Status: Brand new. Let me know what you think.

She Was The Challenge He'd Been Waiting For.

Coffee Shop Soundtrack.

Isabella wondered if this was a good idea, but she wanted to face him. Matt had offered to come, but she wanted to deal with it herself. Everyone was so afraid for some reason and she didn't understand why. Alex knew better than to try anything. He had to respect that she was with his friend now. She wasn't sure, and she couldn't make any assumptions.

It was strange how she thought she knew him so well, but really she hadn't at all. She'd never been able to understand Alex, really. She'd never met anyone like him, he'd amazed her with his poetic words and smoothness, but now she had her guard up. Isabella was nervous, to be honest. She didn't know if this was a good idea or if her whole plan of a friendship with him was a terrible idea.

"I've missed you." He'd spoken with puppy dog eyes as his hand found hers.

She smiled softly, staring down at his hand.

His touch didn't feel nice anymore, not like Matt's. Even the way he touched her was nothing like how Matt did. She shrugged away from him, opening her bag and trying to occupy herself with its contents. She smiled, finding a folded up piece of paper and unfolded it to find a small note from Matt. He was so thoughtful to her.

Minnie,
Have fun, but keep your guard up.
Tonight I'll bring over Aladdin.
Call me later.
Mickey


"So, you guys are pretty serious?" Alex scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

Isabella nodded with a smile. "I guess I sort of owe you for introducing us."

She couldn't read his expression as he took in the information. He didn't look upset, but neither did he look happy. His brown eyes were dark and wide, while he bit his lip. The blonde didn't want to make things any weirder or ask him what he was feeling. She almost felt guilty for moving on so quickly, but then she remembered the brunette she and Matt had seen him with. She didn't want to feel guilty, because she knew that Alex didn't. She wasn't sure he ever really cared about her. He had a funny way of showing it if he had.

"Things are going well, though?" He asked.

"Yes. I really care about him. He treats me well." She wanted to add in something like, better than you did but she bit her tongue.

Alex must have acknowledged how he'd hurt her and disregarded it. Perhaps it hurt him that she wasn't his pawn anymore and that she didn't want him. He'd always thought that girls thought he was the best they could ever have, but Isabella made him doubt his powers. She had a point though, and he'd treated her terribly. He sometimes felt guilty over what he'd done to her.

The truth was that he'd thought because she wasn't "normal," getting her into bed would be easier. He hadn't really thought about earning her trust or making her feel real emotions for him. He'd played the role of boyfriend to get to the finish line, but ever since had pondered the situation. He'd been happy with Isabella and hadn't experienced that type of joy since. He discovered that he actually had feelings for her. She wasn't just another girl to him, and he wanted to prove it to her, but she'd found another boy.

"I...I'm happy for you." Alex spoke. "But it makes me realize just how stupid I was when I had you."

"Did you ever really care about me?" Her voice was strained, the words hard to get out.

"I didn't realize how much until it was all over."

"You really, really hurt me, Alex. You stole my virginity, my purity. I was saving that for my husband." She was getting angry, but tried to remain rationale. She didn't want to cause a scene in the coffee shop.

"I know." He answered quietly. "I'm a fuck up, Iz."

"I really cared about you, Al. I was falling for you, and I was trying to give you everything, but you ripped it from me."

He sighed. "I miss you constantly."

"I've missed you from time to time, but even if I wasn't with Matt, that wouldn't change a thing."

"No?"

"Unless you can magically restore my virginity..." Isabella drifted off. "Alex, I care about you and I always will. You were my first... everything, but I can't... I don't..." She sighed, unable to make sense of her thoughts.

"I ruined you." He spoke quietly. "Now you're with someone you really care about and you feel like you have nothing to give him."

"Yeah."

"He's my friend, Izzy, but don't you think we should try again? I mean, it only makes sense. Don't you feel something for me? Don't you want to be with me?"

"Alex," The blonde frowned. "I don't think... No."

"I feel terrible about everything. I love you, I miss you. I fucked up so badly, but I want to fix it, Bella."

"You can't, Alex. I want to try to be your friend, but I don't even know if I can do that. This is weird and uncomfortable enough. I want to get passed this and it not to be awkward."

Alex sighed, nodding his head defeatedly.

He wasn't sure he'd even had a shot. He saw the way Isabella and Matt were together. They seemed like a perfect couple, but he missed her. There was something about Isabella that no other girl had. Maybe it was her innocence or the way she seemed so trusting. He couldn't get that feeling from any other girl. He'd tried to, and failed since. It angered him that he'd screwed up and he'd hoped that he could make things right, but he couldn't.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry its short, but I felt it was really needed. They never really had a chance to get things out in the open.
Comments please?