella had no doubts that Matt was careful and he wouldn't dare put her in a position like Alex had. He was genuine and caring, but sometimes she worried he was too protective or too hesitant with her. She knew that he cared and that was why he did these things, but she didn't know if he was just scared or if he wasn't interesting.

It wasn't that sex had been a terrible experience for her. Alex had made her feel great, he had just also used her for his own pleasure. She hadn't expected to be left like that afterwards, but Matt wouldn't do that. He would never just leave after something like that... She had every urge to experience sex with someone like him who actually cared about her. Alex said he did a lot, he said he loved her, but Matt showed her.

She had never felt so controlled by her hormones. Not even when she got her period for the first time, and was a crying, cramp-ridden mess. She'd always had control over everything, but when she was around Matt, this need or yearning seemed to be present. It was natural, she had read. But she'd never felt it before him. Perhaps Alex had awoken it within her and now it had moved on to Matt.

Still, she surprised him greatly as she made the first move, tugging him closer to her and connecting their lips. He smiled, still a little shocked at the force the small girl had shown. He sometimes didn't believe that Isabella had Asperger's or that she wasn't "normal." He was starting to understand just how she worked and how her syndrome was only a part of who she was.

"What was that?" He chuckled.

"Just... thank you." She spoke quietly, looking down at her lap and blushing.

Matt had never met a girl like Isabella, and he couldn't tell if she was just strange or if it was the syndrome. Although it was a large part of her, he knew that it didn't make up her whole identity. He was definitely falling for the girl, no matter how complicated she was. Maybe it wasn't the easiest of relationships, but they worked together well.

She wasn't stupid; in fact, she was probably smarter than he was. The things she didn't understand were mostly social, and he would be able to step in. Matt knew that he'd be able to coach her if necessary. Still, the strong sexuality that radiated from her was making him wonder how much longer he could deny the way he wanted her. She was a beautiful girl and he wanted nothing more than to be with her in the most natural way, but she was still Isabella. He respected her too much to rush into any of this.

"Thank you for really caring about me, Matt." She spoke.

"Thank you for opening up to me, Iz."

"You saved me." The girl whispered. "I need you."

"I need you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait. Hopefully its worth it albeit slightly short. Comments are appreciated.